No announcement yet.

Need your help. Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

225 might not be hot enough to render the fat, also need to cook the brisket to 205!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      Pulling a 12 lber at midnight for a 6 hour rest. Got my fingers crossed.
      Hope it turns out for you. Post some pics when you cut.

Comment

I don’t over trim the fat…I smoke it fat side up. Rub with Kosher salt and course ground black pepper. Smoke until 195. Pull it wrap it and put in an ice Chest for 3 hours minimum. Mine always turn out great. Everyone has their own way. I can tell when I stick the meat thermometer in it. If it’s done.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
          Hope it turns out for you. Post some pics when you cut.
          So I’m pleased with my results. Not as good as some on here I’m sure but it is moist, tender and flavorful with a good bark. Not much of a smoke ring for some reason. Was on my offset stick burner under full smoke for 6 hours before wrapping in butcher paper at 165. Pulled at 204 + or - and rested for 8 hours. One thing that I do that a lot will not agree with is mop on Italian Salad dressing at the wrap. It softens the bark a little but not so much that it comes off during the slicing process.
          Attached Files

Comment

So I’m pleased with my results. Not as good as some on here I’m sure but it is moist, tender and flavorful with a good bark. Not much of a smoke ring for some reason. Was on my offset stick burner under full smoke for 6 hours before wrapping in butcher paper at 165. Pulled at 204 + or - and rested for 8 hours. One thing that I do that a lot will not agree with is mop on Italian Salad dressing at the wrap. It softens the bark a little but not so much that it comes off during the slicing process.
            Burnt

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

That' a beautiful piece of meat Terry!!
              I'm sad to report that I totally destroyed a beautiful 11 Pounder this weekend... Put it on Friday night at 9:30 PM... Had the stick burner doing its thing perfectly at right on 250 until midnight... put wood on the fire, went to bed... Woke up to hard rain/lightening/thunder at about 3:30 AM... Went out and brought the brisket in and put it in the oven at 250 until about 8:00 AM... Put it back out in a foil pan covered and continued to let the temp come up to 165 (probes in the point and flat)... Trouble is it stalled and I didn't snap to it... was distracted by getting ribs going, making some fantastic Quail-Jalepeno poppers out of my home grown Colossas peppers... By the time temp got to 194 and I realized what I'd done, all I could do is chop it... It was tasty and family enjoyed it, but made me sick thinkin' what I did to a beautiful piece of meat!! The ribs, and poppers... were a great hit too... Havin' some of each warmed over today for lunch at the office...
              Can't believe I made such a rookie mistake!!

Comment

Looking good GM....

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                  Burnt

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Oven roast "brisket" dude here calling a great bark burnt....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Oven roast "brisket" dude here calling a great bark burnt....
                    And doesn’t like sage in breakfast sausage or anywhere else. I think that he is a California plant trying to bring down the Mother Land.

Comment

So ive cooked a few briskets so far. I never seem to get to "probe tender" Brought them up to around 205. What am i missing?

Cooked some big beef ribs this weekend. Walked out there and checked them and they where like butter.

Maybe im not getting up to temp throughout the brisket? I plant to really check with thermo pen next time and if not there keep going?

Comment

And doesn’t like sage in breakfast sausage or anywhere else. I think that he is a California plant trying to bring down the Mother Land.

Nailed it!!.

Comment

Looks good to me

Comment

Working...
                          X