Skid Steer Tires or Tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skid Steer Tires or Tracks

Running in mixed rock and dirt and have been running a rubber tracked machine. Some people are running tires, some tires with metal tracks over them
    and I’ve talked to some contractors that run rubber tracks on tracked machines and say they wouldn’t do it any other way. What are you running?

Both
    Depends on the application.
    Just bought 3 Kubota track machines.
    Replacing a couple older John Deere machines, kind of a test.
    An owner operator can do well with tracks in rocky situations if they don't counter rotate & harsh steer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bingo...all on the operator.

I'd go tracks, depending how rocky you are. Might go tires/steel tracks. Terrain is the factor.

Comment

Tracks are the only way to go imo. We have 3 and they are all track machines.

Comment

Tracks are better until you throw one

I say that with zero experience, only know a track coming off is a major pain

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Tracks are better until you throw one

I say that with zero experience, only know a track coming off is a major pain
            Adjustment is key. 1" sag from track to center roller with machine elevated, tilt bucket to dump position & raise front of machine off the ground.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

We have tracks but 90% of our work is in Kingwood or on concrete so next time I’d pick tires of tracks. If you’re doing 100% dirt work or clearing tracks are the only way to go.

Comment

Tracks all day !
                Unless you just like to push stuff and peel out on the dirt.
                You can move trees and dirt like a D if you know what your doing.

Comment

Working...
                X