Favorite Pork Rub Ribs/Pulled Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
    1 part Tex Joy Steak Seasoning and 1 part Chili Powder. Mix well, cover meat and rub in good. Place on foil, cover and pat in Brown Sugar HEAVY. Wrap tight and let rest for 24 hours. I place mine on the counter for about 4 hours (get to room temp) before putting it on the smoker. When I put it on the smoker, I pour the juices over the pork that are left in the foil. Then smoke it to a internal temp of 190*
    Why do you leave meat on the counter for 4 hours to get to room temp? May I suggest reading this article about the myth of letting meat come to room temp:

https://amazingribs.com/technique-an...-to-room-temp/

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo96 View Post
      Why do you leave meat on the counter for 4 hours to get to room temp? May I suggest reading this article about the myth of letting meat come to room temp:

https://amazingribs.com/technique-an...-to-room-temp/
      I have found it cooks better and a little more even.

Comment

Buccees rib rub for ribs

Not sure the brand but a Java house rub on thick chops.

Comment

I’ve become a big fan of Meat Church products. Really like the Honey Hog for ribs.

Comment

I watched the Meat Church guy do spare ribs and he said you do not need to season your ribs more than 30 minutes before you cook them. and i can not for the life of me remember why he said that. only thing i could figure after thinking about it was that the salt starts to cure or pull the moisture out of the meat.

i have almost always seasoned my BBQ meats the day before.

my go to for years was Uncle Chris and Chili Powder

i just bought a couple of pounds of Kosmo's Dirty Bird Rub to try on some ribs and butts.

thoughts on seasoning time?
            Last edited by W E H; 05-16-2022, 05:59 AM.

Comment

I'm a fan of Rebel Rub.

Comment

For those of you using the Fiesta Pork rub, try the Smokey Swine Seasoning from Fiesta. If I'm not using a basic homemade rub, this is what I went to on butts and ribs. Everyone seems to really enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                  I started using Ham Grenade from War Pig a few years ago. It works really well on pork along with chicken, plus it’s a Texas based company that I believe is veteran owned.

That guy bought my old House in Houston. Not sure if he still lives there but I saw the War Pig BBQ sauce in my HEB the other day and made me remember that. His name is Dennis Butterworth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pinkerton’s for me. Their candy paint rib glaze is amazing.

Comment

My cousin just had his seasonings picked up by the Texas Walmarts.

Comment

I have been using it ever since.

Comment

I place mine on the counter for about 4 hours (get to room temp) before putting it on the smoker.

Comment

chupacabra

Comment

Another fan here of Meat Church Honey Hog but combine it with their Voodoo seasoning to give some extra kick.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                                Pinkerton’s for me. Their candy paint rib glaze is amazing.

Man those ribs look good enough to eat.

Comment

Working...
                                X