Electric Razor Recomendations, Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Razor Recomendations, Please

Well, seems the touch of Rocesa on my chin.....
    Has my dermatologist worried...………(not to mention,burns like #$%)
    She said, she'd hate to see such a pretty face damaged...….
    So, she's told me, to toss the blade... And go electric...……
    So, I thought, I'd come to the "land of pretty faces"...…
    To get, some expert advice...……..
    You ugly guys, need not reply...….

This is what I have, works fine for an electric razor. I have to do it daily, if I miss a day, then the next shave has to be with a razor, but I have decently fast growing and thick facial hair. Electric just can’t to seem to keep up with a couple days growth. And if I shave at 6am with electric, I have quite a bit more stubble by the evening than with a razor, but it’s not horrible. I like it, especially when I’m in a hurry, but don’t throw out the razors just because you get electric. I still shave with a razor once or twice a week as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ccolley68 View Post
      This is what I have, works fine for an electric razor. I have to do it daily, if I miss a day, then the next shave has to be with a razor, but I have decently fast growing and thick facial hair. Electric just can’t to seem to keep up with a couple days growth. And if I shave at 6am with electric, I have quite a bit more stubble by the evening than with a razor, but it’s not horrible. I like it, especially when I’m in a hurry, but don’t throw out the razors just because you get electric. I still shave with a razor once or twice a week as well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BONUS-30-...EaAgh3EALw_wcB
      That is a very nice razor. I contemplated going with that until I switched to a DE safety razor. I lather the soap up with my brush and I get a very close shave. I purchased blades online that will keep me supplied for like 2 years. I replace my blade every week too.

I usually shave 3-4 times a week.

Comment

I have used a Braun shaver for about 20 years. Already on my second one, though.
        Not "blade close", but nearly so.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
          Well, seems the touch of Rocesa on my chin.....
          Has my dermatologist worried...………(not to mention,burns like #$%)
          She said, she'd hate to see such a pretty face damaged...….
          So, she's told me, to toss the blade... And go electric...……
          So, I thought, I'd come to the "land of pretty faces"...…
          To get, some expert advice...……..
          You ugly guys, need not reply...….
          I used to use electric for years. I have use cheap Remington and the much more expensive Braun and Panasonic for foil shavers and Norelco rotary.

I think the foil shavers are the way to go for closeness and speed. The nicer Norelco shavers would get almost as close but it took about 2-3 times longer (at least).

The Braun is probably the reported “best” at least by brand name but Panasonic has just as nice or in some cases maybe better but for sometimes significantly less than the upper end Braun models.

The Remington... probably about 95% as good of results but at about 75% cheaper. The tradeoff is speed and you might get a couple of years out of it. You can get a close shave faster with a Braun or Panasonic and probably a good bit longer on lifetime of the razor.

The rotary Norelco was very smooth on my face compared to the foil shavers... but it took quite a while to get the job done.

I use a razor most of the time now but use a cheap Panasonic AA battery (travel) model and it gives a surprisingly close shave for touch up when I am in a hurry.

My question would be.... is this going to be a permanent solution?

If it is pretty much a done deal and you’re going to have to go to an electric shaver permanently, I would look at the upper end of Braun or Panasonic models.

If it was something to hold me over for a couple of months until it clears up then I might buy a $35 Remington and that will be more than enough.

The only Braun that I have left is a hair trimmer and not a shaver. It has been a while since I have use the nicer foil shavers but if I remember correctly, the Panasonic it’s a lot easier to clean the head than the Braun.

.... or order you some 7 blade Dorco razors that I can’t make cut my face or even get razor burn.

Bottom line... permanent solution? Braun or Panasonic.
          Temporary? Remington or Panasonic battery.

Stay away from slower rotary shavers unless the foil does almost as much damage as a razor.

Comment

Thanks ya'll………………………

184---- Looks like, it's gonna be a permanent thing...……….
            So, I want a good one.... So, thanks for the info... Most helpful....
            I guess my days, in the tropics, without sun screen are coming
            back to haunt me... lol...…
            I would just grow a beard.... And, I might...…...

Comment

braun series 9 razor....it's pricey but i don't think you will find one better. i've tried others but they just don't get as close.

Comment

I have a Braun 9293s and hate it. Had it a month and still use my Norelco. Braun vibrates like crazy. Also doesn’t shave all that well. I’m going to return it.

Comment

In my 60y of shaving....and buys/tries/gifts...Nothing beats blade on my face..

Comment

Any out there that can give me the Miami Vice stubble look?

Comment

I had/have a Norelco that dispensed the shaving lotion while you used it. I loved it. I need to find some replacement heads for it, but they are pretty pricey since it isn't made anymore. It did a pretty good job for me and never really had to deal with the bumps like after shaving.

Comment

I use a Braun series 7.

Comment

Thanks gents...……..
                          You've given me, a couple places to start...…….

Comment

Come back and let us know which one you use and how you like it. I need another myself.

Comment

Working...
                            X