ATV plow for (kinda) fixing dirt roads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATV plow for (kinda) fixing dirt roads?

Does anyone have experience with using an atv plow like this one for leveling dirt roads such as those you find on east timber leases?

I'm not talking about heavy application stuff where you'd obviously need a box blade and/or front-end loader, but just something to knock down the high sides around ruts in muddy ground.

I wouldn’t think that thing would be stiff enough, the blad and/or the mount.

Comment

I would think that using an ATV, something you drag would be more efficient than something you push

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        I would think that using an ATV, something you drag would be more efficient than something you push
        for sure, that is just for pushing snow off the driveway and side walks

Comment

Get a piece of rail iron and so me chain link fence to drag behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
            Get a piece of rail iron and so me chain link fence to drag behind.

Or u-bolt a couple hog panels together and drag them down the rd. Stacking a few adds weight and they do work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
              Or u-bolt a couple hog panels together and drag them down the rd. Stacking a few adds weight and they do work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              That's an idea. I was thinking about taking the gate off my trailer and dragging it behind the 4-wheeler. It's already pretty heavy so I may not even need to add weight to it.
              Last edited by Etxbuckman; 12-30-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                That's an idea. I was thinking about taking the gate off my trailer and dragging it behind the 4-wheeler. It's already pretty heavy so I may not even need to add weight to it.
                That will work, i have done it. Works really well. Gets all the rust off too.

If you need more weight and can pull it add old tires and wire them down.

Comment

tractor supply sells drag harrows that are good for this. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...ft-drag-harrow

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEyeB View Post
                    tractor supply sells drag harrows that are good for this. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...ft-drag-harrow
                    Thats an idea too. Are those spikes on the bottom of the rake that dig in to the ground? I’m assuming the chain itself wouldn’t be enough to smooth the mud/dirt out.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      Thats an idea too. Are those spikes on the bottom of the rake that dig in to the ground? I’m assuming the chain itself wouldn’t be enough to smooth the mud/dirt out.
                      Yup has spikes on the bottom side to rough up the ground then you flip it over to smooth it all out.

Comment

This is what I would do as well.

Comment

I have one of these, unless you have minor stuff, I don’t think this will do much for ruts.

Comment

Yup has spikes on the bottom side to rough up the ground then you flip it over to smooth it all out.
                            Good to know. I’m going to try my trailer gate first since it’s paid for () but I’ll keep this for future reference though.

Comment

yeah if the ruts are bad enough the best bet is get a disc harrow to rough up the ground then use the drag harrow to smooth it out. They make disc harrows for ATVs I'm not sure how well they work though.

Comment

Working...
                              X