Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2019, 06:09 PM   #1
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default Venezuala - You Following?

Is Maduro done?? Juan Guaido now recognized by the U.S. as the new interim president.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 06:10 PM   #2
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

His days as the boss are numbered. Hopefully this doesn't get violent
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 06:11 PM   #3
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young
 
iamntxhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

He is about as done as a burnt pork chop.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 06:39 PM   #4
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young
 
Johnny Dangerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now
Default

Hope the new guy lives through the deal......
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 06:55 PM   #5
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

US embassy was told they have 72 hours to clear out.

Venezuela the poster child for socialism! Take a very wealthy nation with adequate resources and run it right in the crapper. But oh yeah, that’s not real socialism, just ignore that’s been the prevailing outcome of socialism everywhere it’s been practiced
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 07:00 PM   #6
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
US embassy was told they have 72 hours to clear out.

Venezuela the poster child for socialism! Take a very wealthy nation with adequate resources and run it right in the crapper. But oh yeah, thatís not real socialism, just ignore thatís been the prevailing outcome of socialism everywhere itís been practiced
I tried to make this point to a few of the young bucks at work who think socialism is great. But, they are stupid so didn't do much good.

It will get violent down there, he is done but not with out a.fight.
Many people will die but a quote I read was something like this
Die fighting or die starving to death.....I'm going to fight.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 07:18 PM   #7
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Patiently waiting for Alexandria Ocasio Cortez's opinion on the situation. I can guarantee its going to be good.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 07:25 PM   #8
CEO
Ten Point
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
US embassy was told they have 72 hours to clear out.

Venezuela the poster child for socialism! Take a very wealthy nation with adequate resources and run it right in the crapper. But oh yeah, thatís not real socialism, just ignore thatís been the prevailing outcome of socialism everywhere itís been practiced
I got in many debates a decade or so ago about Venezuela with a friend of ours from Argentina. She thought it was going to be the beacon of socialism. I told her to get back with me in a few years.

My buddy's gf works for Citgo. Apparently the office is a little worried.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 07:33 PM   #9
HuntForHorns
Ten Point
 
HuntForHorns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Katy, TX
Hunt In: Waller Co., Sonora, Junction, Kentucky, Africa,
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
I got in many debates a decade or so ago about Venezuela with a friend of ours from Argentina. She thought it was going to be the beacon of socialism. I told her to get back with me in a few years.

My buddy's gf works for Citgo. Apparently the office is a little worried.
Worried about what?
HuntForHorns is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 07:36 PM   #10
CEO
Ten Point
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntForHorns View Post
Worried about what?
I guess that something will happen with the company as a result of what's going down in Venezuela.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 07:46 PM   #11
Capt.Brown
Ten Point
 
Capt.Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Burnet
Hunt In: Texas
Default

He gone!
Capt.Brown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 08:06 PM   #12
Leemo
Ten Point
 
Leemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bay City, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Patiently waiting for Alexandria Ocasio Cortez's opinion on the situation. I can guarantee its going to be good.
Only 12 years
Leemo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #13
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
I got in many debates a decade or so ago about Venezuela with a friend of ours from Argentina. She thought it was going to be the beacon of socialism. I told her to get back with me in a few years.
Is this one of those ones where we ask what she said years later and you say I dont know I lost contact with her and never got to ask?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 09:53 PM   #14
txhunter007
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Motley County
Default

I don’t think he is gonna go down without a fight. I hope for the best for the people of Venezuela.
txhunter007 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 10:15 PM   #15
CEO
Ten Point
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Is this one of those ones where we ask what she said years later and you say I dont know I lost contact with her and never got to ask?
Unfortunately so. Wherever she is I hope the only thought running through her head is; that SOB was right all along.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 10:27 PM   #16
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Patiently waiting for Alexandria Ocasio Cortez's opinion on the situation. I can guarantee its going to be good.
No doubt it will be an instant classic
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 11:00 PM   #17
Crazy Horse
Ten Point
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Kerr & Lavaca County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Patiently waiting for Alexandria Ocasio Cortez's opinion on the situation. I can guarantee its going to be good.
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2019, 11:12 PM   #18
sir shovelhands
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
It will get violent down there, he is done but not with out a.fight.
Many people will die but a quote I read was something like this
Die fighting or die starving to death.....I'm going to fight.
Agreed, he won't go down without a fight.

I read an interesting article about how they handed the national oil company over to the military in 2017, and they've run oil production into the ground, exacerbating the economic issue. Whoda thunk them military would have no clue how to run an oil company?
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 12:18 AM   #19
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
they've run oil production into the ground
From 280 mb/d in 2006 to about 90 mb/d in 2016.

Communism and Socialism simply won't work.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 07:38 AM   #20
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
From 280 mb/d in 2006 to about 90 mb/d in 2016.

Communism and Socialism simply won't work.
Oh no, communism/socialism work just as intended. Designed to weaken the people, make them entirely government dependent, and destroy entrepreneurialism and capitalism.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 08:08 AM   #21
Duckologist
Six Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: SW Louisiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
I got in many debates a decade or so ago about Venezuela with a friend of ours from Argentina. She thought it was going to be the beacon of socialism. I told her to get back with me in a few years.

My buddy's gf works for Citgo. Apparently the office is a little worried.
Venezuela sold 49.9% of Citgo to Russia. So look for Russia to get involved in the mess down there.
Duckologist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 08:28 AM   #22
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
Venezuela sold 49.9% of Citgo to Russia. So look for Russia to get involved in the mess down there.
Let me guess. Trump orchestrated that as well.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 08:31 AM   #23
Duckologist
Six Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: SW Louisiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Let me guess. Trump orchestrated that as well.
LoL I imagine it depends on who you ask
Duckologist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 09:12 AM   #24
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
Venezuela sold 49.9% of Citgo to Russia. So look for Russia to get involved in the mess down there.
Russia, Mexico, Bolivia and a few others have already sided with Maduro. I don't know how much Russia can actually get involved though. They can barely support limited operations in Syria which is a stones throw away.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 09:23 AM   #25
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Russia, Mexico, Bolivia and a few others have already sided with Maduro. I don't know how much Russia can actually get involved though. They can barely support limited operations in Syria which is a stones throw away.
Mexico will be the next Venezuela. You think we have an immigration problem now, wait until socialists concepts fail there
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 10:10 AM   #26
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Mexico will be the next Venezuela. You think we have an immigration problem now, wait until socialists concepts fail there
So in that theory we would expect a dry spell in illegal immigration in the near future, because for a socialist nation to function...it cannot allow its citizens to flee the utopia.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 10:56 AM   #27
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Littlefield
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Imagine if Britain and China recognized Gore POTUS because they thought he was "robbed"

Let those folks have their own process and fight their own domestic fight. We don't need to stick our heads in it or pick sides before the dust settles.
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 11:23 AM   #28
txpitdog
Pope & Young
 
txpitdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kingwood
Hunt In: Polk Co., TX & La Flore Co., OK
Default Venezuala - You Following?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Imagine if Britain and China recognized Gore POTUS because they thought he was "robbed"

Let those folks have their own process and fight their own domestic fight. We don't need to stick our heads in it or pick sides before the dust settles.

If Russia is 49.9% vested in Citgo, then it would not surprise me in the least for the US to contribute to the political destabilization down there. It creates a distraction for Russia to take interest in, possibly forcing it to pull resources away from issues that matter to the US so that it can focus on making sure its asset isnít nationalized or disrupted further.

EDIT: well, well, well...
https://apple.news/AOoToCvpaRAqq_amAa44E_A

Last edited by txpitdog; 01-24-2019 at 11:26 AM.
txpitdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 11:35 AM   #29
sir shovelhands
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Imagine if Britain and China recognized Gore POTUS because they thought he was "robbed"

Let those folks have their own process and fight their own domestic fight. We don't need to stick our heads in it or pick sides before the dust settles.
Apples and oranges.

A: However narrow, Bush won by constitutionally legal means. Maduro's 2018 election was rife with fraud. Considering he won his first election by less than 2%, and having helped create a humanitarian crisis in his own country within 6 years, he wins over 66%? Sounds legit.

B: Bush did not give himself power to "rule by decree" as Maduro has, effectively making himself a King and making the constitution and the courts his *****.

C: Bush didn't steal a ton of money from the government (though Cheney might have through no-bid Halliburton contracts).

Oh, and not only the US, but Canada, the EU (though not officially), and half of South America recognize Guiado.

The purpose of recognizing Guiado is to lend him legitimacy, something he'll need should Maduro try to imprison him.
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 12:17 PM   #30
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

[quote=sir shovelhands;13948915]Apples and oranges.

A: However narrow, Bush won by constitutionally legal means. Maduro's 2018 election was rife with fraud. Considering he won his first election by less than 2%, and having helped create a humanitarian crisis in his own country within 6 years, he wins over 66%? Sounds legit. Dead people voting and more registered voters in a city than population

B: Bush did not give himself power to "rule by decree" as Maduro has, effectively making himself a King and making the constitution and the courts his *****. Executive privilege and a pen

C: Bush didn't steal a ton of money from the government (though might have through no-bid Halliburton contracts). insert Obama and Hillary



Item by item you just described Obama to a T.
Do you realize what you have done?

Last edited by muzzlebrake; 01-24-2019 at 12:21 PM.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 02:53 PM   #31
sir shovelhands
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
Apples and oranges.

A: However narrow, Bush won by constitutionally legal means. Maduro's 2018 election was rife with fraud. Considering he won his first election by less than 2%, and having helped create a humanitarian crisis in his own country within 6 years, he wins over 66%? Sounds legit. Dead people voting and more registered voters in a city than population

B: Bush did not give himself power to "rule by decree" as Maduro has, effectively making himself a King and making the constitution and the courts his *****. Executive privilege and a pen

C: Bush didn't steal a ton of money from the government (though might have through no-bid Halliburton contracts). insert Obama and Hillary

Item by item you just described Obama to a T.
Do you realize what you have done?
While I don't care for Obama, I've been unable to find any hard evidence of direct theft from the government while in office, though there is some evidence that actions he took regarding regulation directly benefited friends which may have allowed for return favors once leaving office. Hillary on the other hand seems to have benefited significantly from her tenure as SecState.

I've spent a good amount of searching for evidence of widespread voter fraud and been unable to find much beyond hearsay that is often uncorroborated. Hell, Kris Kobach, the main proponent of the massive voter fraud theory couldn't come up with any meaningful evidence to corroborate his theory. He was torn apart in court because his data was garbage.

I agree on executive privilege overreach, but as we've seen that can be overturned by the next guy in office / congress / SC and is limited. I think EP is a legal grey area that needs proper definition by congress or the SC.
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 05:07 PM   #32
cuttingedge
Ten Point
 
cuttingedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Colorado Springs - sadness
Hunt In: hardly at all here
Default

WWIII In the making. Everybody everywhere is drawing lines in the sand. Once one of them militarily backs one or the other it will be on like Donkey Kong.
cuttingedge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 05:40 PM   #33
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingedge View Post
WWIII In the making. Everybody everywhere is drawing lines in the sand. .
Hopefully we have cleaned up all the mess leftover from the civil war here before we having to shift focus to WWIII.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 05:52 PM   #34
wolfslair
Spike
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
I tried to make this point to a few of the young bucks at work who think socialism is great. But, they are stupid so didn't do much good.

It will get violent down there, he is done but not with out a.fight.
Many people will die but a quote I read was something like this
Die fighting or die starving to death.....I'm going to fight.
The public fool system, VH1 and MTV have poisoned their minds well.
wolfslair is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 10:18 PM   #35
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

I heard Instagram removed the verified account check from his account sooooo I'd say he's super done
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #36
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Littlefield
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
While I don't care for Obama, I've been unable to find any hard evidence of direct theft from the government while in office, though there is some evidence that actions he took regarding regulation directly benefited friends which may have allowed for return favors once leaving office. Hillary on the other hand seems to have benefited significantly from her tenure as SecState.

I've spent a good amount of searching for evidence of widespread voter fraud and been unable to find much beyond hearsay that is often uncorroborated. Hell, Kris Kobach, the main proponent of the massive voter fraud theory couldn't come up with any meaningful evidence to corroborate his theory. He was torn apart in court because his data was garbage.

I agree on executive privilege overreach, but as we've seen that can be overturned by the next guy in office / congress / SC and is limited. I think EP is a legal grey area that needs proper definition by congress or the SC.
Tons of voter fraud evidence in North Carolina that's exactly why the recent voting results can not be certified by a judge.
One guy single handedly orchestrated the voter fraud.
Look it up
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 10:48 AM   #37
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Littlefield
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

[quote=muzzlebrake;13949028]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
Apples and oranges.

A: However narrow, Bush won by constitutionally legal means. Maduro's 2018 election was rife with fraud. Considering he won his first election by less than 2%, and having helped create a humanitarian crisis in his own country within 6 years, he wins over 66%? Sounds legit. Dead people voting and more registered voters in a city than population

:
I'll concede dead people voting because Dowliss has utilized that tactic:
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/po...222806255.html

But more registered voters than a city population you'll need to cite specific examples.
Do you understand how silly that sounds when 40-50% of a city population is usually under the age of 18?

Please provide verifiable links.
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 10:52 AM   #38
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Littlefield
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
US embassy was told they have 72 hours to clear out.
Trump I'd telling the embassy workers to stay put because they can't use govt aircraft during the shutdown.
This is dumb.
Now they are sitting ducks on their compound and Maduro can easily cut electricity and all other resources to the compound and essentially create a Benghazi 2.0 for trump.

We could be essentially watching Americans die because of POTUS incompetence and bravado.

Socialism be dammed.
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #39
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Trump I'd telling the embassy workers to stay put because they can't use govt aircraft during the shutdown.
This is dumb.
Now they are sitting ducks on their compound and Maduro can easily cut electricity and all other resources to the compound and essentially create a Benghazi 2.0 for trump.

We could be essentially watching Americans die because of POTUS incompetence and bravado.

Socialism be dammed.
I get what you are saying, and surely there are emergency measures in a shut down to protect diplomats and staff. But there is a lot less hate for America in Caracas than in Benghazi.

Surely our embassies have emergency power off the grid of their host countries
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 03:02 PM   #40
sir shovelhands
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Tons of voter fraud evidence in North Carolina that's exactly why the recent voting results can not be certified by a judge.
One guy single handedly orchestrated the voter fraud.
Look it up
I'm aware of that. I also said widespread voter fraud. I don't consider voter fraud in a single small county to be a widespread coordinated effort.
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 04:56 PM   #41
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Littlefield
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
I get what you are saying, and surely there are emergency measures in a shut down to protect diplomats and staff. But there is a lot less hate for America in Caracas than in Benghazi.

Surely our embassies have emergency power off the grid of their host countries
How long can those generators run? I take it they are not solar powered and need fossil fuels.
Maduro controls those.

We're about to see what'sgoing to happen really soon.
If this guy will starve his own people what do you think he'll do to our embassy workers?
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com