Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 Out of battery issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 Out of battery issue

Does S&W having an issue with the M&P 2.0 pistols have an issue with firing out of battery?

Also, have they abandon Customer Service?

Just came across a deal that had me about to purchase a M&P 9mm compact (2.0) and just before I ordered I watched a video where the Commentator slammed S&W Customer service. And also said S&W is ignoring a problem with the M&P 2.0 firing out of battery.

From the internet searches I have found posts about 10mm doing this, but also people acknowledging it was reloads or ammo from no-name ammo manufactures.

Not a lot of info to tell me the firing out of battery is a real issue, but the Customer Service does concern me.

What is your experience with S&W?
    And do you have a M&P 2.0 that you're confident in?

-No experience with S&W customer service.
    -Owned a 2.0, no longer do but it had nothing to do with the pistol, I standardized some stuff and it had to go.

Food for thought....
    Find me one thing that someone, somewhere isn't bitching about on the internet.
    If you like it, buy it. Your chance of an OOB firing is probably near zero. Needing CS is probably barely higher than that.
    I have shot or been on a range for literally millions of rounds. I have seen 1 OOB firing and it wasn't an M&P

Comment

Nothing can be worse than Beretta’s customer service
      I would say if you want a Glock, buy a Glock brand Glock.

Comment

Have 2 M&P 2.0, a 9MM and .40 Cal. No problems with either ever and have never had a need for customer service either

Comment

I shot about 80 steel cased rounds through my 2.0 9 compact the other day, nary a hick-up.
          I don't recall it ever having had one either.

Probably right under 1k rounds total so far.

Funny a glock was mentioned, I watched one jam during that same short training session.
          I own one of those as well, I'm not a glock hater.

Guns are human made, none impervious to the flaws of being such.
          Last edited by DaveC; 04-27-2022, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            I shot about 80 steel cased rounds through my 2.0 9 compact the other day, nary a hick-up.

Funny a glock was mentioned, I watched one jam during that same short training session.

Glocks never jam! I read it on the internet!

Comment

Get a 2.0. It will be fine. Don't worry about ramblings of someone on the internet. They are being blown out right now to make room for the new models with the flat triggers.

Comment

I switched to M&P's for duty use and 3 gun competition since the 2.0 model was released. I've never even heard of the gun firing OOB being an issue. Have never seen it either. I know my 3 gun pistol has seen 3 cases of factory ammo and and a lot of my reloads. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one. I've only used S&W customer service once and that was for have them send me spacers after I removed the thumb safety from one of my M&P's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just won a SW Shield 9 mm. Haven't shot yet. I like the size tho

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post

Ya, I’m glad s&w designed that anti-jamming feature that makes it so much different from a Glock lol

Comment

I have a couple M&Ps and no problems yet. I gave another to my future SIL that I shot quite a bit with zero malfunctions. The only customer service issue I’ve had is when I bought the new 9mm Performance Center Shield the CT reflex sight did not fit flush on the slide. I had my dealer send it back and it returned in two or three weeks in perfect order. I was thinking about replacing my G20 with the new 10mm M&P because the M&P fits my hand better but now I’m not so sure. I might wait until next year and see if all this gets ironed out.

Comment

my m&p has a firing pin block .. pretty much blocks the FP from going forward until in full battery and trigger bar pushes it out of the way... i'd assume people having this issue may have possibly put aftermarket parts or springs in it... can't really fault the gun if you modify its original design.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Found a deal on a new in the box 9mm compact I'll be getting probably on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                          X