Clear All

Colorado vacation in July

Thinking of taking the family to either Ouray Co or Pagosa Springs Co

What say the green screen??
    Which has better fishing??
    Kids 11&9
    Thanks a lot !!

Go

We went to Durango last summer in July with kids 11-15. We didn't fish and without fishing there was plenty to do to keep us busy for 4 days straight between the train ride, rafting, and general sight seeing. I would recommend the trip.

Comment

I spend a lot of time in that area each summer. With kids I'd probably choose Pagosa from the two. Or you could choose Durango which is about halfway in between the two, and makes either one an easy day trip.

Comment

More to do in Durango but my preference is to stay in Pagosa and make day trips to Durango and Silverton. Good fishing within striking distance of both. I think the river below Silverton has cleaned up since the spill. I like the fly shacks in Pagosa. There's tubing there as well as disc golf and regular golf. I like the trails better around Pagosa.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
          More to do in Durango but my preference is to stay in Pagosa and make day trips to Durango and Silverton. Good fishing within striking distance of both. I think the river below Silverton has cleaned up since the spill. I like the fly shacks in Pagosa. There's tubing there as well as disc golf and regular golf. I like the trails better around Pagosa.
          Off road “Jeep” trails?

Comment

Went to Pagosa in July for a week last summer and it rained every evening washing everything out, not a huge fan of the town either. Much bigger fan of Park City, went there the year before and caught fish after fish on the Provo.

Comment

Ouray is absolutely beautiful with lots to do, jeep trails plentiful so you can see alot on the cheap. We been there twice and will go there again I hope soon! Or take your utvs and go explore! Lots of mines and old buildings on the trails. If I remember right you can take a trail all the way to telluride over the mountains
              Last edited by Talon; 01-19-2020, 04:56 PM.

Comment

We are doing Ouray, for the Jeep trails.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

We did Telluride for our honeymoon years ago and jeeped for days between Ouray, Silverton. blackbear and Imogene pass are a lot of fun.

Comment

most of the fishing around Pagosa is private... except the water that runs downtown. They feed dogfood and stock... and those fish get hammered. You can get a river guide, but that typically isn't good for kiddo's. I'm not sure about Ouray from a fishing standpoint, but it's prettier than Pagosa.

Comment

give a look at Lake City

Comment

Thanks guys
                        Really appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                          Off road “Jeep” trails?
                          No, mostly hiking trails.

Comment

Tagged, I've been thinking about taking the family on this type of trip. Great info so far!

Comment

There is not a bad choice between the two. Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X