Multi tool question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi tool question

My dad wants a multi tool for Christmas. Is leather man still good or is something newer better more compact ?

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
    My dad wants a multi tool for Christmas. Is leather man still good or is something newer better more compact ?
    Leather man
    SAK (Swiss army )
    SOG

Gerber has tungsten carbide cutting inserts that break when cutting wire and are a PIA to replace

YouTube has some decent demonstrations

Comment

As far as quality my two favorites are also SAK and Leatherman. I like the fact that Leatherman has so many models to chose from - you can pick one that's exactly right for your purposes. Some of them include tools I don't need and would never use.

Comment

Leatherman.

My first Leatherman, I found on the side of the road. All rusted, broken blades, dull. Sent it back to Leatherman, they sent me back a new one. I may have had to pay for shipping, but that's it.

Great company for sure. I've got a few others from them since then.

Comment

I carry a Leatherman Skeletool CX everyday. I use the he!! out of it. It's a quality product.

Comment

Preciate it fellas

Comment

I've got one in my truck, one in my toolbox, one on my night stand, and one on my loading bench. All Leathermans

Comment

Dont get a havalon multi tool. Blade is replace type and breaks
                cutting rope or skinning a deer.

Comment

Leatherman
                  I use the basic model everyday on the ranch

Comment

I have the Leatherman Sidekick that I have been carrying for over 10 years now and its still an awesome piece of equipment. I just recently had to send my old one in and have the springs replaced only to get a whole new tool back that appears to be the same quality as my old tool. The sidekicks and wingmans are some great tools but I have also been looking at the P4 series also just don't have any experience with them..

Comment

I think Leatherman is the best, but I'll put a little plug in for SOG... I have a small SOG I keep in the door pocket of my truck that I use frequently. Very lightweight (composite "handles"), but tough and sturdy. I looked for it on their website, but don't see the one I have. It may be discontinued, as I've had it for a decade or more.

Comment

My gerber suspension is awesome. I just with the sheath/case for it lasted. A leather sheath with a good snap would be ideal. I've had it for 6+ years and its been rock solid.

Comment

Leatherman... they have many different models to chose from. I'm a fan of the old school model.

I also have a Gerber. The pliers "slide" out the front. It stays in my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by smokin6.7 View Post
                            I carry a Leatherman Skeletool CX everyday. I use the he!! out of it. It's a quality product.
                            X2 and their customer service is awesome. They've replaced a couple that I broke knowing it was my fault. I now have three scattered around and one in my pocket daily. Great tool.
                            Last edited by UncleBubba; 11-19-2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

My only gripe with a Leatherman is that it eats your hands if you are using the plier feature.

Comment

Working...
                              X