2022 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    Signed up for Crappie Masters Elite trail this morning. 4 tourneys and a championship in 2023. $6k entry fee for all 5. Hopefully they'll consider moving the Sept 1-2nd tourney to another weekend but I'll be there regardless!

Wish they announced the schedule already but oh well! Off limits period, 2.5 days to prefish, and a blast off start! I like all that as long as I'm not fishing in Clear Lake, California or somewhere! First payment isn't due till Aug 15th so maybe they'll have a schedule before then!
    Do you need sponsorship

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Signed up for Crappie Masters Elite trail this morning. 4 tourneys and a championship in 2023. $6k entry fee for all 5. Hopefully they'll consider moving the Sept 1-2nd tourney to another weekend but I'll be there regardless!

Wish they announced the schedule already but oh well! Off limits period, 2.5 days to prefish, and a blast off start! I like all that as long as I'm not fishing in Clear Lake, California or somewhere! First payment isn't due till Aug 15th so maybe they'll have a schedule before then!
      good luck

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
        My boat is pretty small and space is limited. I changed my minnow box to a nice ozark trail soft sided lunch box with waterproof zippers that I already had. I think it was $20-30 back when i bought it. Tossed on a $5 bubbler from walmart and it works like a champ. We have had up to 3/4# of minnows in it so far with zero casualties in 100+ degree heat.

Anybody running a slip cork setup to keep from having to stare at the screen so dang much? We had been fishing almost exclusively cover that did not break the water surface. Therefore you are pretty tied to staring at the screen. Sunday we fished a bunch of timber that was sticking out of 20 feet of water. Most fish were at 10 feet. Once you know where the fish are in relation to the visible structure, seems like you could set you slip cork to the correct depth and not worry about the screen so much. I was basically doing this with a jig. I had a jig on my short pole so i would just cast past the structure about as far as the fish were deep, and let the jig pendulum into them. Hook up ratio seemed to be about the same. Wouldn't have to wait for it to swing if i was running a slip cork. Thoughts?
        I use them on most of my guided trips. I run a lot of 4 to 6 people trips and while I love pitching jigs myself, it makes for a boring day if everyone is having to wait their turn to get to the front of the boat and see the screen on the live scope.
        By using corks, everyone in the boat can fish at the same time. I will pitch out for one of them and just tell everyone else to pitch out as close to that cork as they can.

We catch thousands of crappie a year doing it. I have one older lady that fishes with me several times a year. We will use a cork for her even if she is alone and we are fishing timber. I just spot the fish, slide the knot up or down to get the depth right and pitch it out for her. She LOVES to watch that cork go under.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	124367555_846321406141966_2194891835711742447_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	24686995

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          Do you need sponsorship

Unkle Pat’s adult diapers?? I think the fronts full but maybe we have room on the back of the shirt at the bottom!!

Nearly booked the entire field of 50 for the elite series in one day. Course moneys not due for over a month so it could change some! One of those would be nice to win though!

Scratch that!! Field is full as of 3 hours ago!! Awesome!!
          Last edited by Slew; 07-05-2022, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              I use them on most of my guided trips. I run a lot of 4 to 6 people trips and while I love pitching jigs myself, it makes for a boring day if everyone is having to wait their turn to get to the front of the boat and see the screen on the live scope.
              By using corks, everyone in the boat can fish at the same time. I will pitch out for one of them and just tell everyone else to pitch out as close to that cork as they can.

We catch thousands of crappie a year doing it. I have one older lady that fishes with me several times a year. We will use a cork for her even if she is alone and we are fishing timber. I just spot the fish, slide the knot up or down to get the depth right and pitch it out for her. She LOVES to watch that cork go under.
              [ATTACH]1094163[/ATTACH]
              That is Great!

Comment

Unkle Pat’s adult diapers?? I think the fronts full but maybe we have room on the back of the shirt at the bottom!!

Nearly booked the entire field of 50 for the elite series in one day. Course moneys not due for over a month so it could change some! One of those would be nice to win though!

Scratch that!! Field is full as of 3 hours ago!! Awesome!!
                Pat's Poopie Pads!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

[ATTACH]1094163[/ATTACH]
                  Awesome! Thanks buff.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    Pat's Poopie Pads!
                    You duck hunters need them too

Comment

You duck hunters need them too

I can think of one time I woulda rather had em! You ever wiped your Biden in the dark with Wet Ones kitchen wipes with bleach!! To be fair I didn’t have kids and used baby wipes the hunt before and they were amazing! I grabbed some and the checkout and didn’t realize they weren’t all the same!! That was like holding a propane torch to my sphincter!

Comment

I can think of one time I woulda rather had em! You ever wiped your Biden in the dark with Wet Ones kitchen wipes with bleach!! To be fair I didn’t have kids and used baby wipes the hunt before and they were amazing! I grabbed some and the checkout and didn’t realize they weren’t all the same!! That was like holding a propane torch to my sphincter!
                        Thanks for the long laugh!! Bet you read up on baby wipes after that!!!

Comment

[emoji38] [emoji1787]

Comment

Do you need sponsorship

It sure is nice of you to offer to sponsor Slew by paying his entry fees! I don't care what everybody else says about you, you're alright in my book!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Couldn't muster up the courage to go fish this weekend in the heat. But I did eat some crappie! Air fried with panko crumbs and slews original marinade. Side of summer salad (strawberries, avocado, cucumber, onions and vinegarette). Good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wooo! One more day! Kids and me are heading to LA. My mom and her husband closed on a house on the river! First vacation in 3 years.

Hauling the boat going to try and find some Sacalait in the river and hit the salt.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X