.166 Outsert Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.166 Outsert Options

I have brought this up in the past - still looking for a stainless outsert and hoping for new alternatives. I am shooting black eagle deep impact arrows and still using the older 68-grain stainless outsert system. It was simple and effective. The new 100-grain FOCUS outsert system is too long at 2" and heavy.

I am specifically looking at an outsert setup. Half out do not offer the same arrow protection.

I have looked at the Ethics setup and it is too heavy with its lightest configuration at 90 grains.

I have looked at the valkyrie system and I don't want to be stuck using their proprietary broadheads and field points.

I have also looked at Iron Will and their .166 system requires Deep Six broadheads.

I'm not much help as I have some Deep Impacts set up with Iron Will system. I use mine mainly for elk/muley hunting where I could be shooting longer distances. The Iron Will system lends itself for being more accurate. I'll probably have these for next to ever so I just bought some deep six heads.

I have some Day 6 arrows setup for Texas hunting. Their arrows almost identical to Deep Impacts so you might see if their insert/outsert system will work... I would think they would.

Comment

Iron will also has the Snyder core system if you want to run their heads. Firenock has a slick new system called the stalker insert but it also requires using their FP and broadheads.. most everything else is about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So far I'm liking the VAP Shok TL system. Its not great, but you get the concentricity of a post with the front of the outsert acting like a footer since it sits over the end of the shaft.

Only problem you'll run into with theirs is that 50gr is the lightest, and victory makes them spine specific so you'd have to find a shop with all the different sizes unless you know the exact OD of your arrows.

If you did that, you could cross reference them with victory's chart here https://www.victoryarchery.com/components/ and something similar to white water's arrow wrap chart https://whitewaterarchery.com/arrow-wrap-sizing-chart/.

I don't know what spine you're shooting or I'd look it up. All of the outsert designs are expensive and to be honest, I still feel like all of them have the chance of bending, but my vaps have held up reasonably well, and are MILES above what the old design was. The old design would bend in just about any bag target. Just depends on how much you wanna spend on them.

I don't recommend the new easton 4mm outserts either, the lip doesnt extend far enough over the shaft to act like a footer, and the titanium dont extend over the shaft at all.

If it helps, Gateway used to have several batches of the vap outserts that were open so you might be able to try dry fitting one to see if it would even work before you waste any money on them!

Comment

Working...
        X