Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 01-28-2019, 05:54 PM   #1
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default Prayers For HPD!!!

5 officers shot.. Dangit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2019, 05:58 PM   #2
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Prayers up! Any details on their condition?
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2019, 06:01 PM   #3
Boss Buck
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Stephen Co.

Just saw this on the news just now. No word
On there condition.
Boss Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2019, 06:05 PM   #4
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

2 suspects dead. No word on the officers condition...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2019, 06:10 PM   #5
iammargarette
Four Point

Sending my prayers for these officers.
iammargarette is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2019, 10:55 PM   #6
Draco
Pope & Young

2 officers are in critical and 2 officers are not quite as bad.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2019, 07:22 AM   #7
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Can someone explain why nearly ALL the evidence was released the day after this shootout happened?

Seems like every other shooting and they hold back most information for months if not years.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2019, 08:04 AM   #8
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Can someone explain why nearly ALL the evidence was released the day after this shootout happened?

Seems like every other shooting and they hold back most information for months if not years.

Wasn't this a narcotics warrant? Pretty cut and dry.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2019, 08:49 AM   #9
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:

This thing is sketchy.... They won't release any previous criminal history, and are talking about keeping all evidence private because the officers involved were under cover... People in Houston are very skeptical of this story, some local lawyers are already looking into this. Some people speculate it was the wrong house.. I hope for the officers involved sake that this was a clean raid.
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2019, 09:13 AM   #10
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
This thing is sketchy.... They won't release any previous criminal history, and are talking about keeping all evidence private because the officers involved were under cover... People in Houston are very skeptical of this story, some local lawyers are already looking into this. Some people speculate it was the wrong house.. I hope for the officers involved sake that this was a clean raid.
Thats the area my wife works and she is in the loop....haven't heard this narrative.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2019, 09:15 AM   #11
tps7742
Ten Point

Hunt In: East tx

Prayers sent up.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2019, 09:20 AM   #12
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca County

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
Most of those "skeptics" are those who are anti-police anyways & are always screaming for "police transparency", all the while forgetting this is still an active investigation & Facebook has nothing to do with out judicial system...

Criminal history? Reports so far are, neither had any previous convictions; but that does not translate to innocent...

Hell, I'm hearing the woman was "shot in cold blood"....ummm, sure...while she was going for an injured officer's shot gun.

Or why shoot the poor family pet?...I guess they are referring to the pitbull that was attacking the officer who was first to breach...

LOL or how there were no drugs located in the residents...aside from the MJ & bag of meth..but no REAL drugs where located, thus there is no way they could have previously been selling dope...

Not to mention it HAD to be the wrong house, because this was a "phoned in tip from a neighbor" & that's why HPD "just showed up to raid the house"...not the one undercover officers bought black tar from several times...pretty sure if I call in a tip to 911, HPD isn't going to show up that night accompanied with SWAT & a warrant...

etc...etc...etc...

Last edited by Crazy Horse; 01-30-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2019, 09:28 AM   #13
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Inside the home, police found marijuana and a white, powdery substance that could be cocaine or fentanyl. Two shotguns and a rifle were also found inside the home.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/01/29/...-drug-warrant/

Did they not find heroin inside?

The cops where there for a heroin warrant, did they not have a drug testing kit? None of them. Just seems odd they are calling out a powdery substance, like it has a much probability as being koolaide as it does heroin.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2019, 09:46 AM   #14
fishinguy
Four Point

This sounds more and more like a no-knock raid gone wrong, could be wrong but neighbors that have been interviewed say there is no traffic at that house.

However the police said they made a buy at the house the again no drugs similar to those bought were found. Sounds weird but we will see what new details come out. I'd prefer to see all the facts come out before making a decision.

I'm praying the officers recover 100% from their injuries. Terrible situation.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2019, 09:50 AM   #15
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinguy View Post
This sounds more and more like a no-knock raid gone wrong, could be wrong but neighbors that have been interviewed say there is no traffic at that house.

However the police said they made a buy at the house the again no drugs similar to those bought were found. Sounds weird but we will see what new details come out. I'd prefer to see all the facts come out before making a decision.

I'm praying the officers recover 100% from their injuries. Terrible situation.
Come again?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2019, 10:02 AM   #16
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

At this point I'm just glad they were white folk and I know HPD is too..
I can't imagine..
Old 01-30-2019, 10:53 AM   #17
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Questions.

1. Why wouldn't an officer or two (or 3) be wearing a body camera?
2. How does one guy with a revolver hit 5 officers before being taken down?
Old 01-30-2019, 10:55 AM   #18
batmaninja
Ten Point

The drug lords house. Had lived their 20+ years, and had a homestead on it. Not your typical flop house for sure.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2019, 11:24 AM   #19
jer_james
Pope & Young

Hoping for the best for the Officers. Tough ordeal to have to go through. Good luck to them!
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2019, 11:29 AM   #20
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca County

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
The drug lords house. Had lived their 20+ years, and had a homestead on it. Not your typical flop house for sure.
yep...happens more than we know.

Police bust meth lab in wealthy Fort Worth neighborhood
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...221038440.html

Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2019, 09:05 AM   #21
fishinguy
Four Point

Well we know now it was a no-knock warrant involving undercover officers. Honestly how are you supposed to know it is police when they kick open the door without warning and immediately shoot your dog and wife?

However they are saying that there were two buys made at the house. I am interested if the person they bought from was the same guy that was involved in the shooting.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2019, 10:18 AM   #22
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinguy View Post
Well we know now it was a no-knock warrant involving undercover officers. Honestly how are you supposed to know it is police when they kick open the door without warning and immediately shoot your dog and wife?
My mind is starting to ponder on this whole incident and how it went down. Lot of neighbors are starting to speak.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2019, 11:00 AM   #23
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
My mind is starting to ponder on this whole incident and how it went down. Lot of neighbors are starting to speak.
We all know somethings not right. No matter what (obviously) it's a bad deal when officers get shot. But when they released so much info just 16 hours after the shooting I knew something smelled fishy. I just hope it's nothing really stupid bad that will put a negative image on LEOs
Old 02-19-2019, 07:32 AM   #24
Barrett
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tarpley

Looks like the lead officer may have lied in obtaining the warrant. Whoops. Terrible for ALL involved here.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2019, 02:30 PM   #25
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Looks like the lead officer may have lied in obtaining the warrant. Whoops. Terrible for ALL involved here.
Yea that Gerald Goines is a bad actor.... Bad cop.. This is a very bad deal... Lies were told and innocent folks died..
It almost appears that somebody wanted these folks dead.. A hit. What else could explain it??
Old 02-20-2019, 07:05 PM   #26
Dejashoot
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Brackettville and Brazoria

I just saw some info on this. Crazy stuff. The original thread had some interesting rebuttals from some folks on here. Interested to hear their thoughts now.
Dejashoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2019, 07:11 PM   #27
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Just what the city needed a HUGE cluster muck! Prayers for all caught in the middle of this one.......OUCH!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2019, 09:54 PM   #28
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Over yonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
yep...happens more than we know.

Police bust meth lab in wealthy Fort Worth neighborhood
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...221038440.html

That’s not a “wealthy neighborhood”. Looks like a $200K History Maker home.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2019, 10:53 PM   #29
Lungbustr
Pope & Young

https://www.click2houston.com/news/1...to-be-reviewed

Nice little article on the corrupt cop that got shot in the neck.

I like how he gets caught multiple times riding around with unlogged dope in his vehicle. That way if he needs to throw it down on someone for prefabbed evidence he has it available.

He got caught with some in his vehicle after he got shot. I guess the thin blue line came in handy though after he got shot and helped him out with what they were carrying around.

So much for policing your own. I'm curious how the guy was still a cop. Surely his fellow officers knew he was dirty. Is that typical to ride around with dope that isn't accounted for as a police officers? Is there no laws governing that?
Lungbustr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2019, 11:44 PM   #30
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungbustr View Post
https://www.click2houston.com/news/1...to-be-reviewed

Nice little article on the corrupt cop that got shot in the neck.

I like how he gets caught multiple times riding around with unlogged dope in his vehicle. That way if he needs to throw it down on someone for prefabbed evidence he has it available.

He got caught with some in his vehicle after he got shot. I guess the thin blue line came in handy though after he got shot and helped him out with what they were carrying around.

So much for policing your own. I'm curious how the guy was still a cop. Surely his fellow officers knew he was dirty. Is that typical to ride around with dope that isn't accounted for as a police officers? Is there no laws governing that?
I have no problem with LEOs doing what they have to do to catch the bad guys. I realize that some things have to be done at times to reel in the criminals(BAD GUYS) I think playing a little dirty has its place..... It's when innocent people start getting caught up int and even killed is were I draw the line...
Old 02-21-2019, 12:03 AM   #31
TXHunter12
Ten Point

It is a bad policy to allow one officer to be able to go to a judge and obtain a no knock raid warrant on a citizen’s house. The people in charge of that policy are also responsible.
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2019, 12:10 AM   #32
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHunter12 View Post
It is a bad policy to allow one officer to be able to go to a judge and obtain a no knock raid warrant on a citizen’s house. The people in charge of that policy are also responsible.
Yea you would think it would be a little more red tape and a whole bunch of signatures involved in obtaining something such as that..
Old 02-21-2019, 07:57 AM   #33
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Yea you would think it would be a little more red tape and a whole bunch of signatures involved in obtaining something such as that..
Kind of like FISA court?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2019, 08:36 AM   #34
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yea that Gerald Goines is a bad actor.... Bad cop.. This is a very bad deal... Lies were told and innocent folks died..
It almost appears that somebody wanted these folks dead.. A hit. What else could explain it??
I wouldn't go that far. IMO it was a screw up... The BAD part is IMO the department up to the top tried to cover it up from the beginning. Just MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejashoot View Post
I just saw some info on this. Crazy stuff. The original thread had some interesting rebuttals from some folks on here. Interested to hear their thoughts now.
They had every angle covered why it was a good bust. I understand supporting your own but this one stunk so bad from the first hour it happened I was surprised most swore it was a good bust..Up until now which is crickets.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:42 AM   #35
MadHatter
Ten Point

Quote:
I have no problem with LEOs doing what they have to do to catch the bad guys. I realize that some things have to be done at times to reel in the criminals(BAD GUYS) I think playing a little dirty has its place..... It's when innocent people start getting caught up int and even killed is were I draw the line...
And since your never innocent to a cop, your theory seems like a bad idea. Just gives them the ability to put something on you just because. I'm not putting my trust in a cops morals, for anything in the world.

"Is that typical to ride around with dope that isn't accounted for as a police officers? Is there no laws governing that?"

Yes sir, guns too. You should see the gun collections of some Sheriffs, never cost em a dime. 15 yrs outa office, still gives guns away left and right, like he has a never ending supply. Not a drug dealer alive that shows up to court and is gonna say something when no gun charges pop up. "Excuse me judge, I had a couple guns along with dope, but I hear no mention of it"
And nobody says a word. That thin blue line gets wide and shelters the good and bad, when it comes to your own.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2019, 12:27 PM   #36
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Quote:
One of the most ignorant posts I've ever read on here.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:54 PM   #37
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
Why is it ignorant? Do you not see how lop-sided the system is towards the bad guys? I'm all for giving people a fair trial but a lot of these mistrials or cases where evidence is thrown out is straight up stupid.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:10 PM   #38
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
You obviously know nothing about how the world of policing narcotics works, the types of people that LEO's have to deal with in that business and the dangers involved but thats ok.. You just keep wearing your rose colored glasses and stay in your safe space.. The Cops will protect you..
Old 02-22-2019, 02:12 PM   #39
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Why is it ignorant? Do you not see how lop-sided the system is towards the bad guys? I'm all for giving people a fair trial but a lot of these mistrials or cases where evidence is thrown out is straight up stupid.
It is intentionally set up that way to avoid incarceration of innocent people.

I would rather 100,000 criminals walk free than 1 innocent man sit in prison. I can protect what is mine myself. The Government and Judicial system were set up to promote freedom, not safety. The topic of this thread is a pretty solid reminder of why you cannot allow Law Enforcement to bend the rules.

There has to be clear cut rules in the process to help nullify human subjectivity and bias.

Now, that isn't to say the judicial system isn't over run with bleeding heart judges with an agenda. Or on the other hand how stupid drug charges are maliciously prosecuted. But that's a whole other conversation.

Last edited by Clay C; 02-22-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:24 PM   #40
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
It is intentionally set up that way to avoid incarceration of innocent people.

I would rather 100,000 criminals walk free than 1 innocent man sit in prison. I can protect what is mine myself. The Government and Judicial system were set up to promote freedom, not safety. The topic of this thread is a pretty solid reminder of why you cannot allow Law Enforcement to bend the rules.

There has to be clear cut rules in the process to help nullify human subjectivity and bias.

Now, that isn't to say the judicial system isn't over run with bleeding heart judges with an agenda. Or on the other hand how stupid drug charges are maliciously prosecuted. But that's a whole other conversation.

You can't have a system where the bad guys(criminals)are allowed to operate in 50 shades of grey and then expect our LEO's to operate strictly in the black or white.. It just doesn't work that way... Unfortunately that is where we are heading and we are almost there and that's exactly why things are as bad as they are today... The entire system stacks the deck in the criminals favor.. Any time a LEO pins a badge on, he or she is automatically playing against a stacked deck!!! I can't imagine that stress..
Old 02-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #41
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
You can't have a system where the bad guys(criminals)are allowed to operate in 50 shades of grey and then expect our LEO's to operate strictly in the black or white.. It just doesn't work that way... Unfortunately that is where we are heading and we are almost there and that's exactly why things are as bad as they are today... The entire system stacks the deck in the criminals favor.. Any time a LEO pins a badge on, he or she is automatically playing against a stacked deck!!! I can't imagine that stress..

Criminals by definition operate in the grey. The LEO's job is to arrest people they catch breaking the law. It is an incredibly stressful and difficult job. That does not give them the right to work outside of the laws they are there to enforce.

The entire system ,by design, stacks the decks in the defendants favor. Yes it can be incredibly frustrating sometimes watching obvious scumbags go free, but it is like that for a reason. No single person has the right to decide someones guilt until a fair trial has been given. Playing outside the rules to catch your man is basically saying "I know this guy is guilty, so the ends justify the means". The topic of this thread is a prime example as to why that is not okay.

Again, I'm not saying it's a perfect system. Or that it couldn't use some changes. I'm just a big believer in a criminal justice system being wary of locking up an innocent person.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #42
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Criminals by definition operate in the grey. The LEO's job is to arrest people they catch breaking the law. It is an incredibly stressful and difficult job. That does not give them the right to work outside of the laws they are there to enforce.

The entire system ,by design, stacks the decks in the defendants favor. Yes it can be incredibly frustrating sometimes watching obvious scumbags go free, but it is like that for a reason. No single person has the right to decide someones guilt until a fair trial has been given. Playing outside the rules to catch your man is basically saying "I know this guy is guilty, so the ends justify the means". The topic of this thread is a prime example as to why that is not okay.

Again, I'm not saying it's a perfect system. Or that it couldn't use some changes. I'm just a big believer in a criminal justice system being wary of locking up an innocent person.
Scumbags continually going free is what turns good cops into cops that are willing to push the envelope.. There is a very fine line between doing what has to be done to rid society of these parasites and going to far.. I could not be a cop!!

But yes In this particular situation folks went to far. Way to far..
Old 02-22-2019, 03:05 PM   #43
batmaninja
Ten Point

The selective enforcement of laws is the problem in my opinion.

A very close second, is lawyers. Their job is to make is to blur the lines between between black and white.

Over 70% of the worlds lawyers live in the U.S.

The U.S. has over 900,000 lawyers !

Thats one lawyer for every 300 Americans.

Washington D.C. boasts 1 lawyer for every 22 people!

Number of Law Students Enrolled :125,000

Number of New Lawyers every year : 40,000
Old 02-22-2019, 03:12 PM   #44
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Scumbags continually going free is what turns good cops into cops that are willing to push the envelope.. There is a very fine line between doing what has to be done to rid society of these parasites and going to far.. I could not be a cop!!

But yes In this particular situation folks went to far. Way to far..
What if in this case they would have lied to get the warrant(s), kicked in the door, went in and found kilos of heroin on the table ready to be distributed, arrested the dealers and everyone went home happy?

It's only too far when the outcome hits the fans. At that point it is too late.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:24 PM   #45
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
What if in this case they would have lied to get the warrant(s), kicked in the door, went in and found kilos of heroin on the table ready to be distributed, arrested the dealers and everyone went home happy?

It's only too far when the outcome hits the fans. At that point it is too late.
Well like I said "I could not be a cop".... I believe when the garbage can is full it needs to be disposed of.. By whom and how I do not care. Just get it done..
Old 02-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #46
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
The selective enforcement of laws is the problem in my opinion.

A very close second, is lawyers. Their job is to make is to blur the lines between between black and white.

Over 70% of the worlds lawyers live in the U.S.

The U.S. has over 900,000 lawyers !

Thats one lawyer for every 300 Americans.

Washington D.C. boasts 1 lawyer for every 22 people!

Number of Law Students Enrolled :125,000

Number of New Lawyers every year : 40,000
Now your on to the real problem..
Old 02-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #47
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Quote:
You obviously know nothing about how the world of policing narcotics works, the types of people that LEO's have to deal with in that business and the dangers involved but thats ok.. You just keep wearing your rose colored glasses and stay in your safe space.. The Cops will protect you..
I work in the real world & see what they deal with on a daily basis. Do you?
Rose colored glasses & safe space my ***. You don't know who I am, what I do or what I've done so keep your childish insults to yourself.

Once cops are allowed to bend the rules, innocent people become guilty. How do you not see that? What if there was a local LEO that hated you for some odd reason. He pulls you over, throws some dope on your floorboard & BAM! You're going to jail for possession of a narcotic. That'd be okay with you?
Old 02-23-2019, 10:24 AM   #48
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
I work in the real world & see what they deal with on a daily basis. Do you?
Rose colored glasses & safe space my ***. You don't know who I am, what I do or what I've done so keep your childish insults to yourself.

Once cops are allowed to bend the rules, innocent people become guilty. How do you not see that? What if there was a local LEO that hated you for some odd reason. He pulls you over, throws some dope on your floorboard & BAM! You're going to jail for possession of a narcotic. That'd be okay with you?
You threw the first stone captain...
So how many "innocent people" do you know that have been set up by cops? Just curious because that sounds like a CNN talking point. In my 53 years I know exactly 0..
Old 02-23-2019, 10:51 AM   #49
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Quote:
You threw the first stone captain...
So how many "innocent people" do you know that have been set up by cops? Just curious because that sounds like a CNN talking point. In my 53 years I know exactly 0..
I know 0. The difference is, you think it would be okay and I don’t. You may say “they aren’t innocent” but if they were in fact, guilty, then things wouldn’t need to be planted.
Your way of thinking is if I do 75 in a 70 on Wednesday but don’t get caught, that I should be charged with it when I get pulled over for running a stop sign on Friday. Doesn’t cut the mustard.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:00 AM   #50
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
I know 0. The difference is, you think it would be okay and I don’t. You may say “they aren’t innocent” but if they were in fact, guilty, then things wouldn’t need to be planted.
Your way of thinking is if I do 75 in a 70 on Wednesday but don’t get caught, that I should be charged with it when I get pulled over for running a stop sign on Friday. Doesn’t cut the mustard.
Let me back up.. It appears that this couple was set up and murdered.