10mm brass won’t resize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
    those inconsistencies are probably caused by difference in case length,, just a tiny bit long will give a poor result and often a damaged case,, if the case is just barely short the crimp will be weak or maybe none at all

That’s exactly what I was experiencing. It was all 1 time fired sig brass most was ok but definitely not perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      That’s exactly what I was experiencing. It was all 1 time fired sig brass most was ok but definitely not perfect.

mike the case lengths and you will know,, it is not unusual for even new factory brass to be different lengths,, it should not be but it is too common,, if so trim them to the same length and your problems will go away

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
        mike the case lengths and you will know,, it is not unusual for even new factory brass to be different lengths,, it should not be but it is too common,, if so trim them to the same length and your problems will go away

Yeah that’s what I’ll have to do not looking forward to that...

Comment

I can’t begin to tell you how many thousands of pistol rounds I’ve loaded, but I can tell you how many pistol cases I’ve trimmed: 0.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
            I can’t begin to tell you how many thousands of pistol rounds I’ve loaded, but I can tell you how many pistol cases I’ve trimmed: 0.

So what do you do to get the crimp consistent across a batch of brass?

Comment

I have had way better success with separate seating and crimping steps. Lots more forgiving on slightly different case lengths. Especially with roll crimps.
              When you are doing both in the same step, you are beginning your crimp while the bullet is still moving. Timing has to be perfect. On a progressive, you need a separate die. The factory crimp die that comes in lee 4 die sets works for jacketed, but I shoot a lot of lead and I don't use it for that.

Comment

Lee factory crimp on most stuff. But I have a couple calibers that I don’t use it on.

The main thing to make sure of is that you don’t get setback when the round cycles.

Comment

I use a taper crimp on semi auto rounds. Roll crimp on revolver rounds.

Comment

Working...
                  X