X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    tweeter won't open on my work computer!

Why would you carry with nothing in chamber. Doesnt make sense
    4 children who crawl all over me and present a greater threat than some bad dude. I dont want to be a greater threat to my children than some bad dude.
    Whereas bad dudes exist so I carry pocket pistols.
    Im trying to get more comfortable with the S&W Featherweight in my pocket than a DB9mm. The imprint and weight is very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
      If you really want to stir the pot just mention that if you never practice drawing your carry gun while wearing various types of clothing you aren’t likely to do it perfectly if you actually need too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Or start a red dot vs irons on a carry gun thread...

Comment

I would worry more about inducing a FTF malfunction or short stroking the slide and not picking up a round. Stress does funny things.

I do a lot of induced malfunction training on a timer. Trying to beat the timer clearing malfunction can bring up some interesting training issues.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
          You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about. You know what the average hit rate is for most gun fights? With only 4-5 rds your more likely to not get any hits at all than you are to actually hit them. That's why I like to have as much ammo in my weapon of choice as I possible can and keep an extra mag in my back pocket to go with it.

Not being judgemental but if you are going into a gun fight unchambered and a round short you are setting yourself up for a ride in ambulance. Still better than nothing but it is not ideal.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
          Not to mention the effectiveness of a pistol. 1 shot stops hardly ever occur. Many times perps (especially on drugs) take 5+ rounds without slowing down immediately. That doesn’t take into account multiple assailants, which is becoming more and more common in these crazy times.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
            You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about. You know what the average hit rate is for most gun fights? With only 4-5 rds your more likely to not get any hits at all than you are to actually hit them. That's why I like to have as much ammo in my weapon of choice as I possible can and keep an extra mag in my back pocket to go with it.

Not being judgemental but if you are going into a gun fight unchambered and a round short you are setting yourself up for a ride in ambulance. Still better than nothing but it is not ideal.

been in a lot of gunfights, have ya?

Comment

Combat vet here as well. I've seen professionals have accidental discharges. I carry, 50/50 one in the chamber. With kids and different types of weapons, it's hard to say your sorry after an accidental discharge.

Comment

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
                Combat vet here as well. I've seen professionals have accidental discharges. I carry, 50/50 one in the chamber. With kids and different types of weapons, it's hard to say your sorry after an accidental discharge.

What is an “accidental” discharge?

Can’t say I’ve ever had one of those.

I have however had negligent discharge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                  You don’t have to get in a gunfight to know that. There are videos and training aids by the thousands you can see and practice that show he’s right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    What is an “accidental” discharge?

Can’t say I’ve ever had one of those.

I have however had negligent discharge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Agreed. Accidental discharges don’t exist.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                      0 and with good situational awareness I plan to keep it that way if I can. But I am confident enough in my abilities to know I won't be negligently shooting myself or others with a pistol on my person. But smart enough to know when the excrement hits the fan I want more rounds over less because adrenaline is a helluva drug. I am a pretty decent shot practice regularly enough to be more proficient than most but I know realistically it is gonna take probably 15+ rds to do what needs done in a bad enough scenario.

But like I say you do you but I am gonna think it is dumb and definitely not what I would do and I am never going to suggest to do it. We all have our reason for doing things but don't get butt hurt when it is pointed out your way is not the smartest.

Hell I carry a little pocket rocket 380 most days which is far from ideal but it is better than nothing as they say. But I still carry cocked locked and ready to rock with usually 2 extra mags to go with it. But I am well aware it is far from perfect but it is what I am willing to do and when some ones says I should carry something bigger I tell them I probably should but I don't like it so this will have to do.

Comment

This has been posted on another thread but it is relevant to the discussion here… this is a typical example of when it is nice to have one in the pipe

Some wild footage captured by a gun store security camera in Paraguay, shows two robbers getting outgunned in a close quarters gunfight by a store owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                          You don’t have to get in a gunfight to know that. There are videos and training aids by the thousands you can see and practice that show he’s right.
                          Not to mention published data.

Funny thing. There are tons of dudes who have never been in a gun fight who learn from mistakes of dudes who have been in gun fights. It’s this interesting concept called “teaching” and “learning”

Comment

For those who carry & don't keep a round in the chamber

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            Not to mention published data.

Funny thing. There are tons of dudes who have never been in a gun fight who learn from mistakes of dudes who have been in gun fights. It’s this interesting concept called “teaching” and “learning”

Crazy concept, isn’t it?? [emoji3]

Comment

I never understood people feel comfortable carry a fully loaded revolver…but not a fully loaded pistol????? Neither will go bang until you pull the trigger! To each his own I guess.

Comment

if you're so paranoid that you won't carry with one in the chamber, maybe you should offset your chances by wearing body armor . pretty sure the perp will be locked and loaded and will have the opportunity at first strike. situation awareness is probably just as important. most democrat would love to mandate you to lock your weapon unloaded in your own home and keep your ammo separated so it's safer .... 1 second , 10 seconds , 30 seconds ... what's acceptable to avoid accidents are personal decisions .. i like 0 seconds. but i'm gonna respect your decision if you decide you prefer 1,10, or even 30! Just don't try to make my decisions for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X