No announcement yet.

2020 Ford 6.7 Powerstroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be more concerned with the death wobble......

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
      The 10r140 is rated for 1,032 ft ibs of torque. The 2020 6.7's make 1,050 ft ibs of torque. I wouldn't touch one for a long time. Go get a 19
      Where do you find this at?

Comment

The 10r140 is rated for 1,032 ft ibs of torque. The 2020 6.7's make 1,050 ft ibs of torque. I wouldn't touch one for a long time. Go get a 19
        The 6R140 was rated for 1400 lbs. I highky doubt they went to a less rated transmission.

Just checked. As in suspected the 10R140 is still rated for 1400 lbs.
        Last edited by TX03RUBI; 01-21-2020, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          The 6R140 was rated for 1400 lbs. I highky doubt they went to a less rated transmission.

Just checked. As in suspected the 10R140 is still rated for 1400 lbs.
          Yes sir, that's the impression I had as well as read up on and found too, I just wanted to see if he could produce where he read otherwise.

Comment

The Ford F-Series Super Duty is likely to gain a 10-speed automatic transmission for 2020. The gearbox will be built at Sharonville Transmission in Ohio.

Pay attention to the units. NM (Newton Meters) 1400. Equals 1,032 ft ibs of torque.
            Last edited by Arrowthreat; 01-21-2020, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Ive read several. Some say 1400 ft lbs, and thats the only one i see saying 1400 NM. Either way my truck is putting well over 1000 lbs to the wheels without issue in the 6R140. I know a few guys putting a lot more down go the wheels than me without issue as well.

Im not vouching for the 10spd. It may be great, or may be junk. Just saying that rating isnt exactly the best basis.

Comment

https://fordauthority.com/2017/08/fo...es-super-duty/

Pay attention to the units. NM (Newton Meters) 1400. Equals 1,032 ft ibs of torque.
                Please also pay attention to the articles date. It was from 2 years ago. It links to a TFL article from August 12, 2017 where Andre speculates that the new 6.7 will put out no more than 1000 ft pounds due to what he figures the new transmission is rated at.

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
                  Please also pay attention to the articles date. It was from 2 years ago. It links to a TFL article from August 12, 2017 where Andre speculates that the new 6.7 will put out no more than 1000 ft pounds due to what he figures the new transmission is rated at.
                  He doesn't figure what the transmission is rated at, he knows what it's rated at. Hes figuring what the torque output of the new trucks will be. Obviously at the time, ford hadn't released their torque numbers of the 2020 yet. But, they had released the transmission torque rating. That was the entire point of the article.
                  Last edited by Arrowthreat; 01-21-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    Ive read several. Some say 1400 ft lbs, and thats the only one i see saying 1400 NM. Either way my truck is putting well over 1000 lbs to the wheels without issue in the 6R140. I know a few guys putting a lot more down go the wheels than me without issue as well.

I'm not vouching for the 10spd. It may be great, or may be junk. Just saying that rating isn't exactly the best basis.
                    What is a better basis? The OP was thoughts on the new 2020 trucks. Nobody has been able to drive one long enough to know if they will last. The torque rating was the first red flag for people. I'm not basing all this off one article, there's threads regarding this same concern on the powerstroke forms. I really don't care either way. I just suggested I would get the proven 2019 platform truck.

Comment

Working...
                    X