Nubbin bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nubbin bucks

All bucks on my place are nubbins right now. Sure need a lot more rain, not only for wildlife, but livestock and tank water too!
    Attached Files

Give them a little time, they just got through shedding.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      Give them a little time, they just got through shedding.
      I'm in no hurry for the bucks. Just need rain bad in Mills county.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
        I'm in no hurry for the bucks. Just need rain bad in Mills county.
        Always dig seeing your deer pics from your place Mark, and Lord please send these folks and the critters and the plants some decent rain.

Comment

I was in eastland county today. Even with the rain last week it looks like a desert

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
            I was in eastland county today. Even with the rain last week it looks like a desert
            Same here. Half inch doesn't last long in Mills county. Bring on the rain.

Comment

It’s the same here in ET. I know we’ve had more rain than y’all but everything is relative. We’re setting up for another droght year I’m afraid.

Comment

How would you tag those ?

That .6 “ we got last week was welcome, but these high winds and sunshine sure dries it out quick. A small rain expected Tuesday.

Easiest year to shed hunt ever. That’s not a good thing for deer and Turkey.

Comment

Looks insanely dry there, I hate to say it but a strong La NiƱa is going to last through the summer and maybe till winter!! It’s not going to be good

Comment

I hunt on the very far east side of mills and It's so dry the catfish has ticks.

Comment

Droughts don't affect me at Toledo Bend. Lots of browse out there, and deer are not used to supplemental feedings. Oak tree tap roots go very deep so acorns should be good again. Looking for another awesome year, especially since I'll be retired and can spend more time hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                        Yes, I live in Eastland county. We have not had a substantial rain in a long time. The wind keeps drying out all the little rains we’ve been getting.
                        Last edited by Graybow; 04-03-2022, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I feel your pain in Northwest San Saba County. Got .02 last night but hoping and praying for more today.

Comment

I have one with antlers and the remaining have nubs.

It's pretty dry where I hunt but the clover I planted is doing well with just enough rain every month to keep it going. Having said that, it's on borrowed time due to the heat. The landowner will likely bail it in the next week or two.

Last edited by Slick8; 04-04-2022, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Its just dang depressing in Mills County right now

Comment

Working...
                              X