Wind Turbine Farm - Fannin Co Landowners / Residents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
    I kinda liked Texas back in the 80’s/90’s, before all this recent “prosperity” and extra 10-15 million people. Folks (and business) are “loving” it to death...

“....call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye....”
    Truth

Comment

Nm
      Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2022, 08:43 PM. Reason: None

Comment

ok, i'll chime in . my neighbor put 6 windmills up this year, they got turned up a few months ago ... the closest from me is 124 yards from my fence line right across from my hunting blind ... it's south of my cabin around 550 yards . they sound almost identical to a jumbo jet flying over 30k feet. except it never stops ... the next one is north of me about 750 yards and when the wind is blowing out of the north, you can hear it too ... we went to city meetings and did all we could to stop them , but they did it anyways. i don't use that blind any more , so i don't know if it messed up the hunting spot ... my other spots seem ok. my neighbor told me she expects $2k per windmill per month. she thinks they are a work of art , beautiful and majestic. everyone around now hates her. i think there are 69 of them total , mostly north of us. like them or not , money talks and people cave when they think they are being put up regardless ... the guy north of me gave them easement ... without it , they couldn't bring the equipment in .. but they had already started the dozing so he thought it was a done deal anyways ... it wasn't ... but he had 2 more west of him anyways so he'll be looking at them anyways ... so he decided to get paid. these people are sneaky , they will lie... and then when they are built , they sell off to someone else ... the company now is not the same as the ones who put them up , they already changed hands ... in less than a year. Now the word is areas who have them experience droughts as the windmill mix the air , and it no longer rains around them ... don't know how true that is , only time will tell .
        Attached Files

Comment

That sucks!!!

Comment

Turbines causing droughts…. Yea that’s not how that works….

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
              Yep. Landowners are basically begging to have turbines put on their land. Farmers can have a bad year of crops but that wind or solar check comes in like clockwork.
              Don’t forget crop land and range land are also still multi-use with wind.

Land owner rights are land owner rights

Not a bad deal for farmers if the reclaimation bond is done right. A farmer can’t even match wind w/280 acre bushel Corn
              Last edited by Texans42; 05-23-2022, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                Great! Then you won't object to the strip club I'm opening up next door to your house or the lead smelter I'm building next door to your kid's elementary school.

Local residents of other states have stopped wind projects with zoning and other land use agreements and we should do the same here in Texas.
                Strip club, I’ll take one on the left and right of my house, lead smelter, they’re going to buy some expensive land in my zip code, and I don’t even know what a lead smelter is.

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                I’m not saying the government should step in further, in fact the opposite. If they stop subsidizing this stuff and the companies were then required to be profitable, they wouldn’t be leasing up wind rights in area where it doesn’t make financial sense. That’s the case here.

I’m also not “so worried” about wildlife impact but it should be a consideration - namely migratory fowl.

As far as private property goes, it’s hard to compare this to anything else because it is such an impact to the open sky. You go from an area that is beautiful country and turn it into a massive power plant. 80,000 acre power plant with 80 story buildings as far as the eye can see that is only profitable because our government (ie The People) pay to make up the substantial losses.
                I’m 100% with you. I hate them. I have the option of leasing the land before they do, I can’t afford it. It if I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, you have many left leaning posts in the past. Elections and acceptance of left wing policies have consequences. Unfortunately, for you and most of the country, renewable energy before it is actually profitable on its own is one of those consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by MontagueMech View Post
                  Think there’s one near Muenster but I don’t have any contact info.
                  Doesn't look like it's worked very well .

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                    I’m not saying the government should step in further, in fact the opposite. If they stop subsidizing this stuff and the companies were then required to be profitable, they wouldn’t be leasing up wind rights in area where it doesn’t make financial sense. That’s the case here.

I’m also not “so worried” about wildlife impact but it should be a consideration - namely migratory fowl.

As far as private property goes, it’s hard to compare this to anything else because it is such an impact to the open sky. You go from an area that is beautiful country and turn it into a massive power plant. 80,000 acre power plant with 80 story buildings as far as the eye can see that is only profitable because our government (ie The People) pay to make up the substantial losses.

So mega barns, condos, high rises, or off shore oil platforms are ok but not turbines.

I get it’s a massive foot print in comparison to oil and gas but it’s still property rights regardless of subsidies.

In all honesty it’s probably the best tool currently against fragmentation of larger ranches.

I as long as the reclaimation bond is good, I don’t see an issue with them from a landowner perspective. It’s probably the best preservation tool
                    Out there. CRP, Crop, Hunting, Range, etc nothing in the surface touches it’s financially

Comment

I hate wind farms.My property is between Junction/Menard There is a wind farm 35 miles away in Concho county. I can’t see the wind farm with my naked eye in the day time. But I can see the red blinking lights at night. My property has one of the highest points in Kimble county so you can only see the wind farm in a very specific location on my ranch.

I’m 100% a Nimb (Not in my backyard)

Comment

Originally posted by Laner7 View Post
                        The owner of Cielo wind bought the property next to ours. Built some wind turbines on his, us & other neighbors.. just had a big solar project done on his place as well. You won’t see really any affect on wildlife.. at least in my case I haven’t. It is an eye soar though. If you wanna know better details pm me lol
                        Solar project no affect on wildlife ?
                        They plan on clear cutting 2,000 acres near us
                        Still be good for . . . . Nothing

Comment

[QUOTE=Texans42;16231557]Don’t forget crop land and range land are also still multi-use with wind.

You would allow them to wind farm your ranch?

Comment

[quote=Big pig;16233444]
                            Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                            Don’t forget crop land and range land are also still multi-use with wind.

You would allow them to wind farm your ranch?
                            Absolutely, I signed a lease for few of them. Hasnt come to fruition because TX pulled out. With that said there is nothing legally I can farm and make same money. In my area they would even out pay natural gas royalties. Irrigated corn, alfalfa, barley, wheat, cotton or beans can’t even gross same amount per acre. Obama killed the pivot corner CRP programs, so from a diversification stand point I’d be stupid not to put some in my pivot corners

I understand the recreational land owners distaste, my best friend ranch neighbor was first one to get the them in McCulloch. With Wind turbines across the fence He sold that ranch and still almost tripled his money . Private property rights are just that. At one point do you restrict your neighbor? When you are tired of dust from his plowing? His ag barns? His pre-conditioning lot? His calves balling all night, giant tractors and implements in front yard, Etc

Are wind turbines a scam, yes at Pres. Trumps energy cost level, current levels it’s debatable. Regardless it’s a diversity program that greatly offsets Mother Nature, and as long as the reclaimation bond is set adequately you don’t have much risk.
                            Last edited by Texans42; 05-25-2022, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                              Solar project no affect on wildlife ?
                              They plan on clear cutting 2,000 acres near us
                              Still be good for . . . . Nothing
                              My lease in concho has 2500 acres next door in solar. It’s high fence essentially and all livable habitat gone. It’s sad, but it’s high fenced so it’s no effecting wildlife any more then displacement and cross over area carry capacity

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                                My lease in concho has 2500 acres next door in solar. It’s high fence essentially and all livable habitat gone. It’s sad, but it’s high fenced so it’s no effecting wildlife any more then displacement and cross over area carry capacity
                                Agreed. But all birds and small game are affected. “Wildlife”.
                                Especially on that 2,500!

Comment

Working...
                                X