No announcement yet.

Pics of your EDC pocket knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 1999, I bought a cool looking all black Kershaw knife off of a Snap-On tool truck. It was an assisted blade design, which I had never seen before, and that thing was sharp. I have carried that knife on every hunting trip since then, it has been uses quite a few times. At one point I carried it as a pocket knife, but I am bad about breaking knifes, and did not want to break that one, so I reserved it for primarily hunting purposes. But earlier this year, I was on the four wheeler spreading grass seed, and was using my old Kershaw. Then did not think about it till I bought my daughter a Kershaw, with an assisted blade. I wanted to compare the two. I was not able to find my knife, I looked for over a week, I thought about it for hours, kept checking different places. Then finally gave up and decided I lost it, while out spreading grass seed.

So I decided I should replace that knife with another knife off of a Snap-On truck. I found the current tool dealer had quite a few CRKT knives, I have never heard of them, till I was looking for a knife for my daughter. Did not know anything about them. But have been told they have a very good warranty. I found one called Ignitor and bought it. I like it, seems to be a very well made knife, it's also an assisted blade knife. I got a serrated blade knife this time, because I figured this would be more of a work knife. I have found that serrated blade knives work much better than slick edge knives for cutting rubber hoses. I have found a $10 serrated blade knife will cut rubber hose, for months, where you can get a $100, slick edge knife and cut two hoses, with it, then it's about as sharp as a letter opener.

I got have cut quite a few heater hoses with this new knife, it goes through rubber hose, like that's what it was made for, brand new razors don't come close to cutting rubber hose like this thing does. I still don't get why serrated blades cut rubber hoses so well, but they do. A friend of mine was watching me cut some heater hose with this thing, he was shocked. I was surprised myself. It would pretty much fall through a piece of heater hose. So I like it, it was a good choice.

Then a week after buying the new knife, I thought of one last place my Kershaw might be, checked there and found the knife. Then posted up pictures of it, and a buddy of mine, who is a big knife guy, responded by saying it is a Ken Onion Blackout. I have only known it was an assisted blade Kershaw, that was very sharp, never knew it had a name, or who designed it.

I have been impressed with the black finish on the blade, then when I looked up the knife and read about it. I found out it has the same black nitride finish that is used on AR parts, I know typically bolts, bolt carriers, and barrels are nitride coated. That explains why the finish has held up so well for so many years.
    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 06-13-2022, 08:17 PM.

Comment

It's not expensive or fancy, but this little Shrade has served me well for over 30yrs.
      Attached Files

Comment

Picked up couple more old knives last week, getting them cleaned and polished. One is a Colonial and the other is an Imperial, both 3 blades.

Comment

I had to keep this Gem after she got published in 3 magazines!! Erica carries one I made for her too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	foldermammothblue.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	24685647

Comment

Moormaker, Leatherman and OTF Viper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This Honk Falls pattern from Reese Bose saw some pretty heavy duty this am. Daughter needed some help. Dad to the rescue!
              Attached Files

Comment

Got a new one this week. Buck 112 Slim TRX Pro.

Love it. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220527_174611.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	24685662Click image for larger version

Name:	20220527_174604.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	24685663

Comment

My newest carry.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    Moormaker, Leatherman and OTF Viper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Wear that same holster every day in the pasture
                    Leatherman and a Leatherman folder knife that is sturdy and quick to open. Doesn’t look like it’s made anymore

In my pocket varies, but lately an AGRussell
                    folder.
                    Last edited by Big pig; 05-28-2022, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X