Water Well Warranty Coverage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Well Warranty Coverage?

Purchasing a home with a well that is about 30 years old... new to wells. Is there any such company that will warranty a well, or anyone added it on to home warranty? Looking to add into the negotiations.

Look at Home Shield. I believe they might and almost all real estate sells around here have the seller purchasing one year of warranty for the buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve never heard of such. In my experience those home warranties are about as useless as tits on a boar hog
      I got one for free on a home purchase that was supposed to cover most everything. Had some gfci outlets go out on the front porch. Turns out they only covered electrical inside the home in the dwelling areas
      Good luck

Comment

A new pump is only $700-1000 and will last for 10+ years easy. And most come with a 5 year warranty.

Comment

I don't know about warranties on buying a house with a well. I had my well drilled 25 yrs. ago when we built. Last year we replaced the bladder/storage tank. Pump is still going strong, but I know at some point it will give up, as nothing lasts forever. Lightning strikes without a surge protector is about the only thing to go wrong other than freezing. Check with your ins. agent on coverage for well. It might be covered under the homeowner's policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
            I don't know about warranties on buying a house with a well. I had my well drilled 25 yrs. ago when we built. Last year we replaced the bladder/storage tank. Pump is still going strong, but I know at some point it will give up, as nothing lasts forever. Lightning strikes without a surge protector is about the only thing to go wrong other than freezing. Check with your ins. agent on coverage for well. It might be covered under the homeowner's policy.

Thats a good point, insurance may have coverage for it. And yes, get a surge protector put on if it doesnt have one. Lightning killed a 2 yr old pump at our last house. Thats when I found out about insurance coverage that we didnt have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Make sure there is a well saver on it. That protects the pump if the water level drops and the pump will cut off and not burn up. If there isn't one then negotiate for one.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                I’ve never heard of such. In my experience those home warranties are about as useless as tits on a boar hog
                I got one for free on a home purchase that was supposed to cover most everything. Had some gfci outlets go out on the front porch. Turns out they only covered electrical inside the home in the dwelling areas
                Good luck
                Actually, I think they found a use for boar tits, still looking for a home warranty use though.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you asking about a warranty that would cover the well going dry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My thinking being a newb, was to seek some type of warranty (although I know its boar tits, ha) for the pump and equipment since it is older, during negotiations. Current owners have not been there but a couple years and don't have any paperwork stating how old equipment is. No, I wouldn't expect there to be insurance for a dried up well, just seeing if anything is offered for equipment. It's in the trinity, so I expect its lasts for quite some time.

Surge protector and well saver are great ideas that I haven't thought of, green screen comes through again. Thanks guys.

Comment

If no water softener then argue for that as well. Almost all Trinity water is hard and has lime in it.

Comment

Have them pull it and log the well. Do a GPM test as well. Get a water sample done.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                          Good luck
                          NAILED IT

Comment

Working...
                          X