Bird Dog Training Near San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the title says I am looking for a bird dog trainer near San Antonio. I have a lab and he is 11 months. I have seen 2 places near and both have good reviews. One is Rave Retrievers and the other is Ryckman kennels. Anyone recommened them and why??? Or possibly someone else near by? TIA

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Good luck with your choice - best decision I ever made having a pro do my beginner gun dog training and Obedience

Comment

Interested. My GSP is 11 months as well.

Comment

That Rave Retrievers is south of New Braunfels on 482. I use to take 482 home six days a week, when we lived in New Braunfels. I would see them out there training dogs often. Don't know much about them, other than where they are located.

Comment

Try Audie Fuller at Dos Hermanos Guide Service
          He's in the Floresville/Poth area.
          His family used to train a lot of gun dogs
          I picked up a Lab from him that was taking up kennel space. He was about a year old
          The dog was started with basic commands, I finished him with lots of
          time in the field. Best dog I've ever had.

Comment

Contact Marsh Dog Kennels out of Giddings. Mark Strickland is the trainer and does a fantastic job!!

Comment

Lone Star Retrievers near George West.

Comment

We hunted with Amy Sterner and Simply Southern Retrievers. Their number is 361-944-5687. She was great to hunt with, but I have no experience with sending a dog to her. I figured I would throw it out there so maybe gives you another option.

Comment

Little drive but Best Retrievers would be my choice for a gun dog trainer. There are a lot of guys doing this these days, I haven’t ran hunt tests or field trials in several years so I may not be up to date on the newest additions to the game.

Comment

OP,

I’m not trying to be a grammar nazi, picky, SOB, but bird dog is used to refer to one of the pointing breeds. Labs are retrievers.

Comment

Working...
                    X