Would you shoot a mountain lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you shoot a mountain lion

The TC pic of the mountain lion chasing the deer got me to thinking about shooting one. Would you guys shoot a mountain lion if you were deer hunting here in Texas?

I would as our landowner wants all varmints shot on site as he has lots of livestock. But part of me thinks it would be super cool to just see one in person. I’ve only seen one my whole life (50 years).

I would shoot one, in a heartbeat!

Comment

In a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I want to shoot one, I have heard the meat is delicious. So if i ran into a mature one i could ID as a male I'd probably shoot it

Comment

Wouldn't think twice about it.

Comment

1 yes and get a full body mount. Now, if i had the opportunity at a second one at some time no on that one.

Comment

Yep

Comment

It’s cool to see one Texas or even get video or pics. The shoot right away logic comes from extreme fear.

Comment

Probably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes

Comment

I would and would be super excited if I could with a bow.

Probably not many Texas mt lions that have been taken by bow, at least in recent history

And yes I would be slightly scared of a cat bigger than a bobcat that could kill me

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
                        The shoot right away logic comes from extreme fear.
                        I'm not afraid of elk but if one walked out at my buddy's ranch in W Texas, I'd shoot it right away.

The lion would make a heck of a trophy and sightings are very rare in our area. If one popped out, I'd take a shot. No doubt.

Comment

I would not but I’m sure that puts me in the minority.

On second thought, if I couldn’t get a picture I might have to shoot it just to prove I saw one. Otherwise every time I said I saw a mountain lion I would hear it was just a bobcat or a yellow dog.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            I would and would be super excited if I could with a bow.
                            I'd be sh****n' bricks... Talk about target panic! I'd be afraid to make a poor shot... That cat would cover those 20yds and be up my 12' tripod in a heartbeat!

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

Working...
                              X