Need help with a simple will involving Social Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with a simple will involving Social Security

I need to get something on paper soon that involves my assests and social security. Please Email me if you can assist me. Involves a childs future. I trust this place I have no where else to go. Thank you. Chrisjgott@gmail.com

You okay man?

Comment

Hoping all is well Chris.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Good to see your name on the screen

Hope somebody here can help you out

Comment

Im good just trying to assure a beautiful brave little boy gets access to my social security

Comment

Cameron's name popped up the other day on a thread and now you make an appearance

Hope y'all are all doing well

We had wills drawn up when the kids were little, don't remember it costing very much

Comment

Long time no talk Chris. I think you need to start with an estate lawyer. A trust may be your best avenue.

Comment

I remember where to come when im over my head and need advice

Comment

Don’t believe you can pass social security death benefits by Will or otherwise reroute the funds. In other words, don’t think you can overrule SS.

That being said, if you have assets and want to provide for a minor child, you certainly can do so.

This is my wheelhouse and I’d love to help, but I see you’re in Troy. There should be plenty of attorneys in Temple or Waco who could help you. Just make sure you get someone who’s an estate planner, not just a lawyer who “can write a Will.” Yes, there is a huge difference. I spend half my time fixing the latter’s mistakes.

Comment

About a year ago I had a Will created to my include my specific requests. $300 later it was witnessed, stamped, and recorded. I'd say my will is simple.
                      Only a lawyer can properly answer your question/situation.

Comment

Chris, I would reach out to Grayson & get some direction to make sure YOUR wishes happen. These issues usually have doors you may not have otherwise considered opening. Best of luck amigo.

Comment

Working...
                        X