Aaron Hernandez series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaron Hernandez series

I had no real desire to watch this 3 part series. Not a Patriots fan at all. My wife turned it on the other night, and it was really pretty interesting.

I knew he was convicted of murder and that he killed himself in jail.

But, wow the details behind all of that really revealed a lot.

Anyway, I thought it was worth a little more than 3 hours of my time (so much we watch, probably not).

And the way it ended, with something that may at least provide a partial explanation for his behavior, was well done too.

Full disclosure: I do like the forensic files and cold case type shows. This is just a longer more detailed version of one of those.

Dangit. I refused to watch it but this is the third time i've heard this. I gues i'll check it out. I'm a fan of the forensic files type shows as well.

Comment

Yeah it was really good. Especially his reasoning for killing himself.

Comment

Watched it also, dude was a nut case and shows if your talented enough you can almost get away with anything

Comment

I had the same thing happen, my wife turned it on and I ended up watching all of it. It was interesting.

Comment

Which one did you watch? Netflix came out with one, then shortly after A&E aired one. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back to sleep last week, so I turned Netflix on...ended up watching all 3 parts! It was really good.

Comment

I watched the one on A&E. It was really good

Comment

So, did the CTE get blamed for everything?

Comment

CTE was covered at the end of the series. The doctor who examined his brain basically said he had it and as bad of shape as his brain was in, she would never have believed he was only 27 when he died.

He had basically all of the symptoms of CTE.

It was never said, "he did what he did because of CTE". But more like, oh & this (CTE) could sure have been a factor.

How big of a factor? Who can say.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    So, did the CTE get blamed for everything?
                    In the Netflix series, not really. It was focused more on his "secret life" of a thug stuck in the closet.

Comment

He Also suffered from a severe case of limp wrist

Comment

Did they touch on his college career and Urban Meyer? Was going to watch this weekend.

There is a podcast on Hernandez called Gladiator that was REALLY good. It explains how he got to where he was in life starting at childhood. After listening to that podcast, I feel for Aaron, but still agree he needed to be in prison, along with serious counselling.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                          CTE was covered at the end of the series. The doctor who examined his brain basically said he had it and as bad of shape as his brain was in, she would never have believed he was only 27 when he died.

He had basically all of the symptoms of CTE.

It was never said, "he did what he did because of CTE". But more like, oh & this (CTE) could sure have been a factor.

How big of a factor? Who can say.
                          Kinda one of those things where you take a guy already prone to and used to this type of violence and life, throw in brain damage and trauma, and you get a recipe for disaster. The cause...doubtful. But when you add an accelerant to a smoldering fire.... Shame though. He had all the tools and money to escape the cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            Did they touch on his college career and Urban Meyer? .
                            Yes

Comment

I watched 2 episodes yesterday and it was well done. Dude had some serious rage.

Comment

Working...
                              X