Blanco County Hunting 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blanco County Hunting 2020-2021

Just starting a post for all the Blanco County Hunters to post up and post their kills this season. My first year hunting Blanco County and pretty excited about the opportunities and possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have tons of WT and a few axis showing up regularly on camera. Blanco county hold many other free ranging exotics?

Just curious as to what others see regularly....

Comment

I’ve been hunting blanco county ( east of 281 @Round Mountain) for 30 years and only ever seen a few sika doe and one buck. The bucks have gotten 10 times bigger in all these years. It seems that people just don’t kill the first thing they see anymore which is nice

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        I’ve been hunting blanco county ( east of 281 @Round Mountain) for 30 years and only ever seen a few sika doe and one buck. The bucks have gotten 10 times bigger in all these years. It seems that people just don’t kill the first thing they see anymore which is nice

That’s good to know! Any black buck or fallow seen in that time?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
          That’s good to know! Any black buck or fallow seen in that time?

Besides of the sika I never see any black buck or fallow. Years ago I’d see some fallow but not in many years.
          There could be at any time because there are a lot of HF places around my lease and they have most types of exotics and elk. So one day I’m hoping some of those get loose and head my way

Comment

Excellent. How often do you see good axis bucks? Do they move around pretty often?

Comment

Excellent. How often do you see good axis bucks? Do they move around pretty often?

I never see them on my place. But they are everywhere on the surrounding ranches.
              I suspect one day I’ll start seeing them

Comment

Are there any other Blanco Co hunters here?

Comment

My father in law is ranch manager on a high fence place right on the county line. They have a couple hundred acres low fence also, they shoot a 130ish every year over there. Plentiful opportunities. I’m searching for a lease out that way for next season.

Comment

When does whitetail rut usually hit in Blanco County?

Comment

Are there any other Blanco Co hunters here?

Been hunting southern Blanco county since 1996.

Comment

Been hunting in blanco county for 23 years or so. Best Pre Rut action is typically the first few weeks of November. Based on when we see fawns drop I think most of the breeding goes down the week of thanksgiving.

Comment

This guy has visited our lease east of willow city but in Blanco Cty. Have a couple of nice bucks coming in as well.Click image for larger version

Name:	aoudad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	24633466

Comment

Sold quite a few ranches in Blanco county. Very familiar with it.

Most of the exotics are in the western part of the county, but you will see pockets of them East of 281 along drainages.

Comment

We hunt in Sandy

Comment

Working...
                              X