2021 Duramax/Allison Good to Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Duramax/Allison Good to Go?

Any 2020 or 2021 Duramax owners on here? How do you like the truck?

I'm wanting to trade my 2019 1500 Trail Boss for a new diesel. Looking at a 2021 sierra AT4. I read that some people had problems early on with the 10 speed "Allison." Have those been cleared up? Are there any other known issues with this truck?

Please advise.

I have a 2020 denali Duramax, I do like it. I switch back from GM to ford and the new denali is a nice rig. My only complaint is the seats are hard as a rock. The rest is good to go. No issues with my 10 speed yet, but it is not deleted and tuned.

Comment

2020 denali dually love it!

Comment

My brother in law just switched from a 2019 King Ranch 6.7 to a 2021 GMC SLT and he likes the truck a lot. Pulls a 37’ bumper pull, and likes the way it handles it.

Comment

I don't plan to delete it or hot rod it. Just want more capability than my 1500 for towing my camper, hauling a pallet of corn, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            My brother in law just switched from a 2019 King Ranch 6.7 to a 2021 GMC SLT and he likes the truck a lot. Pulls a 37’ bumper pull, and likes the way it handles it.
            Did he get the 2500 or 3500? Long or short bed? I'm steering towards the short bed 2500 for towing my bumper pull. I know a 3500 long bed would sway the least but as my daily driver in the city that seems like too much.

Comment

Apparently all the issues with the new 10 speeds have been taken care of. Also just FYI the GM transmission and the Ford transmission are the exact same besides the bellhousing and torque converter. GM just brands it as an Allison.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                Did he get the 2500 or 3500? Long or short bed? I'm steering towards the short bed 2500 for towing my bumper pull. I know a 3500 long bed would sway the least but as my daily driver in the city that seems like too much.
                Both trucks were short bed 3/4 ton diesels. I know he’d rather have the long bed for towing that long of a bumper pull, but doesn’t want to deal with driving it daily.

If you pulled that trailer with a half ton then you’ll be extremely happier with a 2500 diesel short bed. The truck weight alone will make worlds of difference.

Comment

I did exactly what you are doing end of last year. Traded a 2019 Trail Boss for a 2021 GMC Duramax AT4 2500.....best decision i've ever made regarding vehicles. Absolutely love the truck.

Comment

Got a 2020 Chevy 3500 SRW Long Bed 4wd last August.

Have put 48,000 miles on it pulling trailers almost every day.

Love the truck and haven’t had any problems so far.

Comment

We have a 2021 at4. It’s awesome

Comment

Love my 2020 At4

Comment

Follow up. I’ve been driving a 2022 Duramax 2500 Denali for a few months and it’s awesome. No complaints. Pulls my 7000lb camper like it’s not there, hauls a pallet of feed easily, etc. Good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                            Follow up. I’ve been driving a 2022 Duramax 2500 Denali for a few months and it’s awesome. No complaints. Pulls my 7000lb camper like it’s not there, hauls a pallet of feed easily, etc. Good to go.
                            I had a 22 superduty on order then it got pushed further out, so I canceled it. Found a 21 duramax Carhartt edition on the local lot with 4400 miles on it. I’ve had it a month now, and I absolutely love it.

Comment

Wait 1 more year the new 2500/3500 will be out. The L5P will also have a HP upgrade

Comment

Working...
                              X