No announcement yet.

Anyone ever hunt Agarita Springs Ranch by Utopia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had boots on the ground this morning. Talked to the local Warden. It’s probably not for you... ��

Comment

Originally posted by BanderaBowhunts View Post
      I had boots on the ground this morning. Talked to the local Warden. It’s probably not for you... ��
      So what does that mean?? They don't want people out there??

Comment

I’ve been on 5 hunts out there. More people than game. Most people walk around the property most of the time. It’s hard to see animals like that. If you do, most of them are high tailing it out of an area. I sat in a concealed spot one evening and 7 hunters walked up on me during the hunt. It’s pretty country, but be prepared to see bunches of people.

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
          So what does that mean?? They don't want people out there??
          I was joking. Ran into the warden. He told me nothing had been taken out of there. Told me they had whitetail, exotics, and a bunch of pigs. I’m from Bandera so I know the area pretty well and that’s typical of the area. Cannot respond to the pressure from hunters, personally hadn’t hunted it yet. Got my public lands permit. Gonna give it at least one whirl. I don’t expect anyone to jump on here and post that the place is great if it is actually. 800 acres isn’t very much if you’re trying to get away from other people though.

Comment

Anyone going out this week or next? With the cold front and people not seeing anything wondering if the pressure will subside!

I have only glassed it prior to season!

Comment

My brother and I are gonna give it a try tomorrow morning.

Comment

Went this morning and and my brother harvested a decent doe. We've scouted out a few good spots so its worth checking out if you get the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wcaldwell View Post
                  Went this morning and and my brother harvested a decent doe. We've scouted out a few good spots so its worth checking out if you get the time.
                  Great update congrats! Any sign of axis?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats awesome my son and I are going to take a look either this afternoon or tomorrow evening

Comment

Originally posted by Wcaldwell View Post
                      Congrats thats awesome love hearing the success on Public land especially in Texas

Comment

A few hogs but no sign of axis. After our morning hunt and seeing nothing we scouted quite a bit till almost lunch and walked up on the doe heading back to our truck.

Comment

Buddy spoke to game warden today there and he said only 1 deer has been taken and no hogs. At least what has been reported. The season does end Nov 6. It’s only open during the archery only season and the spring turkey season. No hunting during the general season.

Comment

Working...
                          X