Wright Patman Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wright Patman Lake

Anyone been hunting Wright Patman Lake this season?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I haven't this season yet but will be up there the whole week of Thanksgiving camping/hunting and fishing. What part are you hunting?

Comment

Bassett creek/Blue Lake areas

Comment

Not far from where ill be , just across the river.

Comment

Should be good hunting

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
            I haven't this season yet but will be up there the whole week of Thanksgiving camping/hunting and fishing. What part are you hunting?
            What you fishing for that time of year?

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
              What you fishing for that time of year?

Its just gonna be my son and I and possibly a nephew this year so we'll probably just try to catch some blues on limb lines.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                Anyone been hunting Wright Patman Lake this season?

Theres hunting on that lake? Ducks I’m guessing?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  Theres hunting on that lake? Ducks I’m guessing?
                  Theres about 55,000 acres of public hunting land around the lake.

Comment

I grew up on that lake, mighty fine place imo.
                    My dad owned the land on each side of the spillway, and built the original baitshop.
                    In its heyday it was rocking and pretty much a 24/7 gig.
                    18 boats for rent, huge lighted dock, electric trolley up and down the hill from the dock to the baitshop, they ran bow fishing tournaments, had snagging tournaments, etc..
                    Dad knew everyone around the lake, and there's not much of it I haven't hunted or been on.
                    Eat up with pigs now, but I still get pictures of good deer from time to time.
                    Spent a lot of time up north in the river by the monument chasing ducks, and bowfishing in the spring.
                    Wet yrs, the gar would move up in there, out of the lake by the 10s of thousands.
                    Seemed like you could have walked across their backs from one side to the other at times.
                    Great place for flatheads in June as well .
                    The lake used to be chock full of channel cats as well.
                    We used to run lines out by the islands and fill up freezers with them tasty little devils.
                    Spent a lot of time down river, setting hoop nets and gill nets for whatever we could catch, cuz someone was always buying.
                    When the water was running, you couldn't put enough men in the boat to roll the nets out of the water there would be so many fish in em.
                    A 1000lbs of Buffalo was a hourly thing.
                    Shooting gar off the wall was my favorite place of all though, especially on Fri & Sat nights.
                    Country music blaring, everyone drinking, and betting $1 or $2 a shot, until nobody in the pool hit but 1 person.
                    Pots could get up pretty big on the weekends, and it was hoot.
                    The woke, govern me harder culture got all that fun shut down though, in the name of "public safety" .
                    Anyway, sorry for the long post, just a lotta good memories from that lake.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                      Theres about 55,000 acres of public hunting land around the lake.
                      Is it is a WMA? I was looking on TPWD’s website and didn’t see anything.

I only ask because my family went camping at the state park there back in March and that country is beautiful.

Comment

Comment

That's the lake my wife grew up on. Always looks gamey to me but did not know if access was there.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Up.... Anyone seeing much deer movement?

Comment

Anyone hunt over there today?

Comment

Working...
                              X