Question about tractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about tractors

Looking to buy a tractor. There are so many options that my head is spinning. Currently looking at Kubota L series and Deere 3 series. Want to buy a package deal with shredder, loader, box blade and preferably a trailer.

Info about use. We have 44 acres, about 22 will be mowed. Need bucket for light duty (moving dirt, rock, etc.). Would potentially need to move round bales of hay. Would like to be able to use rear tiller.

Here is what I would like:

HST so wife can drive easily
    4wd
    Quick detach
    33 hp minimum
    American made

Local dealers are Kubota, Deere, Mahindra, LS, New Holland, Kioti, Yanmar and Branson

What other recommendations would you make?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by crash8005; 05-24-2022, 01:31 PM.

Available local service is a must but I'd be looking for a different color. You pay a lot for orange or green.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Available local service is a must but I'd be looking for a different color. You pay a lot for orange or green.
      Local dealers are Kubota, Deere, Mahindra, LS, New Holland, Kioti, Yanmar and Branson

Last edited by crash8005; 05-24-2022, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Don’t think American made exists in that size

Comment

Take a look at Ls. My daughter bought one in Seguin with fel, shredder, box blade, rock rake, and backhoe attachment. About 10 grand less than a Kubota package. 6 years warranty. 3 years in and no issues. Just last week I was pushing over 4-5" mesquites.

Comment

Definitely check out the mahindra.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              Don’t think American made exists in that size
              Kubota ar made in Georgia in that size. Deere are made in US with a Yanmar engine. Haven't looked into origin for the others.

Comment

If you are mowing that much routinely, I would go way bigger and get a batwing mower. It would take you a couple of days to mow 22 acres with a 6' shredder.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                  If you are mowing that much routinely, I would go way bigger and get a batwing mower. It would take you a couple of days to mow 22 acres with a 6' shredder.
                  I should have been more clear. Won't mow all of the 22 acres regularly or else I agree, bat wing is way to go.

Comment

my buddy has a hydro stat kubota i have a geared JD .

hydro for mowing ... gears for everything else .. just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                      my buddy has a hydro stat kubota i have a geared JD .

hydro for mowing ... gears for everything else .. just my opinion
                      What makes you say that? Assuming more torque when using loader?

Comment

Lots of things can come into play with that size of property. I mostly look at JD and Case. Mowing 22 acres can be a real hassle with a small tractor if you let it get out of hand just once. Mowing 22 acres almost requires at least a 10ft shredder unless you plan on mowing a few acres every day until its done. But thats a lot of mowing. With the power reverser tech there's no reason anyone couldn't drive a tractor easily, I wouldn't make HST a deal breaker.

I just feel like that 3 series is gonna be a big regret with so much mowing.

A 3 series isn't going to lift big round bales safely, unless maybe on the rear but that would still be sketchy. A larger 4 series would be better but I believe you could get a 5 series for cheaper and it'll be a bigger frame tractor that will handle way more. Now if you have tight spots to get into that 5 series is gonna be a bit of a pain compared to the 3 series.

Comment

^^^ I agree on the JD 3 series frame & lift capacity might be a stretch with round bales

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            I wouldn’t - you get what you pay for! I do agree on local service though!

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post

Look for what is for sale on Craigslist late models - those are the colors you want stay away from ! Lotsa reds for sale !

Comment

Working...
                              X