No announcement yet.

Texas state troopers must shrink waistlines in new controversial policy: report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas state troopers must shrink waistlines in new controversial policy: report

Time to slim down Ladies and Gents- https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-sta...-policy-report

Male troopers must not exceed waist line of 40 inches; 35 inches for women

I hope my job don't pull this stunt. Although, project management doesn't really have to be fit or acrobatic.

Comment

Good

Comment

That's still pretty big, but I think % body fat would be a better rule than waist inches.

Comment

Sounds like a good thing to me. I’m a fat *** myself and can tell you, a 40” waist is pretty big. With a profession in law enforcement, there should be some physical standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never seen a horrible out of shape trooper from any state.

Comment

I'm picturing a belt about to split someone in two.

"See I'm a 35/40" er." they say as trying not to exhale.

Funny the different specs per gender.
              I'm guessing some plus sized lady troopers are gonna identify as dudes now.

Comment

Probably better to focus on athletic agility and performance than arbitrary belt size, but I can't imagine anyone in LE letting themselves get that out of shape as it seems like a dangerous gamble when you never know you'll be fighting for your life (or someone else's) at any given time.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post

They work at the DMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    Probably better to focus on athletic agility and performance than arbitrary belt size, but I can't imagine anyone in LE letting themselves get that out of shape as it seems like a dangerous gamble when you never know you'll be fighting for your life (or someone else's) at any given time.
                    When my wife and I were newlyweds we lived in a duplex. One evening, we were getting in bed and I went to close the window that we had left open. When I pulled the curtain back, I saw a young guy standing at our neighbors' window peeking through their curtains. It was 4 college girls that lived there. We called 911. My wife begged me not to go out and hold him at gunpoint. (Long story related to a guy trying to climb in her window when she was little, and her dad almost died after tackling him and shattering his knee in the process....) Anyway, I stood 10' away from him watching him through my window. When a cop finally got there, he chased the guy on foot. The cop made it 50 yards in the time the kid made it about 1/4 mile. The motorcycle cop, who was surely a great guy, was about 5'6" - both directions. You could lay him on his side and he'd be the same height.

40" is still pretty hefty in the waste, but could still be fairly mobile at least.

The rest of the story.....

The ended up catching the guy a couple weeks later in another duplex around the corner from ours. He had broken into an empty side and was going through the attic trying to get to the other side of the duplex where a 13 year old girl was home alone. He'd already raped 2 or 3 women across town, including an 80-something yr old lady. When I saw his picture on the news after they caught him, I called and told them it was the same guy I'd reported earlier.
                    Last edited by Shane; 04-19-2022, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      about 5'6" - both directions.
                      That parts made me LOL. Glad they finally caught the guy, too bad he got away that night before doing more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                        Officer Farva.

Comment

Lol when my buddy graduated from the Trooper academy I went to his graduation and I can tell you there were a few instructors and attending officers who where wider than Abbot's wheelchair.......

Comment

Some of those officers really test the upgraded suspension in their vehicles, some game wardens too lol..........

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              That's still pretty big, but I think % body fat would be a better rule than waist inches.
                              Body fat is computed by neck measure and waist measure extrapolated with height. Many short guys have thick necks but its figured in in the fat% tables. A fat gut is a dead give away to a fat guy or fat gal…worthy of a criminal to test legal endurance in a foot race.

More than 25% body fat in any critical services (first responder) is unsatisfactory for males. 30% for females.

Good job TXDPS.

Comment

Working...
                              X