Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 01-09-2019, 03:21 PM   #51
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...g-might-return

Holding out until they can find her doppleganger
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2019, 03:44 PM   #52
100%TtId
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...g-might-return

Holding out until they can find her doppleganger
Hillary had at least 3.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2019, 06:19 PM   #53
sqiggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Panola Co and Robertson Co

I have a niece that is a RN, think she got her degree for a PA as well. Had a aunt come down with breast cancer. It ended up moving to her lungs. My niece said once it gets to the lungs, then it's just a matter of time. 6 months later, she passed.
RBG has cancer in the lung. With the special treatment she's getting, I'll give her a year or less.
sqiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2019, 06:35 PM   #54
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

NO.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 07:20 AM   #55
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Filming has already started for the new movie "Weekend at Ruthies".
Will she play herself?
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 07:45 AM   #56
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Surely there is a provision that allows for the replacement of a justice whose health prevents their execution of duty, even if only a temporary or emergency replacement
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 07:47 AM   #57
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

I would love to be able to see what liberals are planning/plotting/paying to keep her there until Trump gets out of office.

There's no telling what's going on.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #58
Man
Pope & Young

They are probably doing everything they can to keep attention and media off of her as long as possible. If this goes on any longer I wonder which judge will stand up and speak out first?
Old 01-10-2019, 03:22 PM   #59
diamond10x
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
I would love to be able to see what liberals are planning/plotting/paying to keep her there until Trump gets out of office.

There's no telling what's going on.
I bet it would blow our minds... I wouldnít be surprised they claim sheís fit for the job even after sheís passed and they set her up in her chair and her head falls off and rolls down the court room floor
diamond10x is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 07:24 AM   #60
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

She's served our country.
Now she needs to step aside because she is impeding progress
It's the right thing for her to do
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2019, 09:14 PM   #61
BowBuddy2
Four Point

She wont she is falling apart

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BowBuddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2019, 09:27 PM   #62
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Over yonder

Says she is in the hospital w/ pneumonia now.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2019, 09:37 PM   #63
hot_rod_eddie
Ten Point

Hunt In: NC, SC

If she was a republican, she would have already been killed.... I mean died.
hot_rod_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2019, 01:15 PM   #64
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

I do not agree with lifetime appointments to the USSC...FOR ANYONE.

But how is she qualified now to be on the court, at that age your mental capacity is diminished, age takes it toll on all cognitive functions, and the brain diminishes. She cannot stay awake during arguments......
Congress should have stood up and recalled her 2 years ago.....

How can she vote on something she didnt listen to the entire arguement?
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2019, 01:27 PM   #65
SB09
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Baylor and Grayson Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

But how is she qualified now to be on the court, at that age your mental capacity is diminished, age takes it toll on all cognitive functions, and the brain diminishes. She cannot stay awake during arguments......

In good faith, she cannot. I don't think it's her decision to stay in the position at this point though.
SB09 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2019, 02:05 PM   #66
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

I agree. Must be some unwritten code the other judges are adhering to because they are remaining very silent on the issue.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:37 PM   #67
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

She should have resigned on Obummer's watch but chose not to for selfish reasons. I hope it comes back to bite the Dems in the butt big time.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2019, 07:52 PM   #68
deano70
Ten Point

Hunt In: clothes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
She should have resigned on Obummer's watch but chose not to for selfish reasons. I hope it comes back to bite the Dems in the butt big time.
this. I don't wish bad things on her just for her to do the right thing. come to think of it, I'd like for all of congress to do the right thing and quit all this selfish bickering and get to leading our country instead of fighting to be the first one to fill up their bank accounts or win an argument. That's elementary school stuff....
deano70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2019, 08:02 PM   #69
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Menard & Kinney County

Quote:
Bingo, she had the opportunity to guarantee this seat remained in her parties hands for a long time.
The need to remain relevant must be part of the mental disorder that plagues many of those Washington Politicians.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2019, 08:28 PM   #70
TXHunter12
Ten Point

Keep in mind I’m sure she was 100% sure Hillary was going to win. Not only that she was confident enough she went public and made negative comments about candidate Trump.
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2019, 08:50 PM   #71
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHunter12 View Post
Keep in mind Iím sure she was 100% sure Hillary was going to win. Not only that she was confident enough she went public and made negative comments about candidate Trump.
She was ill informed.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:39 PM   #72
rtp
Pope & Young

I didnt see RBG at the SOTU address. Did I miss her?
Old 02-05-2019, 11:25 PM   #73
Draco
Pope & Young

The only ones she has ever attended were ones by Democrat presidents. She's not biased or any thing.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2019, 08:51 AM   #74
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Old RBG has always been a cancer on American justice. What goes around comes around.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:01 AM   #75
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA

Pundits are saying that she attended a concert arranged by her DIL to honor RBG, but she sat in the back of the venue and NO pics were taken by anyone! Yea right!

She dead or bed-riden and the MSM is covering hoping Trump will be impeached or removed from office.
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2019, 06:55 AM   #76
CEO
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
Pundits are saying that she attended a concert arranged by her DIL to honor RBG, but she sat in the back of the venue and NO pics were taken by anyone! Yea right!

She dead or bed-riden and the MSM is covering hoping Trump will be impeached or removed from office.
I believe one person tweeted they hugged her at that event but deleted it later. The conspiracy is gaining steam.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2019, 09:15 AM   #77
rtp
Pope & Young

If RBG leaves the court while Trump is in office, no matter what else Trump does, he will have saved this country by getting 3 constitutionalist judges seated. It wont matter what that DB Roberts does. Can you imagine if Hillary would have been elected and stacked the court with 3 additional liberal judges? The demise of our country would have been set.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:24 AM   #78
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post

Been saying it for weeks now. People underestimate the lefts view is the SCOTUS. The SC is their holy grail. Theyre view is they legislate from the bench. Their #1 worry is not trump in office, it is him appointing conservative judges. They will risk it all to avoid another SC appointment by trump.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2019, 12:09 PM   #79
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
If RBG leaves the court while Trump is in office, no matter what else Trump does, he will have saved this country by getting 3 constitutionalist judges seated. It wont matter what that DB Roberts does. Can you imagine if Hillary would have been elected and stacked the court with 3 additional liberal judges? The demise of our country would have been set.
Yep, you're right, but I fear our demise is already set. This just postponed it for a while...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2019, 12:57 PM   #80
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Yep, you're right, but I fear our demise is already set. This just postponed it for a while...
Dang you already pulled out the white flag?
Old 02-07-2019, 01:00 PM   #81
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Been saying it for weeks now. People underestimate the lefts view is the SCOTUS. The SC is their holy grail. Theyre view is they legislate from the bench. Their #1 worry is not trump in office, it is him appointing conservative judges. They will risk it all to avoid another SC appointment by trump.
Lets say RGB is dead or dies in the next 6 month, with a Dem controlled house and narrow majority in a senate filled with establishment Republicans, do you actually think Trump can get a conservative judge approved? I donít think so. I think the Demís return the Scalia favor and delay until after elections so that they can pick a liberal judge.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2019, 01:06 PM   #82
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
I think the Demís return the Scalia favor and delay until after elections so that they can pick a liberal judge.
How can a complete red wave in the next elections put them in a position to pick a liberal judge?
Old 02-07-2019, 02:12 PM   #83
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Lets say RGB is dead or dies in the next 6 month, with a Dem controlled house and narrow majority in a senate filled with establishment Republicans, do you actually think Trump can get a conservative judge approved? I donít think so. I think the Demís return the Scalia favor and delay until after elections so that they can pick a liberal judge.

I completely disagree. Letís make a friendly wager on it. If RBG vacates in the next 12 months another conservative judge will be appointed. Trump isnít going to compromise. This is going to be a huge part of his legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2019, 03:15 PM   #84
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
The House has nothing to do with Federal Judge Appointments. That's part of the Senate's responsibility of Advise and Consent... Senate is a better ratio now than when either previous nominee was approved.

Don't want to wish any "bad" on anyone, but I hope she "retires" today so the process can begin immediately!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2019, 03:23 PM   #85
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
The House has nothing to do with Federal Judge Appointments. That's part of the Senate's responsibility of Advise and Consent... Senate is a better ratio now than when either previous nominee was approved.

Don't want to wish any "bad" on anyone, but I hope she "retires" today so the process can begin immediately!
And, I believe more and more Senate Republicans are seeing the benefit of jumping on the trump train voluntarily instead of being pressed to do so. RBG leaves, Trump will have no problem with his next pick
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2019, 06:50 PM   #86
boy wonder
Ten Point

Hunt In: Albany

Can we submit a writ of habeas corpus? Heavy on the corpse part.......
boy wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 06:57 AM   #87
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Can someone sum up the health issues RBG has had in the last few years? And how old she was at each?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 08:16 AM   #88
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Can someone sum up the health issues RBG has had in the last few years? And how old she was at each?
Health
In 1999, Ginsburg was diagnosed with colon cancer; she underwent surgery that was followed by chemotherapy and radiation therapy. During the process, she did not miss a day on the bench.[110] Ginsburg was physically weakened by the cancer treatment, and she began working with a personal trainer. Since 1999, Bryant Johnson, a former Army reservist attached to the Special Forces, has trained Ginsburg twice weekly in the justices-only gym at the Supreme Court.[111][112] In spite of her small stature, Ginsburg saw her physical fitness improve since her first bout with cancer; she was able to complete 20 push-ups in a session before her 80th birthday.[111][113]

On February 5, 2009, she again underwent surgery, this time for pancreatic cancer.[114][115] Ginsburg had a tumor that was discovered at an early stage.[114] She was released from a New York City hospital on February 13 and returned to the bench when the Supreme Court went back into session on February 23, 2009.[116][117][118] On September 24, 2009, Ginsburg was hospitalized in Washington DC for lightheadedness following an outpatient treatment for iron deficiency and was released the following day.[119]

On November 26, 2014, she had a stent placed in her right coronary artery after experiencing discomfort while exercising in the Supreme Court gym with her personal trainer.[120][121]

On November 8, 2018, she was hospitalized after fracturing three ribs in a fall in her office at the Supreme Court.[122] A day later it was reported that Ginsburg had returned to official judicial work after a day of observation.[123][124] An outpouring of public support followed.[125][126] A CT scan of her ribs following her November 8 fall showed cancerous nodules in her lungs.[127] On December 21, Ginsburg underwent a left-lung lobectomy at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center to remove the nodules.[127] For the first time since joining the Court more than 25 years earlier, Ginsburg missed oral argument in January 2019 while she recuperated.[128]
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2019, 08:27 AM   #89
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

That's proof enough that only the good die young
Old 02-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #90
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Day 38 of Where's Ruth ?

#weekendatBernies
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2019, 09:15 AM   #91
ktjones
Six Point

Hunt In: Centerville

Name:  ruthless.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  77.5 KB
ktjones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2019, 08:19 AM   #92
Capt.Brown
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Roberts hates trump, unless she dies she will not resign, he won’t let her.
Capt.Brown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2019, 09:13 AM   #93
Man
Pope & Young

This is the last article I can find of her existence....and even it leaves much to the imagination.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ry/2774939002/
Old 02-14-2019, 02:35 PM   #94
texasnavy05
Ten Point

Is there a certain time frame that the senate can deny/postpone a nomination? Scalia died 9 months before the 2016 election and that nomination was postponed. Surely, there is some sort of rule about this. Otherwise, the senate could just refuse to allow appointment indefinitely if the senate/president disagree.
texasnavy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2019, 02:58 PM   #95
-HIC-
Ten Point

Hunt In: Willow City & Junction

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
Is there a certain time frame that the senate can deny/postpone a nomination? Scalia died 9 months before the 2016 election and that nomination was postponed. Surely, there is some sort of rule about this. Otherwise, the senate could just refuse to allow appointment indefinitely if the senate/president disagree.
I am not aware of one. Since the Republicans have the majority in the Senate it should not be an issue.
-HIC- is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2019, 03:18 PM   #96
BowBuddy2
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
This is the last article I can find of her existence....and even it leaves much to the imagination.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ry/2774939002/

If anyone thinks that an 85 yo frail women will be able to recover from cancer and surgery to adequately reassume work responsibilities are disillusioned. So there is an article about this as a supreme justice and carrying on duties. I imagine the count down has started.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:19 PM   #97
BowBuddy2
Four Point

BTW there is a picture that is floating around that demonstrates proof the Ruthless is still with us. It has been debunked as photoshopped

Old 02-14-2019, 03:31 PM   #98
texasnavy05
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HIC- View Post
I am not aware of one. Since the Republicans have the majority in the Senate it should not be an issue.
Might be fine this time, but seems like a dangerous precedent to set.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2019, 06:00 PM   #99
-HIC-
Ten Point

Hunt In: Willow City & Junction

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
Might be fine this time, but seems like a dangerous precedent to set.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
It was set by the Dems under Oboma (Nuclear Option). BTW, it is the only way we got Gorsuch and Kavanaugh in.
-HIC- is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2019, 06:16 PM   #100
texasnavy05
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HIC- View Post
It was set by the Dems under Oboma (Nuclear Option). BTW, it is the only way we got Gorsuch and Kavanaugh in.
It's working out in favor this time, but I wouldn't assume it always will.
It seems dangerous to me that the senate that can deny a supreme court appointment to an undefined point. Scalia replacement was denied 9 months before the election. Next time it might be 12. or 15. etc. I'd be fine with saying appointments will be postponed within 9 months of a presidential election. No biggie. But, the line needs to be drawn somewhere.

The POTUS's ability to appoint supreme court justices is IMO the most important thing they can do. And, the senate should not be able to block that outside of a reasonable, predetermined time frame.