The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
    Hey guys this is breaking news and I don't want to say a whole lot until I have all the details as hard fact but it appears that FLIR will be closing their OTS (Outdoor Tactical Systems) division that makes all the consumer/hunting thermal scopes. What does this mean exactly? Mainly, the FLIR brand of thermal scopes will no longer be produced and sold. I'm working with my FLIR contacts to get more information and I have full faith that they will be honoring all warranties since the greater FLIR corporation is a Fortune 500 company and their other divisions will remain intact and in operation.

More news when we have it.

Jason
    WOW. This is disappointing for the consumers on many levels. Competition encourages innovation for better products and helps us consumers out on price. This is like Ford, Chevy or Ram saying they are going to stop making trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
      My experience has been the opposite. I feel like there is some quality/clarity lost from what you see in the eye piece vs what it looks like after you downloaded it to your computer and then uploaded it to youtube. I will admit my experience has only been with Pulsar so I am not sure about the Flir.
      Yes that is true with Pulsar and Trijicon.

FLIR is the opposite to me and few others who seen them. Looks so much better on video after.

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
      Yep. Jason will get you hooked up. Prices are all the same across the board. I looked and looked for deals on a Thermion a while back and every single place had the same price. So I went with outdoor legacy bc they have great CS and reviews.
      False. Find the right person/company and some will bargain

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Browsing Instagram this morning and saw this on Pulsar’s feed, looks like Hans and Jason are already snooping around Shotshow!!!

Comment

I got my fingers crossed Pulsar releases something in the mid 2k to low 3k range.

Comment

FLIR is the opposite to me and few others who seen them. Looks so much better on video after.

Interesting and good to know on the Flir's. Has anyone else had the same experience as gingib with the Flir's?

I have heard that you might have warranty issues with the companies that will bargain with you. The manufacturer will want to know who you bought it from and see the receipt and if it isnt from a official retailer at their MAP pricing then you might have an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                Interesting and good to know on the Flir's. Has anyone else had the same experience as gingib with the Flir's?

I have heard that you might have warranty issues with the companies that will bargain with you. The manufacturer will want to know who you bought it from and see the receipt and if it isnt from a official retailer at their MAP pricing then you might have an issue.
                Yeah I’ve got a flir pts536 and on YouTube and they make it look comparable to trijicon on the videos, I’ve tried messing with every resolution adjustment and can’t even come close to the YouTube video quality. Lol

Comment

This guy
                  Originally posted by Russ81 View Post

Exactly my thought as well.

Comment

Russ is correct. You're looking at $500+ for good digital night vision. Thermal starts at $1,900 and quickly jumps up into the $3,000+ range and goes up from there.

I know I sound like a broken record but....you've got to wait until the SHOT Show.lol But yes, I'd expect another Wraith model coming, this one with 4K resolution but at a significantly higher price. More details soon.

Jason
                    Will the newer Wraith be replacing the older one, or just an additional model?

Comment

Ordered!

Great special! Thanks APR

Comment

Nice

Flir!

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                          I got my fingers crossed Pulsar releases something in the mid 2k to low 3k range.
                          Me too! That Thermion XM38 is still too high for my budget.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Yeah I’ve got a flir pts536 and on YouTube and they make it look comparable to trijicon on the videos, I’ve tried messing with every resolution adjustment and can’t even come close to the YouTube video quality. Lol
                            Wow. That's crazy. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                              Browsing Instagram this morning and saw this on Pulsar’s feed, looks like Hans and Jason are already snooping around Shotshow!!!

Thanks Russ! We had a great time with the Pulsar guys up at their facility and we'll be heading out next week to Vegas for more meetings at SHOT with them. Lots of cool upgrades and stuff coming over the next few months.

As for the $2,500 price range optics....I'm sorry guys it just doesn't look like it's going to happen right now. If you sit down and have it all explained to you it really starts to make a ton of sense. It can be frustrating and Pulsar feels this pain too, they want to be in that price category, but that price range just isn't that easy for a whole lot of reasons.

- Jason

Comment

Thanks Russ! We had a great time with the Pulsar guys up at their facility and we'll be heading out next week to Vegas for more meetings at SHOT with them. Lots of cool upgrades and stuff coming over the next few months.

As for the $2,500 price range optics....I'm sorry guys it just doesn't look like it's going to happen right now. If you sit down and have it all explained to you it really starts to make a ton of sense. It can be frustrating and Pulsar feels this pain too, they want to be in that price category, but that price range just isn't that easy for a whole lot of reasons.

- Jason

What’s weird is the apex 38 two years ago was about $2500. I’d think by now they could hold the price and increase the technology or keep the technology and lower the price.
                                Thanks for the informative updates as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X