Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know where or how to get rid of old tires ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Can you expound on this please.

Won't that be bumpy?

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
      So what does the OP actually do with his 30-40 tires in his barn?

Comment

There is a place on the east side that recycles tires. Maybe they would take them?

Comment

So what does the OP actually do with his 30-40 tires in his barn?
          It’s enough for a start maybe enough to use in a low wet spot

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
            It’s enough for a start maybe enough to use in a low wet spot
            But, but, but...what if he doesn't have a front end loader or any crushed stone...or any low spot that needs filling?

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              Careful, someone may roll up on you and throw them back in your window. If they do, show them your dead sticker and blow their face off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              It never stops making me laugh!! Blow one dudes face off.......

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                or........burn 'em all in one night.
                Hey! We’re trying to be sneaky about it

Comment

Shooting ranges use shredded tires as a backstop to recycle the lead...I'm just throwing it out there & maybe check with local LE ranges as well.

One of the guys on our lease makes his living in moving truck loads of used tires & will ask what your options are.

Comment

But, but, but...what if he doesn't have a front end loader or any crushed stone...or any low spot that needs filling?
                    Well... in that case, I guess I would just haul them to White Oak and throw toss them in the bar ditch with all the cigarette butts

Comment

We just bought some land adjoining my place in Polk County. A big pile of old car and 18 wheeler tires came with the deal. Several still on rim. We ended up taking them to Bulldog tire recycling in Cleveland. They charge $150 a ton plus $10 per tire on rim. Ended up costing us like $400. Polk County dump allows a person to bring four tires a day at $5 a tire (rim off and no 18 wheelers). We were a bit surprised at the hassle factor in getting rid of a heaping pile of tires on a 16 foot trailer, but we did it legally unlike the person who threw a bunch out on FM 62 this weekend...scum. It’s Shameful there is not a better solution and also shameful that people would just throw their tires on the side of the road.

We knew what we were buying and negotiated a better deal because of the tires and junk. Funny thing is the scrap iron hauls netted us more the the cost to get rid of tires. Gotta love east tx!

Comment

they are a problem that’s for sure. that’s why people dump them on the dead end roads.
                        it’s a pain to find the right way to get rid of them !

Comment

Liberty Tire Recycling has a place in Houston. Here is the contact info from their website.

Houston, TX
                          Phone: 877.865.2253
                          Email: Houston@libertytire.com

Comment

Apparently any side road in Pasadena is an acceptable place to dump tires...

Comment

I take mine to Discount...$2.50 or so...pay a little more if on rim.

Im about to take the next batch of trash tires and make a road groomer with some chanlink fencing.

Ive been trying to devise making a seed roller from some but dont have enough on the same size rim.

Comment

You can cut the tire into four pieces and put in the trash. Dumping them at a non-authorized site or burning are criminal violations. If you dump enough they can can pursue felony charges.

Comment

Working...
                                X