Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for strength and comfort, Curt.

Comment

My heart breaks for you and Jenn, Curt!! Wish there was something I could say or do, but I know better... Been in your shoes when my MIL went through the same thing. It just is not any fun!!

Lord Jesus, PLEASE comfort our sister Jennie in the grief she has for her mother. In some way, please Lord show her that in due time, her mother will be healed eternally and restored forevermore. Her mind will be perfectly clear and focused on You Lord to worship and praise You always. Comfort our brother Curt as he stands beside his beautiful sweet wife to bring her strength and rest. When the time is right Lord, take this dear mother into Your fold to walk with You in all of Eternity. Comfort all those that will be left behind and make their grief short. In Jesus name, Amen.

Comment

Prayers sent for you all!!!!

It’s a rough deal bringing in hospice and watching it all day to day. I will be thinking and praying for Patsy, you and your family every day.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          My heart breaks for you and Jenn, Curt!! Wish there was something I could say or do, but I know better... Been in your shoes when my MIL went through the same thing. It just is not any fun!!

Lord Jesus, PLEASE comfort our sister Jennie in the grief she has for her mother. In some way, please Lord show her that in due time, her mother will be healed eternally and restored forevermore. Her mind will be perfectly clear and focused on You Lord to worship and praise You always. Comfort our brother Curt as he stands beside his beautiful sweet wife to bring her strength and rest. When the time is right Lord, take this dear mother into Your fold to walk with You in all of Eternity. Comfort all those that will be left behind and make their grief short. In Jesus name, Amen.
          Amen

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Curt, I have not said much on this thread because I dont know what to say. I do pray for God's will for her and peace for your family. I wish I could do more.

Steve

Comment

My prayers continue.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                Praying for strength, comfort, peace, and patience to endure this time. Also praying for the healing of your mother's mind that she can find some peace through all this.
                We were in the process of moving my mom into an assisted living facility this week. She started having severe hallucinations the day before we were going to physically get her moved in so we took her to the ER and now she's in a mental health hospital being evaluated to see what's going on. I pray it's not dementia/alzheimers but her dad past away from it 30 years ago so it could be. It's a difficult thing to watch. I've lost my grandfather and MIL from it.
                May the lord comfort you and your family Curt

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                Well it's official, we got my mom's diagnosis today. Early stage Alzheimers. My brothers and I have some plans to make.
                Curt, I pray things are going as well as they can. This is a hard disease to know exactly how to deal with it. Sounds like you're doing the best you can. I'll continue praying for you, your mom, and your family.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for comfort and peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

prayers up

Comment

Update:

Patsy Sue Smith, Born February 8, 1951 in Conroe, TX, went on to meet her Lord today, July 5, 2022 at 3:50pm. She was loved and will be missed by many.

I had a special relationship with my mother-in-law, because she always loved me. Well, almost always.....On our first date, Jennie showed back up at home at 3am, her momma met her at the front door madder than a hornet and wanting to know who she was with. Lucky for her she went to school with my Mom and Dad and knew I came from good people. Well, I patched that up and soon Jen and I fell in love and before long we had wedding plans. The day of the wedding, I had to stop by her house to pick something up for my soon-to-be-bride. Her momma came out on the front porch to hand it off, just as I climbed out of my 4x4 pickup and dispelled all of the previous night's bad decisions into her flower bed. "Curt Joslin, I do not have time for this S*** today", was her reply to my obvious distress. But then I gave her grandchildren and loved her daughter and all those things. Somewhere along the way, I became "her person". When we moved her in with us, I built her her own 2br apartment behind our house. I'd have coffee with her several times a week. I'd take her for drives around town on the weekend and listen to her tell me stories about the old days of Porter/New Caney. I was the person she counted on. My wife and sister and law were the ones really caring for her, but she'd ask them, "Have you checked with Curt?". Boy did that tick them off. When we moved on to 24 care she was not above telling her caregivers that if they upset her, then "Curt will fire you before you know what happened". She was right, as I always had her back. It'll be a little different around here, but I'm thankful for what she gave me and allowed me to give her.

Well, rest peacefully, MawMaw. You were a great Mother-in-law and I was lucky to have had you for so many years.

Comment

Prayers continuing For The Family!
                        God Bless Patsy.

Comment

Prayers up for Y'all Curt.

Comment

Prayers up for you all, Curt.

Comment

Prayers for you all Curt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Father, receive this spirit into your eternal rest. Give her family the peace of knowing Ms. Patsy is rejoicing in Heaven with You. Lord, a special measure of strength and compassion for our brother Curt as he leads Jennie and the rest of the family through the sadness of this earthly loss.
                                We rejoice in this Homecoming for Ms. Patsy. In the name of Jesus we thank You for being our Creator God Amen.

Comment

Working...
                                X