2020 Ford 6.7 Powerstroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Ford 6.7 Powerstroke

Anybody purchased a new 2020 6.7 Ford Diesel. Interested to see what the MPG difference is between 2017 - 2019 vs 2020. Also how do you like the 10 speed transmission. I'm looking at trading my 2017 in but can't decide weather to go 2019 because of the discounts right now or go with the 2020. Only reason considering trading in is to go from F250 to a F350 dually (pulling trailers several times a month). If you have any experiences with the 2020 I would like to hear it.

The 19 rebates are crazy right now. I walked out at 59k for a lariat f250 loaded with everything I want. Also I figured I would give it a few years with then new transmission. The first years always seem to have kinks that need to be worked out.

Comment

Just some practical advice, never buy the first model year of anything. That said, I heard the transmission is phenomenal. But I would wait a year.

Comment

I hear you waiting for the first year. If I decide to go with 2020 I would wait until the end of the year.

Comment

I went and test drove an identical 2020 350 SRW to my 17' 350 SRW, and the truck drove very nice. The transmission was very smooth, and according to the fuel usage meter I was definitely getting 2-3 mpg better than my truck under the same driving habits. I really liked the lack of lag in the 20' but I couldn't get passed the power of it. My 17' is deleted with a 50 hp tow tube, and the power feels endless pulling you completely through the gear. The 20' didn't have lag, but the power just didn't feel any better than a stock 17'. Not that that's a bad thing, but just what made me realize I wouldn't be happy driving that every day since I'd leave the emissions on this go round.

Comment

Kinda feel at the 2500-250/350 range fuel economy is out the window. With emissions and more and more power repairs and emissions issues will just make it all expensive. If you like it buy one.
            IMO fuel economy in a truck that big isn’t at the top of my list.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
              Kinda feel at the 2500-250/350 range fuel economy is out the window. With emissions and more and more power repairs and emissions issues will just make it all expensive. If you like it buy one.
              IMO fuel economy in a truck that big isn’t at the top of my list.
              I felt the same way buying my 350, but I have to admit the reported mileage I'm seeing on these trucks is very appealing. A lot of actual 18-20 mpg highway with 12-14 towing, and with actual verification not the kilometer. I'd be plain ecstatic to get 14 towing with my truck even with just a little 14-16' tandem axle and UTV

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                Just some practical advice, never buy the first model year of anything. That said, I heard the transmission is phenomenal. But I would wait a year.
                I've done this with 2 trucks back to back and haven't had any issues. 2009 F150 then 2017 F250.

Comment

I have not seen any deals, cash back or rebates to make me want to buy one and that is being down to 1 vehicle since the wife had to turn her company SUV back in after retiring.

Comment

I wouldnt worry about it being a "new" year model as much. They revamped some stuff but it wasnt a complete redesign on the motor. If you are looking at a dually look at the 450's also. It has a wider front end so it actually has a better turning radius than the 350's due to the steering angle being greater. I a not surprised to hear that the power in a 2020 feels similar to a 19 down. Most of that power doesnt become available till the final gears. Ford doesnt want all that power from a dead stop to limit warranty items.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      I have not seen any deals, cash back or rebates to make me want to buy one and that is being down to 1 vehicle since the wife had to turn her company SUV back in after retiring.
                      The 2019s are as cheap as you'll ever find a new Super Duty right now. Gene Messer in town still has a pretty decent inventory of them. Not sure how willing they are to deal though.

Comment

Well I bought 2020 F250 CC 6.7 10 speed. Unloaded I don't notice anything different with the transmission shifting. Unloaded it skips over gears something like 1, 3,5,7,10.

I would guess this tranny makes using 3:55 gears doable when loaded/towing.

I only have one fill up and only 357 around town miles on the truck so 14.67 mpg is meaningless.

Comment

I took a small road trip this weekend and got 18.9MPG in my stock 2019 6.7

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            The 2019s are as cheap as you'll ever find a new Super Duty right now. Gene Messer in town still has a pretty decent inventory of them. Not sure how willing they are to deal though.
                            Been doing some internet deals and no one is coming off more than $5000! Have not come back with a lowball offer to see what they do. I am going to wait until March, that will probably put me into a 2020 especially with the truck I want, a long bed which is not easy to find and I do not want a white truck unless they give it away!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                              Been doing some internet deals and no one is coming off more than $5000! Have not come back with a lowball offer to see what they do. I am going to wait until March, that will probably put me into a 2020 especially with the truck I want, a long bed which is not easy to find and I do not want a white truck unless they give it away!
                              Not sure what color or package you're wanting, but I remember you were interested in the 6.2 gasser. I've got a good buddy that's thinking about trading his for a 2020. He has a 2019 Ingot Silver Lariat Sport F-250 long bed with the 6.2 and 4.30 gears. Has 12-13k on the truck and loves it, but he's drooling over the 7.3 in a identical F-350.

Comment

Working...
                              X