No announcement yet.

Green Chile Pork Stew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I add carrots to mine, but very similar recipe and one to keep for sure!!

Comment

The weather is getting about right to make a big batch of this!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Gonna have to stir the pot here and say no potatoes in green chile but it guess you're calling it a stew so there's that. No way you can argue the beans in chili thing now though, lol.

I've got a bushel and a half of roasted Big Jims in my freezer, might have to make a batch of green chile this weekend, we've got some cold weather coming in.

Comment

Just made this. It was great!

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
              Just made this. It was great!
              Last time I made it - it put 6 people to sleep at 1 in the afternoon...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                Last time I made it - it put 6 people to sleep at 1 in the afternoon...
                Yea I couldn't stop eating it. I'll sleep well tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                  What settings do you use on your Instantpot? Every time I try a stew in mine, it burns on the bottom and shuts off.
                  The starches are burning on the bottom when it heats up to temp. Make sure there is enough liquid in whatever you're cooking. Depending on what I'm making, I'll add a little extra water as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by HankTheTank View Post
                    The starches are burning on the bottom when it heats up to temp. Make sure there is enough liquid in whatever you're cooking. Depending on what I'm making, I'll add a little extra water as needed.
                    Well it took ya long enough to answer that one. Just funin ya. I’ve just been making this stew on the old stove top and it is a really good recipe no matter what you use to cook it.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Tagged.

Looks really good!

Comment

Sounds delicious

Comment

Thanks for reviving this thread. Local place serves some tacos with stewed pork in verde sauce and refried beans. Been looking for a recipe to try at home and I think this may get me close. Excited to try it!

Comment

looks and sounds great

Comment

Making it today. Anybody interested in any pictures?

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
                                X