No announcement yet.

Shop Insulation? Options and looks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t want to hijack, but what if you have a metal shop with the old blanket insulation and chicken wire. What can be done with that ?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      I don’t want to hijack, but what if you have a metal shop with the old blanket insulation and chicken wire. What can be done with that ?
      I have this question too. Bought a place with a metal shop and the roof has the chicken wire insulation. Walls have nothing. About to spray.

Comment

A question on this process.

Since you are adding foam to this structure, you have may have open soffits, and a vent or whirlybird. Do you foam over them?

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
          A question on this process.

Since you are adding foam to this structure, you have may have open soffits, and a vent or whirlybird. Do you foam over them?
          Yes, cover them up with tyvek on the inside and spray over them would be the correct way to do it if the building will have AC. If it will not and you will still rely on ventilation to cool the building, as like a shop with large roll up doors, then leave them open

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jefecinco View Post
            I have this question too. Bought a place with a metal shop and the roof has the chicken wire insulation. Walls have nothing. About to spray.
            Spray foam will not adhere very well to vinyl. When you fill a space with closed cell, the hardness of the foam forming to the opening will hold it in place and keep it from falling, however it will begin to separate itself from the plastic that covers the insulation that's currently installed. The correct way to do it is have the insulation removed then spray directly to metal

Comment

I call it the barshed. Lol. Worked great.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
                Spray foam will not adhere very well to vinyl. When you fill a space with closed cell, the hardness of the foam forming to the opening will hold it in place and keep it from falling, however it will begin to separate itself from the plastic that covers the insulation that's currently installed. The correct way to do it is have the insulation removed then spray directly to metal

Thanks !

Comment

Closed cell foam is the way to go. Our was painted after it dried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X