Wind Turbine Farm - Fannin Co Landowners / Residents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
    From what I’ve heard the payment is 5000 per turbine per year. Not worth it to me.

Anyone know if you lose ag exemption once you install these?

I don’t know specifics on that area, but I know one that went in in the last 2 years that pays $30k per.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I don’t know specifics on that area, but I know one that went in in the last 2 years that pays $30k per.

5k here probably due to little wind potential? 30k would be tempting lol

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
        Good luck. I can see at least 70 wind turbines from my front porch. The closest is about 1/2 mile away. No telling what it did to the value of my land. I bet the tax office says it doesn't effect the value.
        The tax office will just have another reason to tax you, for the new additional beautiful view you have

Comment

Hard for most folks to turn down the money. Especially for solar. You can take the money and buy a new place and have a lot left over. A lot of the iconic ranches have leased for the projects so they can hold onto their property for another few generations and improve cash flow. King, Kennedy, OConnor etc. Just like oil wells. No one wants one on their place until they see that check then ya kind a get over it. What sucks is when you get them next door , gotta deal with the noise and ugliness, but don’t get the coin.

Comment

5k here probably due to little wind potential? 30k would be tempting lol
            30k per what? Unless it’s 30k a day it’s not worth it by the time you split the cash up and pay taxes

Comment

They put in a shot ton of windmills up around my hometown in NW IA a shot ton. Spoke with a guy who has some on his property. He gets $10k/year windmill

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                Let me start by saying I believe the turbines are unsightly and a waste of money, but I’m going to go against the grain here. What gives you or anyone else the right to tell other land owners who they can lease too? Obviously the land is for lease, instead petitioning for your neighbors to not be able to lease their land have you and the other signees offered a better price for the lease? I’m just not a fan of anyone else being able to tell someone else what they can and cannot do on their property.
                Thank you. Totally agree. It’s funny how people don’t want the government telling them what they can or can’t do on their property until their neighbor does something they don’t like. Then they want to go and try and get it blocked. And if we’re so worried about the impact of turbines on wildlife I think we should also be lobbying to outlaw high fences which have a way bigger impact.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Not a fan of wind myself and the issue for me is the impact it has on your next door neighbors land and if I wanted to look at an industrial site I would of bought property in Downtown Dallas. I was approached by the wind barons for a lease and for me it was a HARD NO.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                    Thank you. Totally agree. It’s funny how people don’t want the government telling them what they can or can’t do on their property until their neighbor does something they don’t like. Then they want to go and try and get it blocked. And if we’re so worried about the impact of turbines on wildlife I think we should also be lobbying to outlaw high fences which have a way bigger impact.
                    I’m not saying the government should step in further, in fact the opposite. If they stop subsidizing this stuff and the companies were then required to be profitable, they wouldn’t be leasing up wind rights in area where it doesn’t make financial sense. That’s the case here.

I’m also not “so worried” about wildlife impact but it should be a consideration - namely migratory fowl.

As far as private property goes, it’s hard to compare this to anything else because it is such an impact to the open sky. You go from an area that is beautiful country and turn it into a massive power plant. 80,000 acre power plant with 80 story buildings as far as the eye can see that is only profitable because our government (ie The People) pay to make up the substantial losses.

Comment

I chose the view over wind for me and my adjacent neighbors and pray every day those around me do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by MossyRockRanch View Post

I chose the view over wind for me and my adjacent neighbors and pray every day those around me do the same.

You are a Lucky Man! I got a greedy neighbor who ruined it for us.

Comment

Map of the average wind speed in the US.

Click image for larger version

Name:	169CDDA3-1838-4C9B-82E7-B764595E7DBA.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	24685474
                          Pretty much anything in the slightly darker blues “works” economically with current credits. The line is moving eastward towards the population centers particularly where there is high voltage transmission nearby. I am not a fan of windmills but had to deal with a lot of attempts by developers around our place in Comanche. Solar works pretty much everywhere in Tx.

Comment

"The site will generate 400 megawatts of alternating current, enough to power 80,000 homes, according to its website."

Until the sun goes down. Right after people settle down for the evening and plug in their electric vehicles.

Comment

I’m not saying the government should step in further, in fact the opposite. If they stop subsidizing this stuff and the companies were then required to be profitable, they wouldn’t be leasing up wind rights in area where it doesn’t make financial sense. That’s the case here.

I’m also not “so worried” about wildlife impact but it should be a consideration - namely migratory fowl.

As far as private property goes, it’s hard to compare this to anything else because it is such an impact to the open sky. You go from an area that is beautiful country and turn it into a massive power plant. 80,000 acre power plant with 80 story buildings as far as the eye can see that is only profitable because our government (ie The People) pay to make up the substantial losses.

I'm with you, Kevin, on getting the govt. out of it. If this endeavor was so good, the private investors/companies would be all over it.

Comment

I kinda liked Texas back in the 80’s/90’s, before all this recent “prosperity” and extra 10-15 million people. Folks (and business) are “loving” it to death...

“....call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye....”

Comment

Working...
                                X