2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    And another year passes me by without any "jewelry". I'ma gonna get some one of these days.

My continued congrats to those just get-n around to post-n up on here.
    If I was hunting bling I would head to Arkansas or the Coast. I don't duck hunt much anymore but I've got 2 bands and lost a chance at a third in a short straw pick. All of these were on the coast and 2 being mottled ducks and one being a snow

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      Went and heavily corned a spot today and threw up some game cameras hoping to get photos of everything coming in as we saw some birds at this property during the season but nothing like previous years. Also sat for a bit and had the big lens but all 50 mallards came in way to early for those photos. Neat having them land within 20' of me.

Snipe hunt tomorrow in the marsh!
      I know of at least one place in AR that flies corn over their greentree reservoirs once the season closes to let them imprint.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
        If I was hunting bling I would head to Arkansas or the Coast. I don't duck hunt much anymore but I've got 2 bands and lost a chance at a third in a short straw pick. All of these were on the coast and 2 being mottled ducks and one being a snow

Thank you for your advice . But I don't hunt for the bands. It was a way of saying that for all the years, and no telling how many ducks I've killed since I started back in the early-mid 1980s, I've never shot one with a band. I was making fun more than anything.

Comment

Thank you for your advice . But I don't hunt for the bands. It was a way of saying that for all the years, and no telling how many ducks I've killed since I started back in the early-mid 1980s, I've never shot one with a band. I was making fun more than anything.
          TG I’m with you. Before I backed off of waterfowl hunting I had killed tons of ducks and a box cars of geese. Killed one banded teal and a banded/collared Speckled Belly which was sweet to say the least. I went to Alberta several times goose hunting and those Northern guys could sell bands by the pound cause they kill so many that are banded.

Comment

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Ended the season strong with limits the last two weekends in a row.

Weekend of the 22nd we shot a 4 man Saturday with pintail drakes and bull spoonies. Sunday morning we shot a 4 man of green wing, blue wing and pintail and were done by 7:30.

Last weekend I was only able to hunt Sat morning and it was the best hunt of the season for me. We shot a 4 man in 14 minutes, done before 7am. Epic decoying and birds just coming straight in to die. Last picture was a combined limit for two blinds hunting close to each other on the last morning.

Club shot over 6k birds this year which is a far cry from last year but still a lot of good fun. I myself shot more birds this year than I ever have. A few pictures from the last couple of hunts.

Last edited by Wall_Hanger; 02-04-2022, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Yall did well Travis. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                Ended the season strong with limits the last two weekends in a row.

Weekend of the 22nd we shot a 4 man Saturday with pintail drakes and bull spoonies. Sunday morning we shot a 4 man of green wing, blue wing and pintail and were done by 7:30.

Last weekend I was only able to hunt Sat morning and it was the best hunt of the season for me. We shot a 4 man in 14 minutes, done before 7am. Epic decoying and birds just coming straight in to die. Last picture was a combined limit for two blinds hunting close to each other on the last morning.

Club shot over 6k birds this year which is a far cry from last year but still a lot of good fun. I myself shot more birds this year than I ever have. A few pictures from the last couple of hunts.

Congrats! Great hunts and club.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                  I know of at least one place in AR that flies corn over their greentree reservoirs once the season closes to let them imprint.
                  Do you think it really works?

Comment

Yall did well Travis. Congrats!

Thanks Michael. Truly a wonderful sport we have available to us. This year was really great for a lot of reasons.

I am still kicking myself for not having shells stocked and having to pay $300+ for a case of black cloud bc that was literally the only shells I could find anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      Congrats! Great hunts and club.

Thanks David. We still need to do a hunt together! Happy to have you down and get an in person lesson on how to do it right!

Comment

Thanks David. We still need to do a hunt together! Happy to have you down and get an in person lesson on how to do it right!
                        Looks like you got it down pretty good!
                        Be glad to meet up sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                          Yes.

There was a guy on here that posted a place for sale near Rosebud-Lott that they had developed a nice duck impoundment. He said they didn't hunt it the first year....baited the crap out of it with corn...and had 1000 mallards and teal using it well until after the season. They came back the next year and they had a banner year.

Comment

Thanks Michael. Truly a wonderful sport we have available to us. This year was really great for a lot of reasons.

I am still kicking myself for not having shells stocked and having to pay $300+ for a case of black cloud bc that was literally the only shells I could find anywhere.
                            6k killed, that is crazy! How many people are in your club?

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                              Maybe a little.

A friend of mine does it and his woods are just ok.

Prime area but just too close to some other really good stuff.

My dad has had luck flying in grain to fields in the past, either rest fields, after season, etc. but geese now make that somewhat pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                                Yes.

There was a guy on here that posted a place for sale near Rosebud-Lott that they had developed a nice duck impoundment. He said they didn't hunt it the first year....baited the crap out of it with corn...and had 1000 mallards and teal using it well until after the season. They came back the next year and they had a banner year.
                                I need to find this place! Never heard of anything like that here.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X