Anybody bought a Tacoma lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody bought a Tacoma lately?

We are moving to the woods soon and wife is wanted to get rid of her old SUV and get a new Tacoma. She's never owned a truck (and I want a second truck ) so I want to find one before she changes her mind.

They are hard to find...like everything else. Especially if you want a particular package/color.

Are toyota dealers charging higher than MSRP like some other dealerships?

Anybody know how to search all over for available trucks without manually searching each dealership?

Thanks.

In for responses.

Comment

Just found a recent thread from last week. Ain't looking good.

Comment

I have been looking for a used one and they are crazy priced

Comment

Toyota very rarely haggled price before COVID and I imagine if you find one now it would even be harder. I was offered what I paid for it 2 years ago during my last oil change.

Comment

Keating Toyota in Manvel shows to have some, no idea how current their website is though or if the trucks are on site or in transit.

Comment

I just bought a brand new 2022 TRD Sport.
              So I got there before they opened.
              Had the salesman check what was on the rail & picked it out from there.
              I left them $5k & they called me 6 days later to come grab it.
              The truck was $52k!
              insane!!!!

Comment

ok, so a guy i know traded in a 2016, 4x4 , 4 door truck. 6 cylinder engine with 132,000 miles in January, and he got 22,000 at trade in. ( aransas pass , just north of Corpus christi). he got a silverado with 85,000 miles. v-8. after two months, he traded it in for another tacoma, 2016 with 127,000. paid just over 26,000. Thats guys wife said I was an idiot for ever trading in the old tacoma.
                My old truck is listed at 24,000 in corpus christi at a dealership on the south side of town. Carfax, is a good way to look, and they are very hard to find. they get purchased after they hit the lot...

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo Honey View Post
                  The truck was $52k!
                  insane!!!!
                  Wow. Was that MSRP? Or with their fees added on?

Comment

I know it's not a Tacoma, but the new model Nissan Frontiers are attainable.

Quick duck duck go search- I have no idea about any Nisan dealers-
                    20 in stock here-

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Wow. Was that MSRP? Or with their fees added on?
                      Out the door with the extended warranty.
                      I went to several other dealers and walked out because they wanted more than MSRP. This one honored it.
                      I love the truck. So many cool features. The app is too cool.
                      Did a level kit & taller tires. Rides great!
                      Tons of Tacoma pages on IG.
                      I saw a used 2021 with 23k miles for $52k in Austin last week.
                      It's the wild west out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo Honey View Post
                        The truck was $52k!
                        insane!!!!
                        A Tacoma????

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          We are moving to the woods soon and wife is wanted to get rid of her old SUV and get a new Tacoma. She's never owned a truck (and I want a second truck ) so I want to find one before she changes her mind.

They are hard to find...like everything else. Especially if you want a particular package/color.

Are toyota dealers charging higher than MSRP like some other dealerships?

Anybody know how to search all over for available trucks without manually searching each dealership?

Thanks.
                          Not a Tacoma but my dad just bought a 2022 4runner in Denton. They charged a $2500 transfer fee because they had to "buy" it from another dealer (otherwise it was msrp). He haggled a bit more and they gave him some additional $400 on his trade in. It still sounded like monkey business but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by fishfeeder01 View Post
                            ok, so a guy i know traded in a 2016, 4x4 , 4 door truck. 6 cylinder engine with 132,000 miles in January, and he got 22,000 at trade in. ( aransas pass , just north of Corpus christi). he got a silverado with 85,000 miles. v-8. after two months, he traded it in for another tacoma, 2016 with 127,000. paid just over 26,000. Thats guys wife said I was an idiot for ever trading in the old tacoma.
                            My old truck is listed at 24,000 in corpus christi at a dealership on the south side of town. Carfax, is a good way to look, and they are very hard to find. they get purchased after they hit the lot...

Huh?
                            So he spent $4k more for the same year truck with about 5,000 less on the clock ?

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                              X