McCarthy new Cowboy coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McCarthy new Cowboy coach

Just came across phone the the Cowgirls hired McCarthy. What y'all think?

They would do well to hire him.

Comment

Ill take it.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

BTG......better than Garrett

Comment

I like him, but that was too quick! I wouldn't mind seeing them interview a few more candidates...
            I hope he's not a "yes man" like JG

Comment

I think I like the hire. I don't see him as a yes-man.

Comment

that was quick...

Comment

That’s just like a different version of Jason Garrett.

Comment

Super Bowl winning Coach! And has already won in Dallas! lol.

Comment

He's a good guy, but not a good coach. He failed to lead the Packers during Rodgers prime years. With him gone, the Packers are night and day different. If you want some interesting reading, here is an article of the feud between McCarthy and Rodgers. It's a long read, but the jist is McCarthy is essentially a hands off coach, allowing individuals who need direction to flounder. Full disclosure, Rodgers is as big of a diva as you would expect a star QB to be.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-in-green-bay

Comment

Not a HR but who really is that is not currently employed?

At least he has won a Super Bowl and coached a load of playoff games..... something our other guy has not.

Anything is better than the clapper and Marvin Lewis.

Comment

Hopefully a new owner and a guy that tries to put good players on both sides of the ball will be a good change for him.

Pete Carrol floundered at New England and the New York Jets but has been highly successful at Seattle. Hopefully it the right combo for McCarthey here in the Big D.
                          Last edited by Smart; 01-06-2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Before I start, I'm not a Cowboys fan. McCarthy had some pretty **** talented teams in GB and only made it to one SB which they did win. He was pretty hated by a lot of his players toward the end too, and a lot of that had to do with Rodgers who imo is a whiny lil biatch too. I do think he will do a much better job than Garrett did, and has a better offensive mind for sure. He will elevate Dak and what he can do. I just was under the impression that the search would be a lot more intensive than what it was. I'm sure a lot when on behind the scenes of feeling out possible coaches that we don't know about, but this was quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                              Before I start, I'm not a Cowboys fan. McCarthy had some pretty **** talented teams in GB and only made it to one SB which they did win. He was pretty hated by a lot of his players toward the end too, and a lot of that had to do with Rodgers who imo is a whiny lil biatch too. I do think he will do a much better job than Garrett did, and has a better offensive mind for sure. He will elevate Dak and what he can do. I just was under the impression that the search would be a lot more intensive than what it was. I'm sure a lot when on behind the scenes of feeling out possible coaches that we don't know about, but this was quick.

Same could be said for Sean Payton and we Cowboys would kill to have him here. And I would argue that Peyton's defenses were much better than McCartheys at GB.

Hopefully his experience at GB taught him some things and being void of the Rodgers drama queen should help as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X