How to cure the ammo issue in just a few months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
    And how much was a McDonald's hamburger when they first opened?

If you figure in inflation I will almost guarantee a McDonald's hamburger is not much more, if at all, today than it was when they opened. I don't know the exact cost McDonald's hamburger when they opened, if I did I would put it in an inflation calculator. Maybe you can look that up LOL
    Last edited by RJH1; 02-03-2021, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
      The one box quota is unenforceable. But the last part is correct. High priced available ammo is better than free non existent ammo
      Most retailers have a 3 box quota now.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
        Horrible idea.

Economic classes are available online or at your local community college.
        Are you saying the same economic classes that would say that as demand increases and supply drops, price goes up? Because that's basically exactly what I'm saying....

Or are you talking about the commie version of classes that say bread is free in Mother Russia, only problem is there's no bread

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          Most retailers have a 3 box quota now.
          Yep, and I've seen people buy three boxes put them in the truck and go right back into by three more. So it's unenforceable

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
            artificially low based on demand, or actual cost paid to mfrs by distributors is sold at below cost to retailers with the expectation of making money on other items in the store associated with the ammo?

Artificially low based on demand. If everyone's shelves are empty of a certain product, then the price is too low for the demand. As the demand drops price will drop too, as has happened throughout history

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
              Well there’s already plenty of people willing to pay $1 a round for everything. This would only raise prices lol, people would still buy it all and people would still re sell for even higher rape prices. Even on here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Exactly

I've been keeping an eye out for a few different calibers of ammo for myself and guys I work with. For example, some prices I'm seeing are Remington .270 ammo selling for $99.95 a box... that's a box of 20... and people are rushing to buy it. Then again, I'm also seeing the same ammo selling for ~$40 a box of 20. Both prices are selling...quickly! They aren't dropping the $99/box ammo prices to $40 to sell it either... With that in mind, and what the OP's "plan" is, is already in effect... People will always buy what they want, when they want... especially if they are "out" of said product. When people need gas, they buy gas... doesn't matter if it's $1.09/gal or $5.99/gal.

Luckily, I have remained stocked up on ammo... I have always bought in bulk, especially when it was on sale... I have enough to last me for 10-20 years...

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                Yep, and I've seen people buy three boxes put them in the truck and go right back into by three more. So it's unenforceable
                I was asked to leave the property when I tried that at academy 2 weeks ago.

Comment

The sun rises in the east, water finds it's own level and supply/demand always determines prices in the long run. The buying mania can't go on forever. It actually may have already peaked but pricing bubbles often go on much longer than expected. At some point the frenzy will wane and prices will have to come down in order for manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers to move inventory. Those prices may be above the old lows but they will be significantly less than they are now. You also have people who now have a ton of money tied up in overpriced ammo. That is a dead asset that pays no dividends and after prices have been back down for a while you'll see many of them trying to unload some of their their stash, driving prices down further.
                  Last edited by jerp; 02-03-2021, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    I was asked to leave the property when I tried that at academy 2 weeks ago.
                    Must not have been you that i saw then.....

Comment

Do this first,

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                      The best thing to do is let the market do its thing. Leave it alone, and it will correct itself through market forces. .
                      and then read and follow this

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                      Easiest way is for everyone to quit paying the stupid marked up prices that I have seen online and in the classifieds here on TBH...
                      And lastly, stop buying ammo when you walk into a store because its there.

I'd be willing to bet the folks shouting, "I made an epic score!" Already have plenty of ammo to go shoot, but continue to buy because ammo is hard to find.

Its panic buying resulting in artificial shortages.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                        Exactly

I've been keeping an eye out for a few different calibers of ammo for myself and guys I work with. For example, some prices I'm seeing are Remington .270 ammo selling for $99.95 a box... that's a box of 20... and people are rushing to buy it. Then again, I'm also seeing the same ammo selling for ~$40 a box of 20. Both prices are selling...quickly! They aren't dropping the $99/box ammo prices to $40 to sell it either... With that in mind, and what the OP's "plan" is, is already in effect... People will always buy what they want, when they want... especially if they are "out" of said product. When people need gas, they buy gas... doesn't matter if it's $1.09/gal or $5.99/gal.

Luckily, I have remained stocked up on ammo... I have always bought in bulk, especially when it was on sale... I have enough to last me for 10-20 years...

Exactly, it’s not just 5.56 and 9 getting flipped for stupid prices. It’s everything and people are paying it no matter the price it seems. If prices go up I honestly think sales will go up, it will only increase panic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Taxes, that’s what we need to fix all this is more taxes. Now who wants to be first in line for the “free kick in the boys” line?

Comment

I checked a store close to the office the other day, that we have ordered from in the past and stopped by to pick up the order, and got excited for a few seconds when I saw they had .270 Winchester Super-X 130gr. Power Point in stock. I went to order it, and saw they were asking $80 per box nah, they can sell that to some other idiot...I won't purchase anything else from them. If they sell out, more power to them...it won't be with my help, and that's all I can control

Comment

Supply & demand. If people will pay it, it will stay elevated. When sales decline the prices will settle into what the market demands.

Comment

I'm just not buying ammo. I'm investing the $ in Burger King stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X