Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2019, 04:34 PM   #51
Thumper
Pope & Young
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia Texas
Default

.
Attached Images
 
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 04:50 PM   #52
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
As tedious as that was to listen to, she makes a valid point that govt is run amuck and our elected officials are lining their pockets at the expense of the American people
That is true sir. I think the video is making its rounds on the interwebs not becouse of the point made....but its delivery.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 05:04 PM   #53
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
That is true sir. I think the video is making its rounds on the interwebs not becouse of the point made....but its delivery.
That may be the most well spoken, succinct Iíve ever heard her. Sheís improving, thatís not good
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 05:29 PM   #54
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Which would be a better source for comedy gaffes, general awkwardness, and incompetence?

Beto/Ocasio 2020
or
Biden/Ocasio 2020
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 05:35 PM   #55
tigerscowboy
Ten Point
 
tigerscowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Hunt In: Birds @ Eagle Lake. Elk, Pronghorn, Nigai, Carribou, Deer @ TX, CO, MO, WY, & Alaska. Bass TX & MO.
Default

She only pushed her obviously absurd Green Dream to get media coverage, and it's working. Look at everyone talking about it.
tigerscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 05:41 PM   #56
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
Which would be a better source for comedy gaffes, general awkwardness, and incompetence?

Beto/Ocasio 2020
or
Biden/Ocasio 2020
Beto/Ocasio
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 06:00 PM   #57
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Beto/Ocasio
No way Biden/Ocasio.... Dirty Uncle Joe was a gaff-fest when he was the supporting role, I can only imagine when heís the 1st on the ticket
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #58
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Thing that gets me is all the current dems who have announced their presidential run have come out to say they support this language...the dem party is simply trying to out left each other & clearly moving towards socialist ideas.

I'm afraid we may have reached a point where we are going to have to fight for our liberties granted to us by the founding fathers if this creepy voting trend continues...genuinely nervous about the future & need to figure out how to turn this ship around.

Who would have ever thought we would see this in the US:

~bovine flatulence as a concern that needs govt intervention.

~retrofit or rebuild all man made structures commercial & residential

~ending of all fossil fuel / internal combustion engines & air travel

~Kamala is stating obamacare isn't good enough & wants an end to the free market health ins as we know it & go full blown socialized govt run healthcare.


Half of our govt officials did not stand or applaud when our POTUS said 'the US will NEVER become socialist' at the state of the union!! WTH does this tell you. How can this green bill be of any serious consideration to anyone with half a brain & yet all the current dem potus hopefuls are OK with it?? They want to end the gas / oil & nuclear industries without a viable alternative in a 10yr window?? You think John Deere or International is going to make an electric tractor / rig to get our groceries out of the ground & distributed. I bet Russia is going to love our electric tanks & fighter jets.

It's asinine we are even having to discuss such a dim witted proposal...you really gotta laugh as taking it with any sort of actual possibility is too much to fathom. What the hell is going on with our country??


When asked how to pay for this AOC was quoted to have saying "we'll print more money".
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 07:20 PM   #59
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Thing that gets me is all the current dems who have announced their presidential run have come out to say they support this language...the dem party is simply trying to out left each other & clearly moving towards socialist ideas.

I'm afraid we may have reached a point where we are going to have to fight for our liberties granted to us by the founding fathers if this creepy voting trend continues...genuinely nervous about the future & need to figure out how to turn this ship around.

Who would have ever thought we would see this in the US:

~bovine flatulence as a concern that needs govt intervention.

~retrofit or rebuild all man made structures commercial & residential

~ending of all fossil fuel / internal combustion engines & air travel

~Kamala is stating obamacare isn't good enough & wants an end to the free market health ins as we know it & go full blown socialized govt run healthcare.


Half of our govt officials did not stand or applaud when our POTUS said 'the US will NEVER become socialist' at the state of the union!! WTH does this tell you. How can this green bill be of any serious consideration to anyone with half a brain & yet all the current dem potus hopefuls are OK with it?? They want to end the gas / oil & nuclear industries without a viable alternative in a 10yr window?? You think John Deere or International is going to make an electric tractor / rig to get our groceries out of the ground & distributed. I bet Russia is going to love our electric tanks & fighter jets.

It's asinine we are even having to discuss such a dim witted proposal...you really gotta laugh as taking it with any sort of actual possibility is too much to fathom. What the hell is going on with our country??


When asked how to pay for this AOC was quoted to have saying "we'll print more money".
Hey donít worry about it, she clearly has all the details figured out and she has an economics degree from one of those fancy Ivy League schools. She clearly has all the answers
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 08:21 PM   #60
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
Which would be a better source for comedy gaffes, general awkwardness, and incompetence?

Beto/Ocasio 2020
or
Biden/Ocasio 2020
No way Ocasio would settle for 2nd billing. She will wait until she can be at the top of the ticket. I would love to see Beto have to debate Trump. Trump will wipe the floor with him.
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #61
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Thing that gets me is all the current dems who have announced their presidential run have come out to say they support this language...the dem party is simply trying to out left each other & clearly moving towards socialist ideas.

I'm afraid we may have reached a point where we are going to have to fight for our liberties granted to us by the founding fathers if this creepy voting trend continues...genuinely nervous about the future & need to figure out how to turn this ship around.

Who would have ever thought we would see this in the US:

~bovine flatulence as a concern that needs govt intervention.

~retrofit or rebuild all man made structures commercial & residential

~ending of all fossil fuel / internal combustion engines & air travel

~Kamala is stating obamacare isn't good enough & wants an end to the free market health ins as we know it & go full blown socialized govt run healthcare.


Half of our govt officials did not stand or applaud when our POTUS said 'the US will NEVER become socialist' at the state of the union!! WTH does this tell you. How can this green bill be of any serious consideration to anyone with half a brain & yet all the current dem potus hopefuls are OK with it?? They want to end the gas / oil & nuclear industries without a viable alternative in a 10yr window?? You think John Deere or International is going to make an electric tractor / rig to get our groceries out of the ground & distributed. I bet Russia is going to love our electric tanks & fighter jets.

It's asinine we are even having to discuss such a dim witted proposal...you really gotta laugh as taking it with any sort of actual possibility is too much to fathom. What the hell is going on with our country??


When asked how to pay for this AOC was quoted to have saying "we'll print more money".


I keep telling myself that thereís no way the people of America could fall for this and vote for people this far left. But then again, we may just be at the tipping point of losing our country. This is not an overnight plan from the left. What we are seeing is 50-60 years In the making. This push to communism has been a long term goal that started in the 60s. And here we are. I hate to think this way, but it may be too late to take our country back at the ballot box alone.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 09:10 PM   #62
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young
 
Johnny Dangerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now
Default

Talked to a fellow 30 miles east of Portland today. He is mad. Around 45% of Oregon is red and 55% blue. Ninety percent of the state is red with one large city voting them down. It's getting old..........
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 09:22 PM   #63
Coup de Grace
Pope & Young
 
Coup de Grace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Willis Texas
Hunt In: Trophy Hunting.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
Which would be a better source for comedy gaffes, general awkwardness, and incompetence?

Beto/Ocasio 2020
or
Biden/Ocasio 2020
I bet the Dems on here are happy with that all star line they have.
Coup de Grace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 10:26 PM   #64
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

AOC will not be on the 2020 ticket...you have to be 35yrs old to qualify for potus which takes her out of the picture for even VP & speaker as she is only 29. Hard to believe this idiot was born a year after I graduated from HS!! MSM is giving her way too much credibility & airtime. Im hoping she continues to trip over her tongue and fall on her face to knock out the horse teeth. This chick is really spooky& doesn't need a cult like following the MSM is helping with.

We are so so screwed...our founding fathers were brilliant but they messed up in two areas.

~ALL elected public servants need term limits regardless of municipal, county, state or national.

~you are not eligible to vote unless you own property and/or pay taxes. Those on any public assistance / dependents via the help from the working American taxpayer should not be able to vote into power the very people who make laws that encourage them to stay in the dependent condition!! If you are living in govt housing & eating with food stamps paid for by those of us that work to do the same, should not have a privilege to vote in a politician so willing to pass laws to take even more $$$$ out of my check to give you more free crap!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 10:29 PM   #65
NelsonV
Ten Point
 
NelsonV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northeast Texas
Hunt In: Grayson & Hunt County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
I swear, she's like the cheerleader running for 8th grade student council president .


Donít insult cheerleaders like that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NelsonV is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 10:57 PM   #66
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
AOC will not be on the 2020 ticket...you have to be 35yrs old to qualify for potus which takes her out of the picture for even VP & speaker as she is only 29. Hard to believe this idiot was born a year after I graduated from HS!! MSM is giving her way too much credibility & airtime. Im hoping she continues to trip over her tongue and fall on her face to knock out the horse teeth. This chick is really spooky& doesn't need a cult like following the MSM is helping with.

We are so so screwed...our founding fathers were brilliant but they messed up in two areas.

~ALL elected public servants need term limits regardless of municipal, county, state or national.

~you are not eligible to vote unless you own property and/or pay taxes. Those on any public assistance / dependents via the help from the working American taxpayer should not be able to vote into power the very people who make laws that encourage them to stay in the dependent condition!! If you are living in govt housing & eating with food stamps paid for by those of us that work to do the same, should not have a privilege to vote in a politician so willing to pass laws to take even more $$$$ out of my check to give you more free crap!!
In defense of the founding fatherís they never envisioned a society of public dependents, they assumed Americans would forge their own way, thus paying their own way
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 10:59 PM   #67
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Beto/Ocasio
we could only wish! wowowowow. what an arse whoopin' that would be.

for aoc / beto.
stickerpatch59 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2019, 09:00 AM   #68
Barrett
Ten Point
 
Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Austin
Hunt In: Tarpley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
In defense of the founding fatherís they never envisioned a society of public dependents, they assumed Americans would forge their own way, thus paying their own way
https://www.heritage.org/poverty-and...rican-founding
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #69
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Great Read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2019, 11:31 AM   #70
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Good read, but this is basically what I meant. Public assistance was for the poor who A) were not able bodied, B) didnít have family. Todayís public assistance does not take either of those into account.

I certainly like the idea of public assistance at the county level rather than federal or state, as well as the concept of ďpoorhouseĒ where public works were expected in exchange for public assistance.

Can you imagine if we filled government payroll spots with those on welfare. We could lower our govt operating expense AND reduced our welfare budget?
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #71
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
No way Ocasio would settle for 2nd billing. She will wait until she can be at the top of the ticket. I would love to see Beto have to debate Trump. Trump will wipe the floor with him.
She'll also have to wait until she's 35
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2019, 10:45 PM   #72
Capt.Brown
Ten Point
 
Capt.Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Burnet
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
True
As much as it pains me.... I agree
Capt.Brown is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com