Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2022, 11:03 AM   #1
Rotney
Pope & Young
 
Rotney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Snook TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default Itís on-Nathanís Hot Dog eating contest

Letís go Joey
Rotney is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 11:41 AM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Id like 3-4 here at work
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 11:48 AM   #3
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Adam Moran!
oktx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 12:05 PM   #4
Rotney
Pope & Young
 
Rotney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Snook TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Only 63, lol, about 60 more than I could do.
Rotney is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 02:42 PM   #5
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor
 
Cajun Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SW Louisiana
Hunt In: public & pvt land
Default

The live competition was taped delayed and broadcast an hour later. Most people never saw the multiple protesters that interrupted the competition. Joey shows up on 1 leg, and choked that idiot out

twitter videos .. https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...is-still-alive
Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 02:50 PM   #6
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

Thatís funny! I watched it but they didnít show any of that stuff!! Beat somebody down and still eat 63 dogs on one leg!! Awesome!!

Last edited by Slew; 07-04-2022 at 02:53 PM.
Slew is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 03:33 PM   #7
BayouCat
Eight Point
 
BayouCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Gulf Coast
Hunt In: Gulf Coast
Default

That's hilarious!
BayouCat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 03:37 PM   #8
Big Lee
Ten Point
 
Big Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TX
Hunt In: Central Texas
Default

Not all heros wear capes!
Big Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 04:27 PM   #9
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Looked like he broke that Peta dudes neck.

Edit.... not Peta this time, some other idiots

Last edited by GarGuy; 07-04-2022 at 04:34 PM.
GarGuy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 04:53 PM   #10
bobby314
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Humble, TX
Default

That's awesome!!
bobby314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 06:13 PM   #11
32drawlength
Pope & Young
 
32drawlength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Frisco DFW
Hunt In: Gordon TX, Colorado, Browning TX
Default

Surely the protestorís trachea is hurtingÖprobably will file assault charges
32drawlength is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 06:56 PM   #12
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Geaux Joey! Always look forward to watching him on July 4th.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 07:22 PM   #13
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

I just cooked some Nathanís hotdogs. I tapped out at two.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 07:38 PM   #14
∆theling
Pope & Young
 
∆theling's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default Itís on-Nathanís Hot Dog eating contest

Im a big fan of Nathanís but recently I discovered these and they are amazing. Good size also.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
∆theling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2022, 07:40 PM   #15
Bruiser
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austin, Tx
Default

they were protesting the chinese owning smithfield foods, who makes Nathans hot dogs. know who sells you your food.
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 01:38 AM   #16
tvc184
Pope & Young
 
tvc184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Golden Triangle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆theling View Post
Im a big fan of Nathanís but recently I discovered these and they are amazing. Good size also.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I am in my snob hotdog eating mood, I sometimes eat Sabrettís out of NY (New York city??) or Chicagoís Vienna Beef.

I might hit some of these up tomorrow and see how they do. Strangely enough, I ate a case (not at one sitting) of Samís all beef dogs that were very close to NathanĎs, Sabrettís, Vienna Beef, etc. I donít know who made their hotdogs back and Iím sure that Walmart/Samís doesnít own a hotdog factory and contracts it out. It has been about 4-5 years so I donít know if they are still any good but sometimes a storebrand might be right up there with the big boys. Samís regular dogs were along the line of Oscar Mayer.

I see a trip to HEB tomorrowÖ..

On another tidbit, I love Chicago style dogs. NY sauerkraut with mustard and onion sauce is good but the traditional Chicago is right up there.

Bun, yellow mustard, sliced tomatoes, slice of (I use kosher style) pickle, sweet relish, finely chopped onions, two sport peppers and celery salt.

I guess today I will be trying a Texas Chicago dog.
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 01:39 AM   #17
tvc184
Pope & Young
 
tvc184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Golden Triangle
Default




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 06:58 AM   #18
dpg481
Ten Point
 
dpg481's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rains County
Hunt In: My back yard.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
they were protesting the chinese owning smithfield foods, who makes Nathans hot dogs. know who sells you your food.
I am also protesting Smithfield foods. I attempted to griddle some "thick cut" bacon they sell yesterday an it was a flat out mess. The slices were paper thin and basically a flattened out bag of ends and pieces.
dpg481 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 09:30 AM   #19
Killer
Pope & Young
 
Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Powderly, TX
Hunt In: God's green earth
Default

Greatness
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 12:23 PM   #20
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young
 
Geezy Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Weatherford, Tx.
Hunt In: Wise Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
Looked like he broke that Peta dudes neck.

Edit.... not Peta this time, some other idiots
I watched it several times and I swear I heard something snap just when he twisted.
Geezy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 01:26 PM   #21
∆theling
Pope & Young
 
∆theling's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvc184 View Post
When I am in my snob hotdog eating mood, I sometimes eat Sabrettís out of NY (New York city??) or Chicagoís Vienna Beef.

I might hit some of these up tomorrow and see how they do. Strangely enough, I ate a case (not at one sitting) of Samís all beef dogs that were very close to NathanĎs, Sabrettís, Vienna Beef, etc. I donít know who made their hotdogs back and Iím sure that Walmart/Samís doesnít own a hotdog factory and contracts it out. It has been about 4-5 years so I donít know if they are still any good but sometimes a storebrand might be right up there with the big boys. Samís regular dogs were along the line of Oscar Mayer.

I see a trip to HEB tomorrowÖ..

On another tidbit, I love Chicago style dogs. NY sauerkraut with mustard and onion sauce is good but the traditional Chicago is right up there.

Bun, yellow mustard, sliced tomatoes, slice of (I use kosher style) pickle, sweet relish, finely chopped onions, two sport peppers and celery salt.

I guess today I will be trying a Texas Chicago dog.

Chicago dogs are pretty good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
∆theling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 05:45 PM   #22
lmartin5
Ten Point
 
lmartin5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Callahan County, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado
Default

I have a lot of respect for competitive eatersÖtaking in that amount of food cannot be good for your health, long-term.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmartin5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 06:05 PM   #23
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezy Rider View Post
I watched it several times and I swear I heard something snap just when he twisted.
Man I know. He made quick work. The dude was out and he didn't choke him long enough to choke him out. Funny stuff!

Last edited by GarGuy; 07-05-2022 at 06:28 PM.
GarGuy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 08:36 PM   #24
∆theling
Pope & Young
 
∆theling's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin5 View Post
I have a lot of respect for competitive eatersÖtaking in that amount of food cannot be good for your health, long-term.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original ďMan vs FoodĒ guy quit over it. Saw an interview with him where he talked about all the health issues it causes. I canít imagine the hemorrhoids those dudes must get and the gastro intestinal disorders. Those dudes have probably been turned completely inside out down there. Ouch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
∆theling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 08:42 PM   #25
LAW
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Salado
Hunt In: Salado,Junction,Mullin
Default

Joey Chestnut for President 2024
LAW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 08:46 PM   #26
diamond10x
Ten Point
 
diamond10x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AK
Hunt In: AK & TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆theling View Post
The original ďMan vs FoodĒ guy quit over it. Saw an interview with him where he talked about all the health issues it causes. I canít imagine the hemorrhoids those dudes must get and the gastro intestinal disorders. Those dudes have probably been turned completely inside out down there. Ouch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I always wondered what happened to Adam, I like the new guy Casey as well, just enjoyed Adam as a host more. Iím not surprised as Iíve heard Guy Fieri say the same thing about doing shoots for his diners, dives, and drive-ins show.
diamond10x is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com