Spin Tech wouldn't sell parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spin Tech wouldn't sell parts

I had the plastic collar break on the feeder plate of my Spin Tech mechanism. I went by their place of business to buy the little plastic part. They either don't have them or won't sell them. It's either warranty or they want to sell you a whole new unit. Why should I pay roughly $40 for a new unit when you could sell me the little plastic acme threaded part? It probably costs fifty cents to make. I'd gladly pay you $5 for one. I like and have had good luck with their product. Just ticks me off that they don't sell parts.

I'm thinking about switching to the Eliminator. Anybody have any reviews on how they hold up on road feeders? I'm thinking the dust and mud would seize those links.

Might be a business opportunity for someone with a 3D printer to make those little plastic parts.

While I don’t disagree I would bite the billet. ST has been nothing but reliable for me.

Comment

The eliminator has been working for me a lot of years !

Comment

Would be the last time i bought from them. Thats some bs.

Have had an eliminator on my road feeder for about 2 years now without any problems. Throws about 2 bags a day!

Comment

What is the part....I may have one.

Comment

I have been hunting a feeder withthe Eliminator plate for about 6-7 years with only one issue. About years ago the plate wasnt retracting correctly and I took it off, disassembled it, cleaned and lubed it and put it back in operation. I used powdered graphite lock lube and it is still going strong.

Comment

It used to not be that way.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                I had the plastic collar break on the feeder plate of my Spin Tech mechanism. I went by their place of business to buy the little plastic part. They either don't have them or won't sell them. It's either warranty or they want to sell you a whole new unit. Why should I pay roughly $40 for a new unit when you could sell me the little plastic acme threaded part? It probably costs fifty cents to make. I'd gladly pay you $5 for one. I like and have had good luck with their product. Just ticks me off that they don't sell parts.

I'm thinking about switching to the Eliminator. Anybody have any reviews on how they hold up on road feeders? I'm thinking the dust and mud would seize those links.

Might be a business opportunity for someone with a 3D printer to make those little plastic parts.

So if you run by the GM/Ford/Ram dealership do you expect them to sell you an oil pump impeller?....or do you have to buy an oil pump. As a manufacturer I can tell you we break things down to LRU’s. You don’t get to by a part that is in a LRU. You have to buy the whole thing. It doesn’t make financial sense to offer the small parts as stand alone items.

We charge $70/hr to run our 3D printer....don’t think you gonna make much money that way either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  What is the part....I may have one.
                  It's the plastic part that attaches to the spinner plate. They used to sell them as we always stocked a couple of spares at the ranch. It's not uncommon for them to break.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                    So if you run by the GM/Ford/Ram dealership do you expect them to sell you an oil pump impeller?....or do you have to buy an oil pump. As a manufacturer I can tell you we break things down to LRU’s. You don’t get to by a part that is in a LRU. You have to buy the whole thing. It doesn’t make financial sense to offer the small parts as stand alone items.

We charge $70/hr to run our 3D printer....don’t think you gonna make much money that way either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I've reached geezer status. Back in my day we made things to last longer than the warranty. And if a part broke we sold the part to fix it. That's the type of company I do business with. I bought an Eliminator system on the way home.

Comment

I never understood why they designed them w/ a plastic piece. Seems like I break one on the road feeders every dang year. Now that I know they won’t sell just the part once these go bad I’ll be switching over to the eliminator plates.

Comment

We had nothing but issues with the spin tech spinner and then the timer they put on their feeders. Put an eliminator spinner plate and a The Timer in and haven't looked back.

Gary

Comment

I guess I wouldn’t be a very good business man. I think if someone came by my shop, I’d gave the 25cent part and sent them on their way.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                            I guess I wouldn’t be a very good business man. I think if someone came by my shop, I’d gave the 25cent part and sent them on their way.
                            You'd be a great businessman with a lot of loyal customers who would recommend you to other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                              This. Call to ask if we sell parts, and the answer would be no. Take the effort to come by in person, let me go grab you one and not even charge.

Comment

Working...
                              X