Ebike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebike

Ok. So I’ve really tried diving into the regulations as best as I can about ebikes. Not sure anything I’ve read has satisfied my curiosity one way other other. That being said.

Is there a flat “no” when it comes to using ebikes in a wma or is there some wiggle room?

E-bikes are for crossbow hunters, kidding, kinda

Laguna says you can use them on their hunt brochure, I think they recently opened this up and it was with a doctors note before.

It might be a rule per WMA or refuge.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

My experience in Texas is that if it ain't listed it ain't legal. It's motorized by definition

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

@Blitz

E Bikes are permitted on many places but not all, best to call and inquire first. Keep in mind, WMAs, NWRs and USACE properties are all governed differently with their own individual rules. LANWR has permitted ebikes for 3 years now. The only place I have not been able to use ebikes was at Grapevine Lake (USACE), regardless of the several miles of mountain bike trails and thousands of cyclist biking them. The rules there define ebikes as motorized vehicles thus non-permitted, just a silly rule of theirs, kind of like killing hogs(invasive non-game species) was not permitted under their Archery Deer permit, silly.

Where ya thinking about going!?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
          @Blitz

E Bikes are permitted on many places but not all, best to call and inquire first. Keep in mind, WMAs, NWRs and USACE properties are all governed differently with their own individual rules. LANWR has permitted ebikes for 3 years now. The only place I have not been able to use ebikes was at Grapevine Lake (USACE), regardless of the several miles of mountain bike trails and thousands of cyclist biking them. The rules there define ebikes as motorized vehicles thus non-permitted, just a silly rule of theirs, kind of like killing hogs(invasive non-game species) was not permitted under their Archery Deer permit, silly.

Lil Bro, you left out USFS lands, and River Authority lands (TRA, BRA, ect).

But you gave excellent advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Lil Bro, you left out USFS lands, and River Authority lands (TRA, BRA, ect).

But you gave excellent advice.

And SPs and SNAs and more![emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
              @Blitz

We typically hunt the Bannister WMA

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                Ok. So I’ve really tried diving into the regulations as best as I can about ebikes. Not sure anything I’ve read has satisfied my curiosity one way other other. That being said.

Is there a flat “no” when it comes to using ebikes in a wma or is there some wiggle room?
                Ebikes are classified as motorized and illegal on WMA Texas, so check regs on area you want to use them on. Most states have them listed as such motorized and can't be use

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you figure? take Chap for exaple. It is WMA...WMA's are public property and DPS road rules apply. Such, no 4 wheelers. Not street legal. Ebikes and regular bikes are street legal.

Unless the WMA specifically forbids them, they are legal. in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    How do you figure? take Chap for exaple. It is WMA...WMA's are public property and DPS road rules apply. Such, no 4 wheelers. Not street legal. Ebikes and regular bikes are street legal.

He might be referring to once you get off trail. That being said, there are plenty of trails through the WMA's where vehicles can drive on. Sometimes they are gated closed but they still should be ebike eligible IMO.

Comment

I wouldn't take my bike off of a trail. Too many dang thorns.

Comment

I wouldn't take my bike off of a trail. Too many dang thorns.
                        Tannus armor works!

Comment

May have to look into that. I have 4" fat tires.

Comment

That's what I was talking about...not all WMA would allow. So check out one's you plan on attending. Information I got was from TPWD site on WMA

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Of they allow them they should also allow atv on same property. No difference

Haves vs have nots

Comment

Working...
                              X