Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default Why is Nancy Pelosi trying to prevent the State of the Union address?

What is her reason behind it? Well what is she telling the public her reason is? Can she keep the POTUS from giving the address?
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 12:36 PM   #2
Puggy625
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: TX, KS
Default

She's a Dim, and it's Trump. Need anymore explanation?
Puggy625 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

She is scared people will agree with Trump

"Build the wall and crime will fall"
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 12:40 PM   #4
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young
 
Hoggslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manvel, TX
Hunt In: Open to Offers
Default

She doesn't want him to give the address because it would put the democratic party in a bad light. Trump would have the momentum going into negotiations. That's the real reason.
Hoggslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 12:43 PM   #5
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
She doesn't want him to give the address because it would put the democratic party in a bad light. Trump would have the momentum going into negotiations. That's the real reason.
Nailed it.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #6
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

I don't think she can stop him from giving one, can she?
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 12:47 PM   #7
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
I don't think she can stop him from giving one, can she?
No. But she doesn't want to have to sit behind him on live national TV while he makes the case for protecting the border to the American people.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 12:54 PM   #8
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
I don't think she can stop him from giving one, can she?
She can ask nicely...thats about it.
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 01:12 PM   #9
Lynn21
Ten Point
 
Lynn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mesquite,texas
Hunt In: Childress, Tx
Default

Because she’s an ignorant moron.
Lynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 01:16 PM   #10
Walker
Ten Point
 
Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Default

If you guys havent figured it out in 2 years I will put it in simple terms. If Trump says up, Dems say down. If Trump says left, Dems say right. And its not going to change.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 01:33 PM   #11
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

I don't understand it either - just a political pandering show starring that ridiculous woman.
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 01:47 PM   #12
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

Well I've heard reports of Trump giving the address from the Senate or the White House instead of addressing all the members of Congress, as is the tradition.

Does Pelosi have the key to the front door, and is refusing to let anyone in or what? I understand she hates the POTUS, but can she really force him to give the SOTU address somewhere else?




We all know Democrats hate Trump. Y'all can save those obvious comments.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 01:59 PM   #13
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

What can she legally do?
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 02:14 PM   #14
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Well I've heard reports of Trump giving the address from the Senate or the White House instead of addressing all the members of Congress, as is the tradition.

Does Pelosi have the key to the front door, and is refusing to let anyone in or what? I understand she hates the POTUS, but can she really force him to give the SOTU address somewhere else?




We all know Democrats hate Trump. Y'all can save those obvious comments.
The President isnt allowed in the House unless invited, so yes as Speaker she can keep him out. The Senate could invite him to address them or he can give the SOTU anywhere he chooses.
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 02:17 PM   #15
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

I really think it is because they dont want to show Ruthie dead on national TV.
Attached Images
 
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 02:27 PM   #16
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
The President isnt allowed in the House unless invited, so yes as Speaker she can keep him out. The Senate could invite him to address them or he can give the SOTU anywhere he chooses.


Thanks. That's what I assumed, but I wanted to be sure. I've heard her say he needed to postpone the address for security reasons. That was when he was leaving the Country for 10 days. The POTUS changed her plans

I'm curious what her reasoning will be now if she still refused to allow him to give the address. It would be nice if she would just say she hates his guts and doesn't want him anywhere near Washington.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 02:57 PM   #17
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

She had already given him an invitation prior to her asking that he postpone. Whether or not she can rescind I don't know.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 02:59 PM   #18
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Well, it looks like she has in fact rescinded.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-union-address
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 03:00 PM   #19
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

She just announced the President is not invited as long as the Government is shutdown
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 03:12 PM   #20
BigWes
Eight Point
 
BigWes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Spring, TX
Hunt In: Grimes County
Default

My understanding is that it's not so much that she is rescinding the invitation as the fact that there has to be a joint resolution from both chambers to let him give the address there in front of all of them. Therefore even if the Senate passes a resolution to have him speak, she can refuse to bring the House resolution to the floor to even be voted on.
BigWes is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #21
Russ79
Ten Point
 
Russ79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nacogdoches, Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches county, San Augustine county, Beaufort county NC
Default

Shane nailed it.
Russ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 04:18 PM   #22
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
No. But she doesn't want to have to sit behind him on live national TV while he makes the case for protecting the border to the American people.


That's gonna be quality tv watching!
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 04:28 PM   #23
JonBoy
Ten Point
 
JonBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: Mason, TX; Doss, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
I don't think she can stop him from giving one, can she?
Actually, contrary to the opinions above, she can.

The President can enter the Capitol building without permission, and according to the 115th Congress' rules (the 116th Congress' rules haven't been read in yet), the Speaker is unable to entertain any motions that would strike down the clause allowing the POTUS access to the Hall of the House. So Trump can enter the House without an invite.

That's where it stops. The House is governed by parliamentary procedure, and without express permission from Pelosi, Trump cannot start giving a speech in the House without violating procedure.

Now, if he were to persist and speak out of order, we would have an interesting Constitutional dilemma at hand, because theoretically, the two Sergeant at Arms (both House and Senate) are the only people to have the Constitutional authority to physically detain a sitting President. That should play REAL well with the Secret Service.

Last edited by JonBoy; 01-23-2019 at 04:36 PM.
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 04:51 PM   #24
kck
Ten Point
 
kck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: La Grange, TX
Hunt In: Fayette, Colorado and Webb County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
Actually, contrary to the opinions above, she can.

The President can enter the Capitol building without permission, and according to the 115th Congress' rules (the 116th Congress' rules haven't been read in yet), the Speaker is unable to entertain any motions that would strike down the clause allowing the POTUS access to the Hall of the House. So Trump can enter the House without an invite.

That's where it stops. The House is governed by parliamentary procedure, and without express permission from Pelosi, Trump cannot start giving a speech in the House without violating procedure.

Now, if he were to persist and speak out of order, we would have an interesting Constitutional dilemma at hand, because theoretically, the two Sergeant at Arms (both House and Senate) are the only people to have the Constitutional authority to physically detain a sitting President. That should play REAL well with the Secret Service.
These procedures I did not know about but, holy ****, can you imagine?!
kck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #25
brokeno
Ten Point
 
brokeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Smiley, Texas
Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere
Default

Because she is a sinile idiot
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #26
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
I really think it is because they dont want to show Ruthie dead on national TV.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 10:25 PM   #27
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

It’s all theater, and nothing more. Mark my words. The government will no longer be shut down, the wall partially funded and DACA extended and the A S S & the pachyderm will parade their “victory” on national tv. None of them will forfeit that much tv exposure.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 10:34 PM   #28
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Because of this.. She doesn't want Trump to have the national spot because she is scared..



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 10:37 PM   #29
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
It’s all theater, and nothing more. Mark my words. The government will no longer be shut down, the wall partially funded and DACA extended and the A S S & the pachyderm will parade their “victory” on national tv. None of them will forfeit that much tv exposure.
Words marked.
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 12:52 AM   #30
Killer
Ten Point
 
Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Powderly, TX
Hunt In: God's green earth
Default

Trump announced that he would delay the state of the union speak until after the government shut down was over. This was reported on FOX tonight
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 08:10 AM   #31
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

They simply cannot afford to let let Trump have any win...its all about 2020...
Its not about a wall, security, crime...2020

I think the majority of Americans see right through this, especially independents
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 08:26 AM   #32
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
They simply cannot afford to let let Trump have any win...its all about 2020...
Its not about a wall, security, crime...2020

I think the majority of Americans see right through this, especially independents
This exactly.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 08:45 AM   #33
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Trump announced that he would delay the state of the union speak until after the government shut down was over. This was reported on FOX tonight
Smart move. Now the shut down is squarely on the backs of the democrats. Check.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 10:06 AM   #34
BigYoung
Six Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St. John Parish,LA
Hunt In: Freestone County TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Because of this.. She doesn't want Trump to have the national spot because she is scared..



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love this!
BigYoung is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 10:09 AM   #35
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

I wonder who government workers who are not getting paid will vote for in the next election

The media puts the blame squarely on Trump
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 10:12 AM   #36
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
I wonder who government workers who are not getting paid will vote for in the next election

The media puts the blame squarely on Trump
Trump
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 12:25 PM   #37
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
I wonder who government workers who are not getting paid will vote for in the next election

The media puts the blame squarely on Trump
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...-be-fake-false
https://deadline.com/2018/06/fake-ne...te-1202414504/

Looks like most folks don't trust what the MSM puts out. Most will see the truth.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 03:02 PM   #38
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

I can't believe he caved. He should uphold his Constitutionally-required duty to provide a SOTU report. He should make the case for protecting the border directly to the American people. Doing all of that would reinforce the fact that the Dems are responsible for the failure to get a budget passed and reopen the government. Caving just looks like he's ceding power to Pelosi. Wrong move.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #39
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I can't believe he caved. He should uphold his Constitutionally-required duty to provide a SOTU report. He should make the case for protecting the border directly to the American people. Doing all of that would reinforce the fact that the Dems are responsible for the failure to get a budget passed and reopen the government. Caving just looks like he's ceding power to Pelosi. Wrong move.
He is only obligated, constitutionally speaking, to occasionally give a state of the union address. And even then he can write a letter and send it to congress, it’s not required to be a big **** prime time special carried on all the major networks.

I still think it’s all for show. I think come next Tuesday we have an agreement and the the sotu goes on.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 03:15 PM   #40
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post

Now, if he were to persist and speak out of order, we would have an interesting Constitutional dilemma at hand, because theoretically, the two Sergeant at Arms (both House and Senate) are the only people to have the Constitutional authority to physically detain a sitting President. That should play REAL well with the Secret Service.
You mean the secret service who are currently protecting him and not getting paid to do so? They might not move an inch to stop the Sarge at arms, depends on how desperate they are to get paid again. Surely Donald is smart enough to “take care” of his personal protectors.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 03:18 PM   #41
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I can't believe he caved. He should uphold his Constitutionally-required duty to provide a SOTU report. He should make the case for protecting the border directly to the American people. Doing all of that would reinforce the fact that the Dems are responsible for the failure to get a budget passed and reopen the government. Caving just looks like he's ceding power to Pelosi. Wrong move.
Unfortunatley he has caved over and over and over. The wall went from 2,000 miles of CONCRETE down to 580 miles of FENCE and now I'm hearing it's down to less than 300 miles of "fence"... Not near what I voted for..
The poor guy is playing against a stacked deck on both sides.. He won't get much accomplished. The deep state is not going to let him..

But in the mean time it is now perfectly legal to murder full grown, 9 month old, babies in the state of New York.. And we thought Barry allowing men into women's restrooms was bad.. GOD help us all...
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #42
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default Why is Nancy Pelosi trying to prevent the State of the Union address?

And watch them celebrate and let that sink in.. Pure EVIL.. It's sickening..
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...the-super-bowl


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 04:18 PM   #43
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Unfortunatley he has caved over and over and over. The wall went from 2,000 miles of CONCRETE down to 580 miles of FENCE and now I'm hearing it's down to less than 300 miles of "fence"... Not near what I voted for..
The poor guy is playing against a stacked deck on both sides.. He won't get much accomplished. The deep state is not going to let him..

But in the mean time it is now perfectly legal to murder full grown, 9 month old, babies in the state of New York.. And we thought Barry allowing men into women's restrooms was bad.. GOD help us all...
Yes sir. Lots of evil in this world.

Trump has done more good things than I expected him to, so I'm happy overall. I still don't like his style of getting those things done. His ego-centric brashness (being kind) is unnecessary. But at least he's doing some good things. He's definitely caved on lots of things too. I expected him to do more of that. So at least I've been surprised on the positive side. Still hate to see it when he caves though.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 04:22 PM   #44
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Yes sir. Lots of evil in this world.

Trump has done more good things than I expected him to, so I'm happy overall. I still don't like his style of getting those things done. His ego-centric brashness (being kind) is unnecessary. But at least he's doing some good things. He's definitely caved on lots of things too. I expected him to do more of that. So at least I've been surprised on the positive side. Still hate to see it when he caves though.
Yes the Supreme Court was a major accomplishment.. And I have to keep reminding myself how bad off we would be if the other side had won...
Thank GOD for Donald Trump!!!
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 04:58 PM   #45
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
But in the mean time it is now perfectly legal to murder full grown, 9 month old, babies in the state of New York.. And we thought Barry allowing men into women's restrooms was bad.. GOD help us all...
Yeah that one came outta left field? I am pro-choice....but 9 months?
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 05:12 PM   #46
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Yeah that one came outta left field? I am pro-choice....but 9 months?
Your situation is a perfect example of why a person has to stand firm in what you believe... Not being so can lead a person into waters they themselves are not comfortable with... If we give the liberal left of today an inch on anything they will take a mile.. They have no boundaries or moral compass.... Be careful...'
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 05:20 PM   #47
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Your situation is a perfect example of why a person has to stand firm in what you believe... Not being so can lead a person into waters they themselves are not comfortable with... If we give the liberal left of today an inch on anything they will take a mile.. They have no boundaries or moral compass.... Be careful...'
I agree.
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 05:44 PM   #48
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

And just like that they are starting to “work things out.” Trump says now a large down payment on the wall will suffice, and Donna Brazile says Pelosi is working on a counter offer...
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 06:03 PM   #49
donpablo
Ten Point
 
donpablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Odessa
Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default

I wonder if you asked BP agents how the $ being requested for the wall would best be used to secure our borders what they would say (if increased pay was off the table of course ). I'm going to see the in-laws this weekend and a whole lot of them are active or retired BP. I'll report back.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 08:41 PM   #50
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Unfortunatley he has caved over and over and over. The wall went from 2,000 miles of CONCRETE down to 580 miles of FENCE and now I'm hearing it's down to less than 300 miles of "fence"... Not near what I voted for..
The poor guy is playing against a stacked deck on both sides.. He won't get much accomplished. The deep state is not going to let him..

But in the mean time it is now perfectly legal to murder full grown, 9 month old, babies in the state of New York.. And we thought Barry allowing men into women's restrooms was bad.. GOD help us all...
yeah, it's ok to kill a baby right before it's to be born; but immoral to have the death penalty for a serial killer and such.

WTH is wrong with these people???
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com