Job Opportunities: Willis, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Opportunities: Willis, TX

My cousin posted this today and thought I'd share in case someone is looking and has the qualifications:

The engineering firm I work for needs 3-4 new hires, BUT we are a specific niche in the civil world. We need 2 or 3 Licensed Professional Engineers who specialize in Water Resources, Municipal, and/or Land Development. If we find these, we will likely need 1-2 drafter/designers experienced in the same field.

I am having HUGE problems finding those people! I have 4 recruiters working, Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and LinkedIn ads going. ANYONE out there have any other ideas to locate these professionals that I'm missing? I'm getting desperate - I don't know where else to look!

We have great benefits, a relaxed culture, competitive pay, and don't have to fight Houston traffic. PLEASE send me ideas I may not have tried - or if you know anyone in this business, see if they want to join us!

Email your resume or questions to Holly:

holly@spetexas.com

Good luck to her.

I am currently looking as well and it is tough to find good people now

Comment

Train licensed geo's?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Email your resume or questions to Holly:

holly@spetexas.com

Comment

My GF is licensed Civil Engineer from Colombia but having trouble finding someone to sponsor her citizenship (wrong term?). Currently on student visa but just graduated. Once she gets her foot in the door, I'm convinced employers will absolutely love her and have no issue doing so. Hardest working person i know...

She's got tons of drafting experience (though grossly overqualified) and LEED certified. She is about to start OPT program (1 year work permit) after graduation/student visa expires. Think your cousin would be interested in hearing from her?

EDIT: Oh shoot. Saw Chew's name and ASSumed this was in HTX. We're in League city. What is SPE Texas? "Shirley" not society of petroleum engineers.
          Last edited by BlackHogDown; 05-25-2022, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Comment

Just so happens, my only nephew went back to TCU last fall for his second Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. He's already got a bachelor's in finance with high honors. He's got a PT job now with someone who does underground inspections, as well as above ground. And various land stuff. It's gonna be a little while before he's done. Just a thought for future reference.

Comment

Working...
              X