Cooper WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
    Carbon footprint at Cooper is far greater than I've ever seen. Probably due to COVID and probably responsible for the lack of deer sightings. I found cut fences, foot bridges and folks riding dirt bikes on the unit

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    well that sucks. hopefully you dont come accross a field of weed or a pot still

Comment

Originally posted by kdm015 View Post
      well that sucks. hopefully you dont come accross a field of weed or a pot still
      Ahhhhh, been there and done that

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        Dang, now I wish I bought that Judge.
        can we carry pistols out there if we have LTC?

Comment

Originally posted by kdm015 View Post
          can we carry pistols out there if we have LTC?
          Yes, you can always carry pistols when hunting, hiking, fishing, camping, etc with or without a LTC. But, watch out for Chris Fried.

Comment

Yes, you can always carry pistols when hunting, hiking, fishing, camping, etc with or without a LTC. But, watch out for Chris Fried.

You sure about that? I thought COE lands don’t have to honor LTC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post

Texas Penal Code Section 46.15(b)(3) states that the crimes of “Unlawful carry of a weapon” or “Carrying in a prohibited place” do not apply to a person who “is engaging in lawful hunting, fishing, or other sporting activity on the immediate premises where the activity is conducted, or is en route between the premises and the actor's residence, motor vehicle, or watercraft, if the weapon is a type commonly used in the activity”.

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post

Upon further review, my call is overturned. (Man, do I miss football).

10. Are there weapons and/or means and methods restrictions on public hunting
                areas?
                The “Means and Methods” restrictions as required under state law apply to
                all Corps of Engineers hunting areas with the following additional requirements:
                a. Hunting or shooting within 600 feet of homes, developed parks, roads, fishing
                piers or platforms, farm and ranch yards, outlet structures, emergency spillways, or
                other areas is prohibited unless otherwise stated or posted.
                b. Pistols are prohibited.

Comment

But, still, watch out for GW Chris Fried.

Comment

Upon further review, my call is overturned. (Man, do I miss football).

10. Are there weapons and/or means and methods restrictions on public hunting
                    areas?
                    The “Means and Methods” restrictions as required under state law apply to
                    all Corps of Engineers hunting areas with the following additional requirements:
                    a. Hunting or shooting within 600 feet of homes, developed parks, roads, fishing
                    piers or platforms, farm and ranch yards, outlet structures, emergency spillways, or
                    other areas is prohibited unless otherwise stated or posted.
                    b. Pistols are prohibited.

Lol, I was looking for the citation myself and just found that.

A few years back Congress changed the law for most federal lands and allowed carrying with CHL/LTC. Corps lands were not included in that legislation unfortunately.

Comment

Did anyone kill anything this past week? Found a heavy blood trail that looked like it had been there a couple days. Was leading out of an area with a hang-on stand right by a creek bed.

Comment

If i get my truck back from the body shop in the next day or so, I'll be out either Friday and/or Saturday. Its killing me.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fowltrouble2 View Post
                          Did anyone kill anything this past week? Found a heavy blood trail that looked like it had been there a couple days. Was leading out of an area with a hang-on stand right by a creek bed.
                          Saw a gut pile buy where a truck parked on Sat morning. Not sure what it was. I'm happy the two guys in that truck got something because I was a bull in a china shop that morning going through the woods in the dark. Figured I scared every animal in 5 miles. I did see some pigs on the way back out, so maybe it was just a hog kill.

Comment

Anybody hunt this morning. Probably going to head out in a little while for an evening hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                              Anybody hunt this morning. Probably going to head out in a little while for an evening hunt.

I will be out this evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was out this morning. blew my chance at a pig, saw some more hogs when hiking back to the truck

Comment

Working...
                                X