Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
    I’m knocking it, its thoughtless to other guest that need to stay in a hotel. As far as one spouse even considering separation from the other with a potential deadly condition in a time of need...

Well, dats not what I signed up for as a Godly man. Its like leaving one bleeding at a car wreck or knocking a kid down to get out of a burning building.

Now if thats the kinda marriage some of y’all have, more power to ya.
    Hotel occupancy state wide is abt 20% right now. I'm sure they'd take c19+ over nothing. Will also alert them upon depature as it relates to disinfection of room.

Finally as for my house/family we are 25mi from nearest hospital. I currently 250 yards from a hospital. Probably much better place to be than home.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
      It also sounds like they are treating patients different now. Strong antibiotics and drugs to prevent clotting in the lungs. Hopefully, that will keep people out of the ICU's. I'm traveling for the next two weeks, so I guess I will see how good my immune system really is. So far it has eluded me, even in the red parts of the country. CA, GA, LA, etc.
      Bout time they start actually treating folks before they end up in the ER. Morons.

Comment

My 70 year old uncle passed away Thursday from COVID. This is some bad juju and some folks are rolling around without a care in the world for their fellow Americans. Crazy times we livin in boys.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
          My 70 year old uncle passed away Thursday from COVID. This is some bad juju and some folks are rolling around without a care in the world for their fellow Americans. Crazy times we livin in boys.
          Im sorry to hear about the passing of your Uncle. How did he contract COVID?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Bout time they start actually treating folks before they end up in the ER. Morons.
            I wish this was standard. They sent my Son home with a positive, showing all major symptoms and zero information or meds.

I quoted the wrong person, but yall get the point!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Im sorry to hear about the passing of your Uncle. How did he contract COVID?
              Well not sure really, he was a bachelor, lived alone in a retirement community. He lives in Arizona, he had spoken with my mom a week ago and mentioned he had a cold. She urged him to seek a doctor but he said he had had much worse colds in the past and thought it was nothing he couldn't whip. She called to check on him two days later but no answer. So she called the police to check on him and they found him dead in his house.

Comment

Well not sure really, he was a bachelor, lived alone in a retirement community. He lives in Arizona, he had spoken with my mom a week ago and mentioned he had a cold. She urged him to seek a doctor but he said he had had much worse colds in the past and thought it was nothing he couldn't whip. She called to check on him two days later but no answer. So she called the police to check on him and they found him dead in his house.

At what point did he find out he had Covid?

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                  Hotel occupancy state wide is abt 20% right now. I'm sure they'd take c19+ over nothing. Will also alert them upon depature as it relates to disinfection of room.

Finally as for my house/family we are 25mi from nearest hospital. I currently 250 yards from a hospital. Probably much better place to be than home.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
                  I think the way you are handling it is appropriate.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Comment

I had a coworker get it. He send this email to all of us.

I would like to sincerely thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers for me throughout the last week. In the daily calls with Jesus’ team and the daily calls I have been leading with my team since the pandemic began, we often share ideas on what more we can do every day to drive the consistent mindset and behavior we need from all of our employees and all of the people in our lives to provide the highest level of safety possible. We all know that the closer it hits to home, the more impactful it is. This is as close as it gets for me! Therefore I wanted to share the story of my COVID experience with all of you to share with all of your employees and all of the people in your lives.

Day 1/2 – Starting Tuesday June 23rd
                      The first symptom occurred Tuesday, June 23rd. A high fever, up to 102.5 F, came on rapidly that evening. The fever happened when I got out of my hot tub and I really thought I had just stayed in too long. I had no issue with cough and no issue with breathing at all. I took Tylenol and fever reduced to 100-101. I woke up the next morning with lower fever and went to the clinic for COVID test just to be safe. They did a brief exam. My fever was only in in 99s , my chest sounded fine per doctor, my throat and nose all looked good. I went home basically thinking I had spent too much time in the hot tub Tuesday evening that brought on a temporary high temp reading, but felt pretty good. They told me to quarantine until I got results, which would be 3-5 days (it turned out to be 7 days) before I received results and they were NEGATIVE! Although they told me the test they do is 99% accurate, I feel almost 100% certain I had COVID at that time but most of it must have still been in the incubation stage such that the deep nose swab did not pick up any active virus. I am confident in this assessment because 5 days later, after I had done nothing but quarantine in me bedroom, I tested POSITIVE.

Days 3-4
                      After returning from the clinic Wednesday, I quarantined in my bedroom continuously. For Thursday – Friday I didn’t really notice much change. My fever would generally range from 99.5 F – 100.3F. I was constantly taking Tylenol. I knew I wasn’t feeling good but really don’t recall having any cough or any indication in difficulty in breathing. I simply thought I had an infection somewhere that my body was fighting, but was still hopeful it was not COVID as I didn’t notice much or any cough/breathing issues. My wonderful wife, Rachel, was very much on top of it and had been studying what we should be doing. She bought an oxygen meter (the kind you clip on your finger). It came in on Friday and she began to check from oxygen levels regularly. It was running around 94 which is below the 96-99 typical range, but not a large concern until it gets to 92 and below and won’t come up even with deep breathing. BUY ONE OF THESE OXYGEN METERS TODAY. It eliminates the subjective question of “are you short of breath”. Get it now to establish what your typical baseline is and carefully monitor for any drop. It tells you how well your lungs are transferring oxygen to your blood.

Day 5
                      Saturday came and still not much different. Temp and oxygen levels still about the same.

Day 6 – When Hell Begins
                      Sunday morning I woke up feeling about the same. Rachel says she notices that I am breathing faster but honestly I don’t notice it. I feel like I can still breathe deeply OK. However……..That afternoon I took a nap and when I woke up I suddenly felt much different. Rachel checked my oxygen and it had dropped to 84! That is scary, scary level. She called one of our dear nurse friends who immediately came over all suited up to check me out. God Bless You Sharon Perry! She is an ER nurse and immediately knew I need to go to the ER. She called a doctor to reconfirm. She and Rachel lined me up quickly to go to Houston Methodist Cinco Ranch ER. It is a small ER only 5 minutes from our house. Thank God they had 2 rooms dedicated to COVID and both were still open. This ER is designed to stabilize people and then get them to the main hospital ASAP. I did barely manage to walk to our car at our house. By the time we got to the ER, I couldn’t walk any longer and they quickly got me into a wheelchair and took me to the special side door for COVID patients and put me into a negative pressure room. They immediately did a CT chest scan and confirmed I had all the strong indications of COVID pneumonia in my lungs. Keep in mind, I went from not having any breathing issue symptoms one day to not being able to walk and confirmed with COVID pneumonia the next day. That is when all sorts of thoughts hit you……There is no treatment for this. The body’s immune system has to beat this and so far it is doing a terrible job, I might be on a ventilator very soon, I may never see my wife and kids again…….The mental pain starts to be as bad as the physical impact. The doctor won’t come in the room. She only calls me on the phone. The nurse is a wonderful young man. He gives me a breathing treatment and an IV antibiotic. The breathing treatment is basically just to open the lungs as much as possible but not fighting the virus. The antibiotic helps clean up any other infection that may be affecting you, but it isn’t fighting COVID either! I tell myself, “ Immune system, it is all up to you. Let’s Geaux!” . I also start thinking of how I should have done more to have the best immune system possible. I have a wonderful doctor, Ed Lafleur, who for years has told me that I am average in immune system, but I can make it better, especially with the right diet. At this point I as wishing I had listened. They give me maximum oxygen and I sit in bed all night praying. They tell me there is no room at the hospital so I will just have to stay here until a spot comes open.

Day 7
                      They inform me at 7am that there is a room for me at the hospital and that an ambulance will come to transport me. What I came to learn is that there was not actually a regular room for me at the hospital, but that it was a room at the ER of the main hospital. That would be better because they can monitor me closer (which turned out to not be the case due to lack of staff) and have a doctor assigned. By the time the ambulance came, I was so weak I couldn’t move much at all and my mind really started racing about how soon I was headed to the ventilator and whether or not I would come off of it. Thank God that the ambulance guys were big and strong because they had to lift me by the sheets to transport bed to sled with no help from me at all. When we arrived at the hospital, we went through the side COVID ER door. As they rolled me down the hall, I observed all the people in the rooms (glass doors). It was horrible. Most looked quite limp just trying to breathe. Ironically, the oldest person I saw looked the best. She must have been in her 80’s and was still walking. Most everyone else looked like they were 30-60. They rolled me into my room in the ER. It took a couple hours, but eventually a nurse came. She gave me a breathing treatment and breathing exercise machine. I told her I would do the absolute max to give me the best chance to recover. She originally told me to do the breathing exercise on the machine 10 times once a hour. About that time, a doctor showed up at the door (but would not come in the room). I asked him what was the maximum I could do to give me the best chance. He told me to do it at every commercial on TV. I said how about I do it continuously. He said, the more the better. Therefore, I never stopped doing it for 75 hours straight until I left the hospital. It was hard, I never slept, but I was not giving up. I sincerely think that it played a huge role in my recovery. I would monitor my oxygen level on the screen. When I really worked hard on doing the exercise right, the oxygen would go up. That gave me hope and a constant, objective feedback to know how I was doing. I started in the mid 80’s and was allowed to leave the hospital 3 days later when I could maintain at least 92, but would often 94.

Sitting in the ER at the main hospital was better because at least they gave me the breathing exercise machine. However, it was terribly understaffed. I would take over two hours for anyone to come to your room when you called. When my nurse finally made it into my room one time, she was crying and told me she didn’t know when she would go home. Pray for these heroes! One reason I needed her was because I needed to pee and I didn’t have a diaper…... The things you don’t think about. They gave me an in bed urinal to use. That was quite a trick, but I figured it out. I stayed in the ER all day just breathing. They finally brought me lunch at 3pm. I hadn’t eaten anything all day. At about 7pm they told me a regular room had come available. I was just excited to know that I was not going to ICU. A very strong man (sent by my guardian angel from God’s Country, Bunkie Louisiana) came to transport me. He had a New Orleans Saints mask on so I was beginning to have hope. He lifted me out of the bed and into the wheelchair, we went up to 5th floor, and he unloaded me in a similar way. This whole time we are keeping maximum oxygen on me.

Day 8
                      A team of nurse and assistant were assigned to me. They were absolutely amazing. They literally would run in and out of the room and do exactly what they needed to do as fast it could possibly be done, strip off suits, and move the next room. They would put a breathing treatment on me and tell me it would take 15 minutes. They would tell me they don’t know when they will be back to take it off, but just keep going until they get back. Sometimes it felt like hours. At this point, I really don’t know how I am doing. I never talked to nor saw a doctor at this time. All I knew to do was never stop doing the breathing exercises and keep praying.. I would get scared at times when I could not get the oxygen level to go up know matter how hard I tried and started worrying again that I may go to the vent. I also started having vision issues. I would see wavy lines and a matrix of dots. I also hallucinated at times. My dog was in the bed with me often ��. Weird, but true. I started being concerned that my brain was lacking so much oxygen that it may be doing tricks. I just kept breathing.

Day 9
                      At this point, there were really no days, it was literally 5 minutes patterns over and over again on the exercises. I remember a particularly caring nurse from Baylor came in on the night shift. I remember having tears in my eyes because I really didn’t know how I was doing. No doctor communication. Was I getting better, worse, the same, what more can I do? I remember her telling me she would really work to try to find a time that the doctor can look at my progress. She came back later that night and told me that the doctor said that it was getting better. It was such a relief to hear that after all the work on the breathing machine and all the prayers, I finally got some feedback that I was improving. I asked her if I could try to stand up. She said she could try to do it quickly with me. I managed to stand up, very briefly, but I was happy to have a physical sign I was improving.

Day 10
                      Sometime during about an 8 hour period I really felt my army kick butt! My body was winning!!! The breathing treatments, the non stop breathing exercises, the steroids and the prayers had bought my body’s immune system the time it needed to kick COVID’s butt. However, it wasn’t without a hell of a battle that takes a told on other systems in your body. My blood pressure went as high as 170/100 at times. I had to take insulin for the first time in my life because the steroids make your blood sugar rise. This was a wake up call for me too on heart health and diabetes. Although I am generally a average 51 year old, slightly overweight, but who ran 10 miles a week, I can and should be healthier. I have high blood pressure. Fortunately it didn’t get totally out of control causing a stroke, but I certainly want to be better. I am not diabetic, but I could have better sugar levels and could be considered “pre-diabetic”. I need to do better on that too. Just for more fun, I also received blood thinning shots in my belly to reduce the chance for clots.

Now
                      Thanks to being blessed by God with Rachel, Sharon, the responsive people at Houston Methodist Cinco Ranch ER, the wonderful people at Houston Methodist West and prayers from so many, I am home and feeling much better. However, I am now more concerned than ever about how contagious this disease is, how it can dramatically affect healthy, young people in a very sneaky way, quickly. It is like no other. I have run through thousands of scenarios about how I may have acquired this virus. I will never know, but based on most likely timing of when I acquired it, I do have some suspects. Although I definitely wore a mask and the grocery story was spraying sanitizer on carts and had hand sanitizer at registers, Rachel and I did go to a busy grocery story in this time period. We did not stay long and I cannot recall having any close calls being within 6 feet of someone, but it was a fairly crowded store and we did buy produce which I also consider suspects. We should have ordered and did curb pick up as we have been doing. The only reason we went in was we were concerned they were about to run out of a product we wanted. There are no other major suspects that I could think of, but I can think of a few times being outside without masks as it was not required at that time. I have done contact tracing and everyone is fine. I will be quarantined in my bedroom until at least next Sunday.

Share with everyone. Go BEYOND all government and SLB rules. Stay home all you can. Order you groceries for pick up. Don’t go in the stores. Wear your mask every time you leave you house. Stay more than 6 feet away from people. Always have hand sanitizer on you. Use it every time you touch anything (like a gas pump or a lemon!).

I hope this story helps all of you, your employees, your family and friends stay safe. We can beat this, together.

Sincerely, God Bless.

Comment

Denim- There are case that are horrible. I hope when I contract the virus it is a mild case. The only way (in my non expert opinion) a person could go without coming in contact with the virus is- be off the grid.

Don't get anything from the store or delivered. Grow all your own vegetables, provide your own protein. Don't allow anything foreign from outside of your house. Don't leave your property and don't have anyone come on to your property for any reason.

I know I can not do this. I gotta get gas, groceries, and other essientials that I have always outsourced. Therefore I will come in contact with this virus jus as 99.9% of everyone else. Either I will get it or I have enough exposure to have built immunity.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Just did mine... It was no better the 2nd go around.... Bleh...
                          Well... People are wanting answers sooner rather than later since my test yesterday is saying 4-7 days for results, so now I’m scheduled for a 3rd testing today (rapid test). Fun.

Comment

Hope your right...mom gets tested this afternoon & told her 5 days for results. She's a stubborn one, suggested what could help & hope she listens. Was over there on Sat when she was starting to feel puny. So far so good here. Not sure what test she's gonna get.

Comment

Seems like we are all going to get it. I guess the severity will depend on which strain (mutation) of the virus you get and how healthy you are when you get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                                Seems like we are all going to get it. I guess the severity will depend on which strain (mutation) of the virus you get and how healthy you are when you get it.
                                Yep its only a matter of time before most of us get it. Think they said something like 65% will get it no matter what you do

Good thing is 99% of us will survive to continue on with our lives. Will be ****ed if im going to stop living my life stay home not work for something that i have less than a 1% chance of dying from.

Comment

Working...
                                X