Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 01-26-2019, 06:18 PM   #51
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
A) itís not Trump Iím worried about, itís the next guy.
B) this is dangerous precedent. If congress wonít give you what you want, just call a national emergency and do it anyway. Thatís not the intent and it undermines the system of checks and balances and it will eventually be abused
I agree, it's not the way to go; as much as I want to see that wall built the real cost may be much more than we ever thought.

when Trump is out of office and the next guy comes in and does the same thing, only on a different subject... we may not like the results.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2019, 06:28 PM   #52
Phillip Fields
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NC,TX, and anywhere else I can

Quote:
A) itís not Trump Iím worried about, itís the next guy.
B) this is dangerous precedent. If congress wonít give you what you want, just call a national emergency and do it anyway. Thatís not the intent and it undermines the system of checks and balances and it will eventually be abused
The US is currently under 31 National Emergencies.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2019-01-...res-what-means
Phillip Fields is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2019, 09:47 PM   #53
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Fields View Post
The US is currently under 31 National Emergencies.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2019-01-...res-what-means
Yep, Iím aware. But like the article you cited states, thereís a difference between economic sanctions against Iran and securing several billion for a wall that may or may not work
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2019, 10:42 PM   #54
Stoof
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Will work for hunts.

Trump is a drama queen. Reality tv star. We are getting exactly what we deserve.
Pelosi and Schumer can suck it too.
Stoof is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #55
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoof View Post
Trump is a drama queen. Reality tv star. We are getting exactly what we deserve.
No!.....
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2019, 10:16 AM   #56
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Truth
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2019, 02:57 PM   #57
diamond10x
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties

Quote:
Any one wishing for a declaration of national security needs to check themselves. This is the last thing we need is for the Executive Branch a half step away from dictatorial measures and the tyranny that accompanied that.
I agree with your statement that that route is dang close to being a dictatorial route and sets precedence for the future office holders and the tyranny that is accompanied with it just like you said, BUT building the wall and and declaring national emergency is different here. The Secure Fence Act of 2006 is still in effect and was never finished, therefore Trump would not be decreeing anything new, just finishing something that fell by the way side and forgotten about. Now the MSM wonít cover that part, they would just claim itís a dictatorial move I would have to bet.
diamond10x is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2019, 03:53 PM   #58
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
He is a drama queen, reality TV star, that put 2 conservatives on the SC....

He does need to tone down the tweeting and public bickering and start concentrating on throwing some of that Obama clan in prison though... At this point there is more than enough evidence to get that done..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2019, 02:33 PM   #59
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Heck, I was "kinda sorta" interested in a extended shutdown to see a real life case study in personal economics. With 800,000 participants as the "N" it would have been quite compelling to watch it unfold in realtime. I also rather not see the President use his powers to get this needed border security done. As many, many, many have noted that is really bad precedence. Heck, on live TV today his Intelligence Chiefs are unwittingly contradicting the President on what are truly the most serious threats to our nation. Our southern border was so far down the list it was uncomfortable to watch.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2019, 02:42 PM   #60
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Heck, I was "kinda sorta" interested in a extended shutdown to see a real life case study in personal economics. With 800,000 participants as the "N" it would have been quite compelling to watch it unfold in realtime. I also rather not see the President use his powers to get this needed border security done. As many, many, many have noted that is really bad precedence. Heck, on live TV today his Intelligence Chiefs are unwittingly contradicting the President on what are truly the most serious threats to our nation. Our southern border was so far down the list it was uncomfortable to watch.
I would have liked to have seen that.. What could have possibly been above it to push that far down the list??
I'm sure there are a few more serious above it but for anyone to think border security is not a very, very serious issue is just ludicrous!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2019, 03:11 PM   #61
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
I would have liked to have seen that.. What could have possibly been above it to push that far down the list??

I'm sure there are a few more serious above it but for anyone to think border security is not a very, very serious issue is just ludicrous!!!!!!
Russia/China plotting on our elections, Syria withdrawal, ISIS growth dominated the hearings/reports.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2019, 03:33 PM   #62
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Russia/China plotting on our elections, Syria withdrawal, ISIS growth dominated the hearings/reports.

Well let's think about this logically... Not politically.. Both are totally different.

Ok so has Russia or China persuaded you, your family, anyone you know or anyone on the GS, on how to vote or who to vote for?? Any influence at all?? NO..

Our border security is more important than Syrias security.. Plain and simple..

I agree ISIS needs to be dealt with but ISIS is coming across our southern border at will but we are more concerned about their growth across the ocean than we are about stopping them from entering our country at will?? Just let them walk in?? Makes 0 sense!!!

The security of this country SHOULD be priority number 1.. It's not lucrative to corrupt politicians so it is not priority number 1..

Last edited by ttaxidermy; 01-29-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:39 PM   #63
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Well let's think about this logically... Not politically.. Both are totally different.

Ok so has Russia or China persuaded you, your family, anyone you know or anyone on the GS, on how to vote or who to vote for?? Any influence at all?? NO..

I agree ISIS needs to be dealt with but ISIS is coming across our southern border at will but we are more concerned about their growth across the ocean than we are about stopping them from entering our country at will?? Just let them walk in?? Makes 0 sense!!!
You gotta talk to our intelligence chiefs on that one. They have 30 plus years each assessing our national threats. I get your take on it clearly but they say otherwise as it relates to our country. Maybe crap is super bad in the areas they listed and southern border concerns pale in comparison?

Old 01-29-2019, 04:23 PM   #64
Tracy moss
Four Point

Hunt In: buna

Remember this !! if Texas goes blue along with New York and California. So goes the country, thatís why Pelois and company is fighting this so hard .Beto shouldnít have been this close. Its dang if he does or dang if he donít on the national security executive actions
Tracy moss is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2019, 04:56 PM   #65
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:

A bunch of things that are being dealt withÖ in some way. Unlike our illegal immigration problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2019, 05:07 PM   #66
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:

The security of this country SHOULD be priority number 1.. It's not lucrative to corrupt politicians so it is not priority number 1..
How is it lucrative to ignore this? Votes?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2019, 05:09 PM   #67
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:

A Corrupt DOJ, FBI and CIA worries me more those mentioned above.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2019, 05:26 PM   #68
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
A bunch of things that are being dealt withÖ in some way. Unlike our illegal immigration problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dunno, seems like not much traction in any of them based on the reports given today. But then again I am sure there are tons of things we don't ever know or hear about.......and never will!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
A Corrupt DOJ, FBI and CIA worries me more those mentioned above.
Cant help you there but i am sure there are many that would agree with that sentiment.............and lots of other alphabet soup agencies!
Old 01-29-2019, 06:23 PM   #69
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy moss View Post
Remember this !! if Texas goes blue along with New York and California. So goes the country, thatís why Pelois and company is fighting this so hard .Beto shouldnít have been this close. Its dang if he does or dang if he donít on the national security executive actions
We republicans are our own worst enemy... Beto should have never been that close but he was because less than 40% of "registered" republicans got off their azzes and went to the voting booth.... It's ridiculous how so few could give a rats azz!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2019, 06:31 PM   #70
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
How is it lucrative to ignore this? Votes?
It's lucrative because I truly believe that "some" politicians are making bookoo money off of the drug trafficking and human trafficking among other things..

Now if you don't believe that then I undestand.. My grandfather, who was one of the wisest men on the planet, told 40 years ago, when I was only 13,
"son you will see many things in your life that do not make sense. Follow the money trail and 99 times out of a hundred the truth will become perfectly clear.. Then you will understand. Money is the root of ALL evil"..
That has held true my entire life.. I was just reading last night that a aborted "child" that is aborted at full term is worth over $100,000 dollars.. Body parts....
As horrific as it is New Yorks new law makes more sense now..
Old 01-30-2019, 08:27 AM   #71
Capt.Brown
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
We republicans are our own worst enemy... Beto should have never been that close but he was because less than 40% of "registered" republicans got off their azzes and went to the voting booth.... It's ridiculous how so few could give a rats azz!!!!!!!!
Texas will be blue again, sadly sooner rather than later.
Capt.Brown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2019, 02:22 PM   #72
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:

How are you fighting folks with 30+ years knowledge each dealing with this?
What are your qualifications?
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2019, 06:13 PM   #73
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
How are you fighting folks with 30+ years knowledge each dealing with this?
What are your qualifications?
My qualification is a very HIGH level of commons sense and very high resistance to being spoon fed a bunch of BS by a bunch of talking heads that NEVER get anything done..
They talk a big game but acheive very little.. Where is the evidence of all the bad things they talk about? Why is it so top secret if it concerns or could affect us all...
I can show them evidence of the "bad" I'm talking about but that doesn't fit their narrative..
Old 01-31-2019, 07:12 AM   #74
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
My qualification is a very HIGH level of commons sense and very high resistance to being spoon fed a bunch of BS by a bunch of talking heads that NEVER get anything done..
They talk a big game but acheive very little.. Where is the evidence of all the bad things they talk about? Why is it so top secret if it concerns or could affect us all...
I can show them evidence of the "bad" I'm talking about but that doesn't fit their narrative..
You're so ignorant and full of yourself it's ridiculous.
You don't realize you only know what they want you to know and you're being fed their narrative and you have access to no more information than they want you to have

Have you ever seen video of an airplane crashing into the Pentagon?
Do you think one exists?
Can you name the top 20 ISIS members and their locations within the previous 48 hours?

Do you know who the vegas shooter called within the 72 hours prior to that incident?

Do you know who orchestrated those migrant caravans from central America? (I know your silly self thinks Soros funded it LOL)

The govt has all of these answers they simply are not releasing them to you or me for good reason.

Just like the military knows what happened leading up to Benghazi they know what happened that lead up to that vambush in Niger.
They simply arent talking.

Trump's advisors have studied this stuff for over half their lives and you do what for a living? But I guess you started at a holiday inn last night which makes everything ok.

Can you even correctly label all the -stan countries on a mapand list their heads of states?
You need to be able to do stuff like that before anyone should take you seriously in regards to knowing this situation.
How are you going to talk about the US economy but you don't know who Jerome Powell is?
No. He's not related to Colin.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:34 AM   #75
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
You're so ignorant and full of yourself it's ridiculous.
You don't realize you only know what they want you to know and you're being fed their narrative and you have access to no more information than they want you to have

Have you ever seen video of an airplane crashing into the Pentagon?
Do you think one exists?
Can you name the top 20 ISIS members and their locations within the previous 48 hours?

Do you know who the vegas shooter called within the 72 hours prior to that incident?

Do you know who orchestrated those migrant caravans from central America? (I know your silly self thinks Soros funded it LOL)

The govt has all of these answers they simply are not releasing them to you or me for good reason.

Just like the military knows what happened leading up to Benghazi they know what happened that lead up to that vambush in Niger.
They simply arent talking.

Trump's advisors have studied this stuff for over half their lives and you do what for a living? But I guess you started at a holiday inn last night which makes everything ok.

Can you even correctly label all the -stan countries on a mapand list their heads of states?
You need to be able to do stuff like that before anyone should take you seriously in regards to knowing this situation.
How are you going to talk about the US economy but you don't know who Jerome Powell is?
No. He's not related to Colin.
Lol... I obviously know more than you think I do.. You may want to try decaf.... You seem a bit wound up this morning and a little more full of BS than normal if that's even possible...

And no I didn't see a video of plane hitting the pentagon and I'm sure I never will...
Oh and some of those "Stan" countries have great sheep hunting.. Bet you didn't know that.

Last edited by ttaxidermy; 01-31-2019 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:45 AM   #76
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Lol... I obviously know more than you think I do.. You may want to try decaf.... You seem a bit wound up this morning and a little more full of BS than normal if that's even possible...

And no I didn't see a video of plane hitting the pentagon and I'm sure I never will...
Oh and some of those "Stan" countries have great sheep hunting.. Bet you didn't know that.
Point I was trying to make is that none of us know more than those guys that presented the other day
We simply don't have the Intel that they do
So at this point we need to accept what they are saying but also question them

But to simply write them off altogether is foolish

It's cool you've hunted over there
I have zero desire to visit those areas
I'm allergic to the Taliban
No thanks.
I really have no interest to visit any place between the Black Sea & Bengal Bay
Not my cup oh tea